PDA

View Full Version : Most recent Pope?

knkali
11-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Do you like?
I sort a feel he is a good one.

JohnR
11-07-2013, 09:44 AM
I can't tell for sure. I will say, that a bunch of news articles try to paint him as radical, but if you study the details of what he says in those articles, there's nothing new. The media just likes to stir the crap.

berettabone
11-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Just make sure you give them 35% of your income, and he/things will be fine................

CPO15
11-07-2013, 10:10 AM
I'm a Lutheran; we're the Roman Catholic Junior Varsity, but I was raised in the Vatican colony of Baltimore in the 1950s so I was pretty much raised by Catholics. This guy seems to be the first genuine regular Joe kinda Pope in my lifetime. If he keeps up this behavior, I may go out for the Varsity squad.

knkali
11-07-2013, 10:38 AM
This guy seems to be the first genuine regular Joe kinda Pope in my lifetime.

My thoughts exactly
http://now.msn.com/pope-francis-embraces-ailing-man-photos-go-viral

TheTman
11-07-2013, 11:58 AM
According to the prophecy of St. Malachy, an Irish Saint, that while visiting the Vatican had a vision of all the future popes, along with a latin phrase to describe them. Pope Benedict the 16th, was the Glory of the Olives, which they attribute to him being the head of the Olivetan order. The current Pope is the last pope in the prophecy, and his phrase is Petrus Romanus, or Peter the Roman. His name does have Peter in it and his family is Italian. He is said to be the Pope that ushers in the Anti-Christ, and witnesses the destruction of the "city of seven hills", some think that is Rome, others Jerusalem. Many have studied the prophecy, and say it has been at the very least 80 percent accurate. I'm not ragging on Catholics, as they are as far removed from the Vatican's goings on, as we are from what goes on in the White House. And like the Masons, most don't know what is going on at the very top of the fraternity. I left the Masons after reading some of Albert Pike's writings. It was nothing I wanted to be involved with. He was a big believer in the "New World Order", and that Lucifer should be worshipped for bringing us knowledge. It's all laid out in his book "Morals and Dogma", which happened to be in the Masonic Library at my lodge.

If Israel rebuilds the Temple of Solomon, and the Pope introduces the Anti-Christ, I think that will be what is required to start of the Biblical Tribulation, and all the catastrophe's that come with it. If the Israeli's demolish the Dome of the Rock in order to rebuild the Temple, that could well set off the battle of Armageddon, or World War III. Palestinians are accusing the Israelis of pouring acid under the foundation of the Dome of the Rock, in order to dissolve the rock underneath it and cause it to collapse. If that mosque falls, then all hell is going to break loose, Israel will be blamed no matter what brings it down, earthquake or stray bomb or whatever.

Part of the Biblical destruction prophesized could be from what scientists are expecting; the actual North and South poles to move, the crust of the Earth will slide over the molten core, and the north and south poles will be in new locations, which will cause all kinds of destruction with some land masses rising from the ocean, and others sinking. Places that survive will find themselves in new climates, depending where they end up. The scientists say this happens about every 13,000 years, and the last one was some 13,000 years ago, so they believe we are due for another change. The magnetic poles are already moving around. I think the magnetic north pole is now 10 degrees or more off center from the north pole. It is moving out of northern Canada, and heading towards Russia at around 50 miles a year. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Magnetic_Pole
You may consider this all tin foil hat stuff, some of it may be, but the pole shift is a very real possibility that is pretty well documented. Much of the other I guess depends if you believe the Bible or not. And very many have studied the Prophecy of St. Malachy, and verified that the vast majority of the Prophecy has been right on.
Some think Obama will fake an assassination, And will miraculously rise from the "dead". Now that is definitively Tin Foil Hat stuff for now. I just mention it because many are already accusing Obama of being the Anti-Christ.

getsome
11-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Wow that's pretty heavy stuff right there, hope I get to leave this place before all that junk kicks off....

I'm not Catholic but I think this Pope seems to be a down to earth, get with the common people kind of guy and I like that....

He has a great hat too!!!

muggsy
11-07-2013, 01:50 PM
I'm not an authority on the Bible, but I think that somewhere in the bible it says that no man knows the end time. I have a tendency to believe the word of God. The pope seems like a cool dude. I like him.

