PDA

View Full Version : cw9 trigger group

WEPSPEC
05-14-2010, 12:36 PM
has anyone been able to locate instructions on trigger group teardown. i have one that is having a problem with trigger return and reengage of the sear. i can not tell if it is gummed up or has a damaged spring. it will work if manually returned forward but will not return on its own without a nudge.

recoilguy
05-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Did you look on youtube......i would be willing to bet you can find it there. You Tube is blocked on this computer but I can't believe you won't find detailed instructions there. I have a Ruger SR9 and I put a ghost trigger bar in it. I was going to take it to the gunsmith because it just looked too hard. I went to you tube watched an 8 minute video......then restarted and went right along with the video stopping it when I was slower then the video. Took it all down, cleaned and oiled the entire iner workings of the weapon replaced the stock trigger bar with a new Ghost Ultimate and had it back together in 20 minutes.

Very cool!!

RCG

WEPSPEC
05-14-2010, 03:55 PM
I DID LOOK THERE. I HAD THE SAME THOUGHT. The only thing i found was for the P series and only for the slide.

Good idea though

jocko
05-14-2010, 04:04 PM
has anyone been able to locate instructions on trigger group teardown. i have one that is having a problem with trigger return and reengage of the sear. i can not tell if it is gummed up or has a damaged spring. it will work if manually returned forward but will not return on its own without a nudge.

in the trigger group that is causing it. You have a bad trigger bar and it needs to go back to kahr, It isn't gummed up in that area at all. You cvan spray clean that area perfectly. I can tell you that it is not in the front trigger area. A out of spec trigger bar will cause exactly what you are having. I would call kahr and talk to IAN and explain the situation. I do think they will want it bacl..

Bawanna
05-14-2010, 04:04 PM
I think I'd be tempted to try some brake cleaner or gun scrubber and flush it all out. Blow if off with a compressor and spray some oil, see if things loosen up before going for a dissasemble. Should be able to see most of the workings in the bottom end, CW???? yup grips. ?Should be able to see with the grips off.
I do seem to recall a lower end take down around here but it might have been a P series also.

WEPSPEC
05-14-2010, 11:06 PM
I will see if i can get some kind of cleaner inside,,, the grips do not come off, it is one piece poly frame with only a very small access cover over the mechanism that does not want to come off. It has a pin of sorts that appears to be molded into the cover and nothing is coming open. That is the problem???

jocko
05-15-2010, 05:11 AM
I will see if i can get some kind of cleaner inside,,, the grips do not come off, it is one piece poly frame with only a very small access cover over the mechanism that does not want to come off. It has a pin of sorts that appears to be molded into the cover and nothing is coming open. That is the problem???

to see if that pin comes through on the other side of the frame. It should show a very very small protrusion on the left side of the frame. A smalll punch will move that pin right out enough for you to then pullit allthe way out with a pair of pliers. Go slowlly. It might look like a small bump on that left side,k but that is the other side of that pin. On the new models todaty they use a torx screw to hold that cover in place. Again, IMO not really a need to take that cover off, asyou can spray clean everything from the top of the grip witht he slide off. The only reason that side panel is there is so kahr can put the trigger bar on thegun and get to the cocking cam. Best leave it alone if possable ..

Michael W.
05-15-2010, 07:36 AM

How old is your CW9 and how many rounds have you run through it?

I shot my CW40 yesterday for the first time and it was exhibiting the
exact same behavior. If I pulled the trigger through then let it "snap"
back out it would reset. But if I let the trigger back out under controlled
tension it would seem to hang just shy of reset. I could nudge it from the
back and it would reset or I could pull the slack trigger a couple of times
and it would reset. I thought it might have been a bent or out of spec
trigger bar but here's the thing....after 150 rounds or so it stopped
doing it and now the trigger resets perfectly just like my other Kahrs.

I've tried to induce this reset issue and can't. So in my case I think it
was a "wear in" issue.

Michael-

WEPSPEC
05-15-2010, 11:45 AM
the gun has had several hundred rounds thru it. it is a few years old and has been used as an offduty carry gun only recently.

jocko
05-15-2010, 11:53 AM
the gun has had several hundred rounds thru it. it is a few years old and has been used as an offduty carry gun only recently.

would do what some suggested. Give this gun a through cleaning, especially around the cocking cam area and the front trigger housing also. Might just be some dried grease or something that is hanging up. Being the gun is a few years old, I have doubts i8f the trigger bar is out of spec. They normally don't just go out of spec, they are made out of spec and should be an issue from the git go..

If that does not solve it, then IMO you have a bad trigger bar...It's all about timing with these semi's If the slightest thing is out of time, i.e. slide not fully going into battery etc and sometimes one cannot even see that . then the trigger system will cease to work like it should. This can all be caused by possably a gunky ass gun do. For sure spray clean that striker channel area and u can spray cleanit from that little cleanout hole on the bottom of the slide. Kahr tech secion under PROPER PREPPING OFYOUR NEW KAHR will show you where and how to clean that area without disasembly.

Please do keep this forum informed if u will, we always learn something different...