PDA

View Full Version : Problem subscribing to threads

snuffy
05-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Is something wrong with the Thread Tools - Subscribe to this Thread function?
It doesn't allow me to subscribe when I try to use it.

at_liberty
05-10-2010, 12:17 PM
are you logged in? Check at top/right. I tried subscribing to this thread, and the process seemed to succeed as normally.

snuffy
05-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Sorry for the bandwidth. Seems I forgot to click the "Add Subscription" button. :blushing: :blushing:

Bawanna
05-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Here's my stupid question of the day. What does subscribing to a thread do for you? I've never done it, guess I figured if would make me responsible for all the wrong doings in the world if I subscribed? I'm clueless on some of this stuff.

snuffy
05-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Subscribing allows me to receive an e-mail when someone posts to that thread. That way you don't have to "Tag" the thread.

Bawanna
05-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Subscribing allows me to receive an e-mail when someone posts to that thread. That way you don't have to "Tag" the thread.

Thanks, thats pretty cool. Now I'd ask what Tagging does but I don't want to look dumb twice in the same day. I always just look for new post and private messages. I've been trying the search with mixed success too. I think there's alot of stuff available here I don't even know about.

snuffy
05-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Now I'd ask what Tagging does but I don't want to look dumb twice in the same day.

Some people make a post to the thread that just says "Tag". That way they are notified of new posts. Subscribing does the same thing without making a post.

jocko
05-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Thanks, thats pretty cool. Now I'd ask what Tagging does but I don't want to look dumb twice in the same day. I always just look for new post and private messages. I've been trying the search with mixed success too. I think there's alot of stuff available here I don't even know about.

lots of stuff on here that I can't find. I have searched and searched all back threads and I know I have missed your report on the magna port K40 tha tyou got back a month ago. Just had to had miss it, no one in their right mind could get a gun back from magna port a month ago and not even shot it. Tell me I missed it Bawanna:hurt:

Bawanna
05-10-2010, 02:41 PM
lots of stuff on here that I can't find. I have searched and searched all back threads and I know I have missed your report on the magna port K40 tha tyou got back a month ago. Just had to had miss it, no one in their right mind could get a gun back from magna port a month ago and not even shot it. Tell me I missed it Bawanna:hurt:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you just missed it. It was 2 weeks ago I got it back. Your in luck though, I'm gonna do some more scientific discharging of projectiles this weekend. If allowed I'm gonna take some time lapse digital pics, do those camera's in the little cardboard box do that?
I'm also sending a full case of armorall to your address, hoping you put a couple bottles each on your seat and foot boards. You can wrap the 3ft long pink tassles around your wrist so you don't fall off. Wouldn't want you to hurt yourself. You can have good thoughts of me while your sliding around trying to stay aboard that big bad behemoth of a harley.
Rode my kids big quad yesterday, haven't scared myself that bad since the last time I rode a Harley in rush hour in Seattle. Think I'm scaring easier now days, I couldn't shift of course so all the scary stuff happened in 2nd. Lots of power in that thing. POlaris, don't recall what size but gosh darn fast. Hard part is mounting and dismounting, might have bruised my cocyx.