TheTman
11-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Some are predicting that much of stuff I talked about will be happening by 2018. But people have been expecting the 2nd coming at various times and it hasn't happened yet, so who knows. There was a big scare at the end of the first Millenium, and Y2K. And various other times.
But if you go strictly by the Bibical prophecies, almost everything is in place, except for Temple being rebuilt, the Anti-Christ appearing, and the Roman Empire has to be re-established (the EU?).

Edgar Cayce also warned of catastrophic changes to the Earth in the early part of this century. You Tube is full of videos telling what all he says will happen. None of it sounds very pleasant. Edgar Cayce is well known for being very accurate in his predictions.

getsome
11-07-2013, 02:21 PM
If all this stuff starts happening I hope I'm the first one to go cause like Ron White says about being in a plane crash "Hit something hard, I don't want to limp away from this flaming POS"

Bawanna
11-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Take me now Lord, I'm ready anytime. I have a meeting in 8 minutes. A dozen violets and me. A slow painful death by violet is not my first choice of going.

I always dreamed of being shot in the back by a jealous 24 year old dude while I was in the sack with his girlfriend. I don't see that happening either.

jocko
11-07-2013, 02:41 PM
wow, ur kinda of a sick individual colonel "sleeping with anutter mans girl"

I do like ur style though. Just sayin

Bawanna
11-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Well I survived an hour and 32 minute meeting in which I heard nothing I needed to hear, heard nothing that applies to me and had to listen to violet chatter continuously. My favorite line was the admin director for the third time saying she's not gonna be here forever!

I went to school with her, she was stoopid then and she's stooopid now.

The highlight is that so far, for the first time in 3 meetings I didn't get a written verbal warning about rude comments or hand gestures.
Course the day ain't over yet.

Hour and 32 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

jocko
11-07-2013, 04:17 PM
u darn well better hope those violets never read kahr talk. I can ship u some of my meds but I would rather hand deliver themn to you behind Buds home for wayward girls, which is just across the street from Aunt Betty's whore house and I know u know where that is. If u see ay Blue Ice on the roads in ur area--well u know..

John222
11-07-2013, 04:20 PM
According to the prophecy of St. Malachy, an Irish Saint, that while visiting the Vatican had a vision of all the future popes, along with a latin phrase to describe them. Pope Benedict the 16th, was the Glory of the Olives, which they attribute to him being the head of the Olivetan order. The current Pope is the last pope in the prophecy, and his phrase is Petrus Romanus, or Peter the Roman. His name does have Peter in it and his family is Italian. He is said to be the Pope that ushers in the Anti-Christ, and witnesses the destruction of the "city of seven hills", some think that is Rome, others Jerusalem. Many have studied the prophecy, and say it has been at the very least 80 percent accurate. I'm not ragging on Catholics, as they are as far removed from the Vatican's goings on, as we are from what goes on in the White House. And like the Masons, most don't know what is going on at the very top of the fraternity. I left the Masons after reading some of Albert Pike's writings. It was nothing I wanted to be involved with. He was a big believer in the "New World Order", and that Lucifer should be worshipped for bringing us knowledge. It's all laid out in his book "Morals and Dogma", which happened to be in the Masonic Library at my lodge.

If Israel rebuilds the Temple of Solomon, and the Pope introduces the Anti-Christ, I think that will be what is required to start of the Biblical Tribulation, and all the catastrophe's that come with it. If the Israeli's demolish the Dome of the Rock in order to rebuild the Temple, that could well set off the battle of Armageddon, or World War III. Palestinians are accusing the Israelis of pouring acid under the foundation of the Dome of the Rock, in order to dissolve the rock underneath it and cause it to collapse. If that mosque falls, then all hell is going to break loose, Israel will be blamed no matter what brings it down, earthquake or stray bomb or whatever.

