PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Trace guys

Harrylee
11-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Hey guys I was just wondering that if you guy set your CTL to shoot at point of impact at a certain distance or you run it parallel to the barrel. My buddy just got one for his PM45 and just playing around with it and got it bolted up and it needed to be zeroed so I had a LaserLyte training cartridge laying on the table, throw that in and when they come together at least you will be close all though it is not a bore lazer it helps getting things close fast . Still old school and rely on my skills of eyes and hand movement, but I can see where this is a real aide as my eyes and reflexes are getting a bit slower. Still can draw my CM9 in less than 2 seconds from concealed with owb holster but every bit helps . So this was something I was just wondering about

Bawanna
11-03-2013, 08:29 PM
I just make mine match the iron sights at room distance. I usually just aim at the roof corner and see if the laser is close. I do that from time to time just to make sure it hasn't been knocked off or anything.
I shoot a mag or so at the range each visit using only the laser but generally don't even look at it. Most times a put a piece of tape over it so others can't see how steady my hands are (yeah right).

Mine sees the most use tormenting my cat. Keeps her running around without fail. I can get my sisters cat to run up walls, goes truly nuts over the thing.

RevRay
11-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Same with me ... I just match mine to the iron sights ... then when I'm at the range I just use the laser. Seems to do just fine.

Bawanna
11-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Perhaps worth noting, mine was on the money out of the box. Didn't have to adjust anything. I did adjust just to make sure it would and it did just what it was suppose to do, put it back where it started and been good ever since.

LorenzoB
11-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Same with me ... I just match mine to the iron sights ... then when I'm at the range I just use the laser. Seems to do just fine.

Same with me.
But that laserlyte as a boresighter ain't a bad idea. I'll have to give that a try.

dirtkicker
11-04-2013, 02:40 PM
I set my CT laser to be pretty much dead on at 10 yards. That way at 15 you should still be good and at close range you would still be good.

garyb
11-04-2013, 02:48 PM
I set it at 10 yrds to match my sights. I remember hearing that they set it that way at the factory, because like Bawanna, I didn't need to make any adjustment. It will be good at everything beyond 10 yrds. I tested it at 20 yrds in low light and it was nuts on. However, you will note that at very close distance (a few feet) the laser will be lower than your sights. It won't be so low to matter much...because at very close distance you can point your gun and hit center mass even if you use the laser (or not). Great tool.

jeepster09
11-04-2013, 03:38 PM
When I have used lasers, I would use laser bore sight it for about 10 yards.

muggsy
11-04-2013, 04:43 PM
I'd adjust to laser to point of impact at 50 feet. I can hit what I want out to 21' by simply point shooting. If you are on at 50' you won't be far off point of aim at 21'. Here's the Crimson Trace recommendation. Great minds think alike.

http://www.crimsontrace.com/support/sighting-guide/