PDA

View Full Version : Astra 600/43

scotty_MK9
12-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Found one in bout 90% or so condition at local shop. They are holding it for me till end of month. Price is 350.00 which i thought was pretty fair.

Anyone shot or own one of these? I know spain made them for the nazis for ww2. They are defenitly different looking, thats for sure. I always thought astras were the best built of the spanish pistols. Used to have an astra cub in 22 short. Sold it and regretted it ever sinse.

TheTman
12-08-2013, 09:23 PM
I have a Star Model 30 9mm built in Spain. They did a torture test on one, and last I heard it they put 300,000 rounds through it with no major malfunctions. I imagine they had to change springs and stuff, but no major damage to the frame or slide.
I've seen them going for over $400 at gun shows.

One of the Auction sites had an Astra 600/43 bid up to $400 with less than an hour left. They Nazi's ordered a bunch, that never got delivered due to the French Resistance disrupting supply lines from Spain. Many were later used by West German Police, and many sat in a warehouse for a number of years before being released to market. If by chance it has any Nazi markings on it, it could be worth quite a bit more.

scotty_MK9
12-08-2013, 09:31 PM
TheTman

Yes i read that the ones with proof marks are worth a lot more. Not that it matters all that much to me. It would be cool to have one of those ones though just as a conversational piece. When i pick it up i will be sure to look for proof marks.

ripley16
12-09-2013, 05:41 AM
One of the few blowback 9mm that was successful, at least to a degree. "Stout" is how most people describe the recoil. These were a staple of Interarms, selling for about $20 in the 70s and 80s. Well made and reliable, the Astras are a neat addition to any pistol collection. Enjoy it.

berettabone
12-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Had an Astra .357 revolver. First handgun I owned. Shot it once, then sold it....felt like it was going to fall apart in my hands.

scotty_MK9
12-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Berettabone-

That reminds me how i have always wanted one of their 44 magnums. It was called the astra terminator. Awsome looking revolver. I think it came with a two and a half inch barrel.

It would go well with my ruger alaskan

berettabone
12-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Berettabone-

That reminds me how i have always wanted one of their 44 magnums. It was called the astra terminator. Awsome looking revolver. I think it came with a two and a half inch barrel.

It would go well with my ruger alaskan
Stick with Smith or Ruger for large calibers...........................http://kahrtalk.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

scotty_MK9
12-09-2013, 01:02 PM
Yeah well even if i found one, they are become pretty pricey because they are becomi g collectables.