Part of the Biblical destruction prophesized could be from what scientists are expecting; the actual North and South poles to move, the crust of the Earth will slide over the molten core, and the north and south poles will be in new locations, which will cause all kinds of destruction with some land masses rising from the ocean, and others sinking. Places that survive will find themselves in new climates, depending where they end up. The scientists say this happens about every 13,000 years, and the last one was some 13,000 years ago, so they believe we are due for another change. The magnetic poles are already moving around. I think the magnetic north pole is now 10 degrees or more off center from the north pole. It is moving out of northern Canada, and heading towards Russia at around 50 miles a year. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Magnetic_Pole
You may consider this all tin foil hat stuff, some of it may be, but the pole shift is a very real possibility that is pretty well documented. Much of the other I guess depends if you believe the Bible or not. And very many have studied the Prophecy of St. Malachy, and verified that the vast majority of the Prophecy has been right on.
Some think Obama will fake an assassination, And will miraculously rise from the "dead". Now that is definitively Tin Foil Hat stuff for now. I just mention it because many are already accusing Obama of being the Anti-Christ.

Sounds like a bunch of Malarkey to me !

Pulpit Pistol
11-07-2013, 04:34 PM
My question is: does he shoot a Beretta, or a Kahr?

jocko
11-07-2013, 04:54 PM
In Italy u shoot a Beretta. Just sayin

TheTman
11-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Makes me no difference what you believe. I hope it IS marlarkey. Otherwise life is gonna get real messed up. But, pole shifts do happen, look it up.

Tinman507
11-07-2013, 05:38 PM
I love the fact that Pope Francis is a down to earth people's kind of man. He's certainly shaken the old guard in the Vatican to their core. He's eschewing all the regal trappings of the office and thinking about the poor and less fortunate of the world. That's a good thing, right?

Watch very carefully how much pressure will be put on the US from pulpits all over the country to approve amnesty for illegals. THAT is also one of Pope Francis' desires. And the priests and bishops all have their marching orders to promote amnesty. The motivations are the same as the Democrats. The majority of the illegals are Roman Catholic. If they're all allowed into the US, guess who benefits? The Church.

jocko
11-07-2013, 05:51 PM
I truly believe Tinman that is not behind the Popes motives.

The first Pope of the Americas Jorge Mario Bergoglio hails from Argentina. The 76-year-old Jesuit Archbishop of Buenos Aires is a prominent figure throughout the continent, yet remains a simple pastor who is deeply loved by his diocese, throughout which he has travelled extensively on the underground and by bus during the 15 years of his episcopal ministry.

“My people are poor and I am one of them”, he has said more than once, explaining his decision to live in an apartment and cook his own supper. He has always advised his priests to show mercy and apostolic courage and to keep their doors open to everyone. The worst thing that could happen to the Church, he has said on various occasions, “is what de Lubac called spiritual worldliness”, which means, “being self-centred”. And when he speaks of social justice, he calls people first of all to pick up the Catechism, to rediscover the Ten Commandments and the Beatitudes. His project is simple: if you follow Christ, you understand that “trampling upon a person’s dignity is a serious sin”.

Despite his reserved character — his official biography consists of only a few lines, at least until his appointment as Archbishop of Buenos Aires — he became a reference point because of the strong stances he took during the dramatic financial crisis that overwhelmed the country in 2001.

He was born in Buenos Aires on 17 December 1936, the son of Italian immigrants. His father Mario was an accountant employed by the railways and his mother Regina Sivori was a committed wife dedicated to raising their five children. He graduated as a chemical technician and then chose the path of the priesthood, entering the Diocesan Seminary of Villa Devoto. On 11 March 1958 he entered the novitiate of the Society of Jesus. He completed his studies of the humanities in Chile and returned to Argentina in 1963 to graduate with a degree in philosophy from the Colegio de San José in San Miguel. From 1964 to 1965 he taught literature and psychology at Immaculate Conception College in Santa Fé and in 1966 he taught the same subject at the Colegio del Salvatore in Buenos Aires. From 1967-70 he studied theology and obtained a degree from the Colegio of San José.

On 13 December 1969 he was ordained a priest by Archbishop Ramón José Castellano. He continued his training between 1970 and 1971 at the University of Alcalá de Henares, Spain, and on 22 April 1973 made his final profession with the Jesuits. Back in Argentina, he was novice master at Villa Barilari, San Miguel; professor at the Faculty of Theology of San Miguel; consultor to the Province of the Society of Jesus and also Rector of the Colegio Máximo of the Faculty of Philosophy and Theology.

