PDA

View Full Version : P380 Video

G26ster
05-16-2010, 05:40 PM
For those of you unfamiliar with Hickok45, he is an easy going gun nut that has his own range on property, and provides the most unbiased reviews of weapons. Most Glock fans know him, as he is partial to Glocks, but if you peruse his YouTube site, you can see he shoots everything!

In this video, he shoots the P380 and gives his usual personal opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UERZBUqi7T0&feature=digest

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UERZBUqi7T0&feature=digest)
I have been thinking of getting one, and this may push me over the edge :D

If you're like me, just plain enamored with guns, then I urge you to watch as many of his videos that may interest you.

kahrseye
05-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Cool video. I've seen him in others before, and I'd bet he can shoot the eyes out of a gnat at 100 yards. That guy can shoot. But the P380 looked pretty accurate. If I was to get another .380 I'd buy a Kahr. But I have the PM9 and I carry that all the time.....except when I carry the PM45.

hsart
05-16-2010, 07:40 PM
For those of you unfamiliar with Hickok45, he is an easy going gun nut that has his own range on property, and provides the most unbiased reviews of weapons. Most Glock fans know him, as he is partial to Glocks, but if you peruse his YouTube site, you can see he shoots everything!

In this video, he shoots the P380 and gives his usual personal opinion.

YouTube - Kahr P380 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UERZBUqi7T0&feature=digest)

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UERZBUqi7T0&feature=digest)
I have been thinking of getting one, and this may push me over the edge :D

If you're like me, just plain enamored with guns, then I urge you to watch as many of his videos that may interest you.
Thanks... always great to see video review. He seems to be one of the better reviewers out there on video.

jocko
05-17-2010, 04:27 AM
Cool video. I've seen him in others before, and I'd bet he can shoot the eyes out of a gnat at 100 yards. That guy can shoot. But the P380 looked pretty accurate. If I was to get another .380 I'd buy a Kahr. But I have the PM9 and I carry that all the time.....except when I carry the PM45.

the P380 is the most accurate 380 I have ever shot and I have owned alot of 380's. My kt were worthless, My lcp, not much better I expected no more fromthe kahr 380 but I was so so surprised. It just shoots better than any 380 I have ever shot. Feels so good in the hand also, u know like quality over what ever.

It is a small sucker to be sure, not sure how kahr squeezed all those bells and whistles in this small of a gun but they work great, they shoot so accurate and oh yes those sights are awesome andyou can upgrade to xs big dots even.

I just don't carry my P380 hardly at all, as my PM9 just seems togo the same places with ease but if your after a 380 I can't say enough about the kahr 380. Nothing in its class. Not cheap but neither is life..

cgo99
05-17-2010, 04:34 AM
I started watching him yesterday, somebody in the forum had a link to his website and your absolutely right the reviews seem pretty honest and without pretense. I'm going to start following his reviews.

kahrseye
05-17-2010, 02:13 PM
I used to pocket carry a .380 (last one was a Sig P238). That was the best one I could find until I found my PM9. With the cost and lack of availablility of the .380 not to mention the higher power of the 9mm, I sold my last .380. The PM9 is about the same size as the Sig and a whole lot more powerful. I haven't looked back.

G26ster
05-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Looks like I'm on the verge of springing for a P380 for summer carry. Sorry, but I just can't make my PM9 work in my pocket. I seem to be getting smaller with age :confused: and my pockets are just slightly too small to fully accommodate the PM9 with ease. That, plus the 20 oz. loaded weight makes it very nearly the same as my Glock 26. I carry the G26 IWB in winter, but I do not want to carry IWB in summer. I like T-shirts as outer garments in summer and IWB puts the holster next to my skin and sweat, and I look stupid in loud Hawaiian shirts :eek: (No offense to Hawaiians, or loud Hawaiian shirt afficionados :yo:)

So can someone confirm that the P380 is about 12oz. loaded? And, is it significantly smaller in the pocket than the PM9? Stats show it .7" shorter and .4" less in height. If so, should work well for me.

