PDA

View Full Version : New PM9 in Florida

mike530i
11-07-2013, 12:02 AM
Hello all,

I just added a practically brand new PM9 to my family of Sig P250C, Glock 23 FDE, and a Spike Tactical Ar15. I just got it today, and hope to hit the range on Friday to try her out, but I already think I'm in love. I needed something small, easily concealable, and light weight, so this seemed like the perfect choice. The shop I got it from from told me a regular of theirs bought it, but then traded it back for something else after having only put a handful of rounds through it. Hopefully there were zero issues, but even if there are I'll let Kahr sort it out for me. My only reservation about the pistol is capacity, but as always in life there's a trade off. For me the ease of pocket carry rather than my G23 just makes sense. Anyway add another proud Kahr owner to the list, and now I just have pick a new set of sights. I have Tru Glo TFO on my Glock, and love them, but I can't seem to find them for PM9. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Mike

hardluk1
11-07-2013, 07:27 AM
Welcome aboard from a 42 year ex Floridian. Have you checked with Dawson Precision if they can get close to your needs? They may not have exactly what you want but might get close enough.

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=SIGHTS+FRONT%3AKahr+Fr ont+Sights:Kahr+New+Style+Dovetail+Front+Sights

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=SIGHTS+REAR:Kahr+Arms+ Rear+Sights

muggsy
11-14-2013, 10:57 AM
In a SHTF situation the gun on your person is far more valuable than the one you left at home.

mike530i
11-21-2013, 08:45 PM
So, I made it to the range that faithful Friday 2 weeks, and things did not go well at all. Actually, the 1st 152 rounds did go well, and I was hitting point of aim from 7 yards. The 1st 60 rounds were FMJ, followed by 40 rounds of good hollow points, and then the rest were all FMJ. At the 152 mark it stove piped, so I cleared the weapon, put the mag back in, and tried to rack the slide back. I say tried because it locked up on me, and would not release unless I pulled the slide further back to engage the slide stop. Once the slide stop was engaged I could flick it with my thumb, slide goes forward, and she's good to go, NOT. Jam!! WTF! So I went through it again and ended up with the same results. I got the range officer to come check it out in case maybe I was just tired and limp wristing or something, but the same thing happened to him. Called it a day , and went back to the shop I bought it from, and said hey check this out for me. He saw what it was doing with the slide locking up, so took all apart and cleaned it up all nice, and put it back together only to find that the problem continued. No clue, and little help, so $50 later for fedex express to Kahr I'm still waiting to hear back. They've had it for 7 business now, so I guess I'll just keep waiting to hear from them. What I didn't realize though is that I should have paid the extra $100 to get the brand new gun instead of the "slightly used" version. After researching a bit on here I found that it was manufactured in 2005, much to my disappointment. Anyway, $600 for the gun, plus $100 or so for the ammo that I wasted on the 1st tryout, plus the shipping charge back to Kahr, plus whatever they end up charging me, and then another trip to the range with $100 or so for more ammo equals a very unhappy PM9 owner.

warbird1
11-21-2013, 09:22 PM
The first 152 rounds were not a waste unless you don't enjoy shooting. Just wait till you get it back before you get too upset. Based on my experience Kahr WILL make it right.
Just curious...what do you think of the Sig P250c ?

berettabone
11-22-2013, 08:30 AM
First, I always opt to buy new, second, I had 3 stovepipes in mine between rds. 150 and 200. I attribute this to the ammo I was using. Don't give up yet. Personally, I think you should have held off sending it in until you had some more rounds through. I used all fmj for the first 200 rds. This is also why you should do some homework before purchasing a used firearm. Not a cut, just a suggestion.

warbird1
11-22-2013, 09:45 AM
First, I always opt to buy new, second, I had 3 stovepipes in mine between rds. 150 and 200. I attribute this to the ammo I was using. Don't give up yet. Personally, I think you should have held off sending it in until you had some more rounds through. I used all fmj for the first 200 rds. This is also why you should do some homework before purchasing a used firearm. Not a cut, just a suggestion.
Normally I agree with you on buying new but not always. I have a beautiful Browning BDA (.380) made in 1982 that I picked up earlier this year. There are exceptions to the rule.:spider:

berettabone
11-22-2013, 10:34 AM
Normally I agree with you on buying new but not always. I have a beautiful Browning BDA (.380) made in 1982 that I picked up earlier this year. There are exceptions to the rule.:spider:
Yeah, I know...........I have a sweet speed six in 9mm that I bought last year...............but usually I buy new.http://kahrtalk.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

mike530i
11-27-2013, 08:17 PM
The first 152 rounds were not a waste unless you don't enjoy shooting. Just wait till you get it back before you get too upset. Based on my experience Kahr WILL make it right.
Just curious...what do you think of the Sig P250c ?

My P250 is a 1st gen, and it's never had a single problem. I've run 1000's of rounds through it of every kind you can think of, and it's certainly lived up to the Sig reputation.
On the bright side I just got the PM9 back today. The notes on the workorder that was returned with the gun states they replaced the slide, recoil spring/rod, and the barrel all at no charge. What's great about that is that the serial number begins with "VB," which puts the manufacture date in 2005. Kahr didn't have to do a single thing for me under warranty, especially since I bought an 8 year old second hand gun, and for that they get an A+ for service.
Hopefully, I can get to the range in the next few days to try it out.

Thanks everyone!!!!!

-Mike