On 31 July 1973 he was appointed Provincial of the Jesuits in Argentina, an office he held for six years. He then resumed his work in the university sector and from 1980 to 1986 served once again as Rector of the Colegio de San José, as well as parish priest, again in San Miguel. In March 1986 he went to Germany to finish his doctoral thesis; his superiors then sent him to the Colegio del Salvador in Buenos Aires and next to the Jesuit Church in the city of Córdoba as spiritual director and confessor.

It was Cardinal Antonio Quarracino, Archbishop of Buenos Aires, who wanted him as a close collaborator. So, on 20 May 1992 Pope John Paul II appointed him titular Bishop of Auca and Auxiliary of Buenos Aires. On 27 May he received episcopal ordination from the Cardinal in the cathedral. He chose as his episcopal motto, miserando atque eligendo, and on his coat of arms inserted the ihs, the symbol of the Society of Jesus.

He gave his first interview as a bishop to a parish newsletter, Estrellita de Belém. He was immediately appointed Episcopal Vicar of the Flores district and on 21 December 1993 was also entrusted with the office of Vicar General of the Archdiocese. Thus it came as no surprise when, on 3 June 1997, he was raised to the dignity of Coadjutor Archbishop of Buenos Aires. Not even nine months had passed when, upon the death of Cardinal Quarracino, he succeeded him on 28 February 1998, as Archbishop, Primate of Argentina and Ordinary for Eastern-rite faithful in Argentina who have no Ordinary of their own rite.

Three years later at the Consistory of 21 February 2001, John Paul ii created him Cardinal, assigning him the title of San Roberto Bellarmino. He asked the faithful not to come to Rome to celebrate his creation as Cardinal but rather to donate to the poor what they would have spent on the journey. As Grand Chancellor of the Catholic University of Argentina, he is the author of the books: Meditaciones para religiosos (1982), Reflexiones sobre la vida apostólica (1992) and Reflexiones de esperanza (1992).

In October 2001 he was appointed General Relator to the 10th Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops on the Episcopal Ministry. This task was entrusted to him at the last minute to replace Cardinal Edward Michael Egan, Archbishop of New York, who was obliged to stay in his homeland because of the terrorist attacks on September 11th. At the Synod he placed particular emphasis on “the prophetic mission of the bishop”, his being a “prophet of justice”, his duty to “preach ceaselessly” the social doctrine of the Church and also “to express an authentic judgement in matters of faith and morals”.

All the while Cardinal Bergoglio was becoming ever more popular in Latin America. Despite this, he never relaxed his sober approach or his strict lifestyle, which some have defined as almost “ascetic”. In this spirit of poverty, he declined to be appointed as President of the Argentine Bishops’ Conference in 2002, but three years later he was elected and then, in 2008, reconfirmed for a further three-year mandate. Meanwhile in April 2005 he took part in the Conclave in which Pope Benedict XVI was elected.

As Archbishop of Buenos Aires — a diocese with more than three million inhabitants — he conceived of a missionary project based on communion and evangelization. He had four main goals: open and brotherly communities, an informed laity playing a lead role, evangelization efforts addressed to every inhabitant of the city, and assistance to the poor and the sick. He aimed to reevangelize Buenos Aires, “taking into account those who live there, its structure and its history”. He asked priests and lay people to work together. In September 2009 he launched the solidarity campaign for the bicentenary of the Independence of the country. Two hundred charitable agencies are to be set up by 2016. And on a continental scale, he expected much from the impact of the message of the Aparecida Conference in 2007, to the point of describing it as the “Evangelii Nuntiandi of Latin America”.

Until the beginning of the recent sede vacante, he was a member of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, the Congregation for the Clergy, the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life, the Pontifical Council for the Family and the Pontifical Commission for Latin America.

He was elected Supreme Pontiff on 13 March 2013. Just sayin

Tinman507
11-07-2013, 05:54 PM
Never forget one basic fact: The Catholic Church is a business first and everything else second.

Full Disclosure: I am a practicing Catholic and have several fundamental differences with the Church. This is one of them.

jocko
11-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Never forget one basic fact: The Catholic Church is a business first and everything else second.

Full Disclosure: I am a practicing Catholic and have several fundamental differences with the Church. This is one of them.

was born, raised as a Catholic, attened Catholic grade school for 8 years with NUNS. I have some difference also, Damn that is normal with everything. I have some difference with this forum to.