Just doing a bit more looking before I leap.

Michael W.
05-25-2010, 09:19 AM
Looks like I'm on the verge of springing for a P380 for summer carry. Sorry, but I just can't make my PM9 work in my pocket. I seem to be getting smaller with age :confused: and my pockets are just slightly too small to fully accommodate the PM9 with ease. That, plus the 20 oz. loaded weight makes it very nearly the same as my Glock 26. I carry the G26 IWB in winter, but I do not want to carry IWB in summer. I like T-shirts as outer garments in summer and IWB puts the holster next to my skin and sweat, and I look stupid in loud Hawaiian shirts :eek: (No offense to Hawaiians, or loud Hawaiian shirt afficionados :yo:)

So can someone confirm that the P380 is about 12oz. loaded? And, is it significantly smaller in the pocket than the PM9? Stats show it .7" shorter and .4" less in height. If so, should work well for me.

Just doing a bit more looking before I leap.

G26, not trying to dissuade you from the P380, it's a sweet little gun
and if I were to dabble in 380 again thats the gun I'd want.

But difference in ounces alone between loaded PM9 and G26 isn't the
the biggest factor for me. I've been carrying a G26 IWB for 5-6 years.
What makes the PM9 work for me is the overall package size and thinness.
I have to admit, when I first started pocket carrying the PM9 I was
a little worried because it was bigger and thicker than my LCP that it
replaced. I felt really self conscious about it. But now that I've persisted
carrying it for the past few weeks in a Nemesis I kind of forgot about it
after getting acclimated to the new size and weight.

Now the irony is that I went through the exact same process when I first
got my LCP...arguable the smallest, thinnest .380 out there. When I first
started carrying it I could have sworn everyone was staring at my pocket
thinking...."Hmmmm....he's got a gun...!" Heh.

My point is, I had to get over the self consciousness of carrying either weapon regardless of size.

I would definitely recommend going into a store and actually
pocketing the P380 with pocket holster and see just how much difference
it really makes before giving up on the considerably more potent
9mm chambering.

Having said all that, I do "get" the appeal of the P380....I catching myself
lusting for one if for nothing else than to round out my "PM" collection:)
But seriously, I can see application for both guns depending on situation and
dress. For instance, when I wear a suit...the material is so thin on my pants
that while the PM9 may not "print" it kind of slams into my leg
while walking. My LCP did this a lot less.

Michael-

G26ster
05-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Thanks Michael. For me it's not really a printing or self-conscious issue. It's mainly a weight and comfort issue. I'm definitely not one of the "I forget it's in my pocket" guys. I feel the weight all the time, and it's quite uncomfortable sitting and/or driving. I might run into the same comfort issues with the P380, so I will certainly test before I buy.

hickok45
05-31-2010, 07:02 AM
G26ster, your check is in the mail.

I wouldn't pay much attention that that Hickok45 guy; it's pretty obvious that sanity has never been his friend! :-)

cgo99
05-31-2010, 07:24 AM
G26ster, your check is in the mail.

I wouldn't pay much attention that that Hickok45 guy; it's pretty obvious that sanity has never been his friend! :-)
Hickok, I don't know if you have noticed but sanity does not have many friends on this forum. :crazy:
You should feel right at home.

hickok45
06-09-2010, 08:44 AM
By the way, for anybody who's interested, since doing this video, I've fired this gun a great deal more, testing a variety of HP ammo for an article I wrote. It sucked up every variety of hollowpoint I could lay my hands on.

As well, I fired at least another two boxes of PMC hardball through it. No problems at all. It has not malfunctioned even one time yet.

This is very important to me. Being a Glock guy, I have a really low tolerance for malfunctions. :-)

Take care!
Hickok45

jlottmc
06-09-2010, 08:46 AM
You may find you have a bit of a following here. Keep up the good work.