PDA

View Full Version : another broken follower

olympicmotorcars
10-26-2013, 08:46 PM
My PPS 40 broke another magazine follower again today at the range. Had multiple slide lock back issues and I am assuming it was the broken follower causing the rounds in the magazine to be out of alignment enough to brush against the slide lock and trip it.

I think I need to send it in and get a ramp-ectomy. I would really like to talk to someone in person before I just send it in. It is technically out of warranty but it has had this problem from the start obviously, I am just now resigned to giving up and sending it in.

Who should I contact at Kahr? Anybody have a phone number?

Thanks

bonjorno2
10-26-2013, 08:59 PM
My PPS 40 broke another magazine follower again today at the range. Had multiple slide lock back issues and I am assuming it was the broken follower causing the rounds in the magazine to be out of alignment enough to brush against the slide lock and trip it.

I think I need to send it in and get a ramp-ectomy. I would really like to talk to someone in person before I just send it in. It is technically out of warranty but it has had this problem from the start obviously, I am just now resigned to giving up and sending it in.

Thanks

pps 40?

addictedhealer
10-26-2013, 09:57 PM
WTF..... I'm confused? First off post in the appropriate location. Don't half ass your post for a quicker response. If you are having follower issues send them a email. They are quick to respond. I'm sure they will advise you on what to do.

jocko
10-26-2013, 09:57 PM
email Jay at kahr. he is the go to guy . Just tell him about the broken followers, u need not tell him it is out of warranty unless he asks u about the age etc

Have no idea what a pps40 is though, as kahr doesn't make that model.

kerby9mm
10-27-2013, 04:07 AM
WTF..... I'm confused? First off post in the appropriate location. Don't half ass your post for a quicker response. If you are having follower issues send them a email. They are quick to respond. I'm sure they will advise you on what to do.

The pps40 guy couldn't find the “half-ass / give orders ” section but you did.

cloud
10-27-2013, 04:45 AM

Thanks

I have never had a problem reaching kahr by phone.

from kahr's web site

K.A.I.
130 Goddard Memorial Dr.
Worcester, MA 01603
Attn: Service Dept.

Contact Kahr Arms Technical Support Department to receive a Return Authorization number before shipping a firearm to the factory. You can do this by online (RA request form) or by calling 508-795-3919. PISTOLS SHIPPED TO THE FACTORY MUST BE SENT PREPAID. THE KAHR SERVICE DEPARTMENT CAN NOT ACCEPT COLLECT SHIPMENTS

RRP
10-27-2013, 04:54 AM
Save yourself some time, and embarrassment, by contacting Walther.

Not every broken follower belongs to Kahr. :D

hardluk1
10-27-2013, 06:41 AM
Assuming your handgun might be a KAHR p40 contact kahr about the feed ramp breaking the followers. Have a shipping label sent as it is a from the factory problem and let them fix it. IF a pps40?? try another forum.

muggsy
10-27-2013, 07:05 AM
email Jay at kahr. he is the go to guy . Just tell him about the broken followers, u need not tell him it is out of warranty unless he asks u about the age etc

Have no idea what a pps40 is though, as kahr doesn't make that model.

You, of all people, shouldn't criticize a typo, or brain fart. Just sayin". :)

bonjorno2
10-27-2013, 03:20 PM
^^^ rotflmao

jocko
10-27-2013, 03:39 PM
You, of all people, shouldn't criticize a typo, or brain fart. Just sayin". :)

but I just don't like for people to tread into my territory. Just sayin. I work hard at this, u would have to think about it to do it, I can do it naturally. Jsut say8in

olympicmotorcars
10-27-2013, 07:59 PM
Wow, just read the replies tonight. It was just a "senior moment" or "brain fart" for sure. I actually meant to say PM40.

I shot my PPS 40 yesterday also and I guess it was just on my mind.

I plan to call Kahr tomorrow and talk to Jay.

Planedude
10-27-2013, 08:47 PM
Wow, just read the replies tonight. It was just a "senior moment" or "brain fart" for sure. I actually meant to say PM40.

I shot my PPS 40 yesterday also and I guess it was just on my mind.

I plan to call Kahr tomorrow and talk to Jay.

None of here know this "senior" issue of which you speak.;)

But all of this did make a few smiles and poke a stick at Jocko...
Anytime that happens the laughs begin.
Good luck on the PM40, it does sound like a fix-able problem, just saying.