All churchs,religions are a business. Look around u don't see a ioutta of new catholic churchs being built like u do Methodists or Protestant churchs. Tell me they are not a business:amflag:

The first Pope of the Americas Jorge Mario Bergoglio hails from Argentina. The 76-year-old Jesuit Archbishop of Buenos Aires is a prominent figure throughout the continent, yet remains a simple pastor who is deeply loved by his diocese, throughout which he has travelled extensively on the underground and by bus during the 15 years of his episcopal ministry.

“My people are poor and I am one of them”, he has said more than once, explaining his decision to live in an apartment and cook his own supper. He has always advised his priests to show mercy and apostolic courage and to keep their doors open to everyone. The worst thing that could happen to the Church, he has said on various occasions, “is what de Lubac called spiritual worldliness”, which means, “being self-centred”. And when he speaks of social justice, he calls people first of all to pick up the Catechism, to rediscover the Ten Commandments and the Beatitudes. His project is simple: if you follow Christ, you understand that “trampling upon a person’s dignity is a serious sin”.

Despite his reserved character — his official biography consists of only a few lines, at least until his appointment as Archbishop of Buenos Aires — he became a reference point because of the strong stances he took during the dramatic financial crisis that overwhelmed the country in 2001.

He was born in Buenos Aires on 17 December 1936, the son of Italian immigrants. His father Mario was an accountant employed by the railways and his mother Regina Sivori was a committed wife dedicated to raising their five children. He graduated as a chemical technician and then chose the path of the priesthood, entering the Diocesan Seminary of Villa Devoto. On 11 March 1958 he entered the novitiate of the Society of Jesus. He completed his studies of the humanities in Chile and returned to Argentina in 1963 to graduate with a degree in philosophy from the Colegio de San José in San Miguel. From 1964 to 1965 he taught literature and psychology at Immaculate Conception College in Santa Fé and in 1966 he taught the same subject at the Colegio del Salvatore in Buenos Aires. From 1967-70 he studied theology and obtained a degree from the Colegio of San José.

On 13 December 1969 he was ordained a priest by Archbishop Ramón José Castellano. He continued his training between 1970 and 1971 at the University of Alcalá de Henares, Spain, and on 22 April 1973 made his final profession with the Jesuits. Back in Argentina, he was novice master at Villa Barilari, San Miguel; professor at the Faculty of Theology of San Miguel; consultor to the Province of the Society of Jesus and also Rector of the Colegio Máximo of the Faculty of Philosophy and Theology.

On 31 July 1973 he was appointed Provincial of the Jesuits in Argentina, an office he held for six years. He then resumed his work in the university sector and from 1980 to 1986 served once again as Rector of the Colegio de San José, as well as parish priest, again in San Miguel. In March 1986 he went to Germany to finish his doctoral thesis; his superiors then sent him to the Colegio del Salvador in Buenos Aires and next to the Jesuit Church in the city of Córdoba as spiritual director and confessor.

It was Cardinal Antonio Quarracino, Archbishop of Buenos Aires, who wanted him as a close collaborator. So, on 20 May 1992 Pope John Paul II appointed him titular Bishop of Auca and Auxiliary of Buenos Aires. On 27 May he received episcopal ordination from the Cardinal in the cathedral. He chose as his episcopal motto, miserando atque eligendo, and on his coat of arms inserted the ihs, the symbol of the Society of Jesus.

He gave his first interview as a bishop to a parish newsletter, Estrellita de Belém. He was immediately appointed Episcopal Vicar of the Flores district and on 21 December 1993 was also entrusted with the office of Vicar General of the Archdiocese. Thus it came as no surprise when, on 3 June 1997, he was raised to the dignity of Coadjutor Archbishop of Buenos Aires. Not even nine months had passed when, upon the death of Cardinal Quarracino, he succeeded him on 28 February 1998, as Archbishop, Primate of Argentina and Ordinary for Eastern-rite faithful in Argentina who have no Ordinary of their own rite.

Three years later at the Consistory of 21 February 2001, John Paul ii created him Cardinal, assigning him the title of San Roberto Bellarmino. He asked the faithful not to come to Rome to celebrate his creation as Cardinal but rather to donate to the poor what they would have spent on the journey. As Grand Chancellor of the Catholic University of Argentina, he is the author of the books: Meditaciones para religiosos (1982), Reflexiones sobre la vida apostólica (1992) and Reflexiones de esperanza (1992).

In October 2001 he was appointed General Relator to the 10th Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops on the Episcopal Ministry. This task was entrusted to him at the last minute to replace Cardinal Edward Michael Egan, Archbishop of New York, who was obliged to stay in his homeland because of the terrorist attacks on September 11th. At the Synod he placed particular emphasis on “the prophetic mission of the bishop”, his being a “prophet of justice”, his duty to “preach ceaselessly” the social doctrine of the Church and also “to express an authentic judgement in matters of faith and morals”.

All the while Cardinal Bergoglio was becoming ever more popular in Latin America. Despite this, he never relaxed his sober approach or his strict lifestyle, which some have defined as almost “ascetic”. In this spirit of poverty, he declined to be appointed as President of the Argentine Bishops’ Conference in 2002, but three years later he was elected and then, in 2008, reconfirmed for a further three-year mandate. Meanwhile in April 2005 he took part in the Conclave in which Pope Benedict XVI was elected.

As Archbishop of Buenos Aires — a diocese with more than three million inhabitants — he conceived of a missionary project based on communion and evangelization. He had four main goals: open and brotherly communities, an informed laity playing a lead role, evangelization efforts addressed to every inhabitant of the city, and assistance to the poor and the sick. He aimed to reevangelize Buenos Aires, “taking into account those who live there, its structure and its history”. He asked priests and lay people to work together. In September 2009 he launched the solidarity campaign for the bicentenary of the Independence of the country. Two hundred charitable agencies are to be set up by 2016. And on a continental scale, he expected much from the impact of the message of the Aparecida Conference in 2007, to the point of describing it as the “Evangelii Nuntiandi of Latin America”.

Until the beginning of the recent sede vacante, he was a member of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, the Congregation for the Clergy, the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life, the Pontifical Council for the Family and the Pontifical Commission for Latin America.

He was elected Supreme Pontiff on 13 March 2013.

Bawanna
11-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Probably shocking news to all but I was born and raised a Catholic also with nun school until 5th or 6th grade. To this day they scare the hell out of me.
I was a devout church goer until about age 16 or so.

After 4 Sunday's where the priest spent 50 minutes talking about the collection plate, needing a new roof on his house and the nun's needing a better car and 5 minutes talking religion, I hung up the church going.

Armybrat
11-07-2013, 08:12 PM
I did 9 years hard time in Catholic schools, that was enough.
Am still a believer, just not a joiner.

Mrs. Brat is a devout Catholic, and I admire her for her faith.

muggsy
11-07-2013, 08:24 PM
There are many paths to His door. Take one and follow it.

muggsy
11-07-2013, 08:40 PM
Sounds like a bunch of Malarkey to me !

The poles are constantly shifting. That's why we sailors have to keep updating our charts. One day Polaris will no longer be the North Star, but I don't think that we have to worry about shifting poles causing any sudden massive damage. If the poles completely reversed it would mess up animal migrations especially for the birds and the bees. We sailors know all about the birds and bees. Any port in a storm. :)

TheTman
11-08-2013, 12:27 AM
Some scientists are talking about the actual poles shifting in location at the surface of the Earth, not the magnetic ones that move around constantly. Some scientists suggest that the weight of the ice buildup at the poles eventually causes the outer crust of the Earth, to slide over the molten inner core, so that the ice ends up near the equator. The poles don't actually shift, in relation to the Earths core, but the crust shifts and the poles end up in a different spot on the crust. All that sliding around plays hell with the geography though, large regions sink, others rise from the ocean, new mountains are made. Some folks will live and repopulate the new land.
The magnetic poles also shift, so that magnetic North would be near the South pole but this takes much longer and happens less frequently according to NASA.
And does not cause the chaos that a physical pole shift would.
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012-poleReversal.html

As with any scientific theory, there are differences of opinion, some say it will happen, others say nothing to worry about. I say nothing to worry about, even if it happens, what can you do about it?

This rock we live on they say is 4 billion years old at least. We have records going back to maybe 6000 years ago, 4000bc. Civilizations could have come and gone in the years before that. Maybe 7000 years ago Atlantis blew it's self up, or something. And 20,000 years before that, some other civilization rose and got wiped out. That might explain some of the weird things that have been found in archaeological digs. The Earth goes through a lot of changes, and we may be close to a major one. Or hell some big rock could fall out of the sky and take most of us out.
I say make piece with yourself, your Higher Power, make amends as needed, and tell loved ones that you love them as often as possible, and be ready for the grand finale, whatever happens, and when nothing happens, you're already in good shape for dealing with the day to day stuff.

John222
11-08-2013, 04:37 AM
The poles are constantly shifting. That's why we sailors have to keep updating our charts. One day Polaris will no longer be the North Star, but I don't think that we have to worry about shifting poles causing any sudden massive damage. If the poles completely reversed it would mess up animal migrations especially for the birds and the bees. We sailors know all about the birds and bees. Any port in a storm. :)

I'll worry about that in about a billion years.

MikeyKahr
11-08-2013, 05:26 AM

There is only one path I know of, through the life, death and resurrection of the Son of God, Jesus Christ. " For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." (1 Timothy 2:5) Only trustworthy path to follow.

olympicmotorcars
11-08-2013, 08:22 PM
There is only one path I know of, through the life, death and resurrection of the Son of God, Jesus Christ. " For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." (1 Timothy 2:5) Only trustworthy path to follow.

Amen

knkali
11-08-2013, 08:35 PM

Wow just when I think I have figured out Muggs he comes up with some eclectic sheet. I did it. Fukk'n A

addictedhealer
11-08-2013, 09:31 PM
I like him, but then again I don't follow one religion. I like Catholics but was raised Christian. Also like Buddhism. They are all one in the same in my book. I believe in doing right and treating people with respect and love regardless of religion.

I think it's nice Francis is teaching the nutsoreligiousblowhards to LOVE and not to discriminate. He sees the Catholics and Christians alike picking their battles. It isn't about a battle it's about the gospel.

JimC
11-09-2013, 04:44 AM
Short and to the point. I don't care for discussing religion on a public forum however...
I was born and raised a Catholic but for the past couple of decades I consider myself a non-practicing Catholic due to my differences with the Catholic church and God himself.
That being said, I like the new Pope. I see him as a breath of fresh air who has a true sense of independence when dealing with the common people. I think he will be good for the Catholic church and the Catholic followers.

John222
11-09-2013, 06:38 AM
I'm just happy he's not a knuckle head like the last two popes. I was raised catholic, but I'm agnostic now. More and more I believe organized religion is dangerous.

muggsy
11-09-2013, 07:44 AM
By many paths I think He meant Catholic, Lutheran, Presbyterian, etc. The Jews were his chosen people, so they already have an in. I thought about converting once, but I draw the line at circumcision. I've also heard that it's Ok for a priest to date a nun occasionally, but that he shouldn't get into the habit. Any truth to that? A curious mind wants to know.

Redneck
11-09-2013, 08:43 AM
The new Pope's brother was a Seventh Day Adventist. The family banished him and never spoke to him again. When the mother died the now Pope wouldn't allow the brother to attend the funeral.

muggsy
11-10-2013, 02:12 PM
The new Pope's brother was a Seventh Day Adventist. The family banished him and never spoke to him again. When the mother died the now Pope wouldn't allow the brother to attend the funeral.

There is absolutely no truth to that rumor.

jocko
11-10-2013, 02:19 PM
I am not sure there is anything worse than talking/knocking/ religion. Politicvs is bad enough, but I do think when we get into religion, it is a personal thing and should be left at that. IMO u prove nuttin by knocking ANY religion and sometimes we even tend to show our ignorance when we do that to. Just sayin

Tinman507
11-10-2013, 03:20 PM
+1 on that. No winners, only hurt feelings.

RRP
11-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Wise words, Jocko, wise words.

BucketBack
11-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Why can we talk about this religion but knot another off limits one. And not Moose Limbs either.

JohnR
12-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Limbaugh calls Pope Marxist http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/12/02/rush-limbaugh-vs-the-pope/

jocko
12-02-2013, 01:57 PM
sure would not by what Rush says either. He is a media person, ...