PDA

View Full Version : Kahr Customer service gone downhill?

S281
12-09-2013, 12:41 PM
I have always heard how excellent Kahr Customer service was. It made me happy to hear that incase one day I needed them. Well now that I do, I don't feel that way. Apparently since Jay at Kahr has left the customer service department, I can't get the same great help everyone talked about.

My CM9 has broken a follower on a magazine. All I want is a replacement under warranty since Kahr knows this is an issue. I already fixed the feed ramp and don't expect to have any more issues. However, when I called Kahr, they want me to ship the gun back to them on my own expense. I explained there is no point since I already modified the barrel and don't expect any more issues and don't want to spend $40 in shipping for just a broken follower. The guy I spoke to told me to just buy one online, and they can't help me. Seriously? Why can't you just ship me a follower. I don't want to purchase a $5 part and then have to pay $10 shipping on it, especially since it's a known issue. Everybody on here has said how nice they were and even sent them an extra follower just incase. Ugh, I'm definitely not happy with their customer service.

Rotorflyr
12-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Try calling back and talking to someone else, seems like most companies have at least one worthless CS rep.

TheTman
12-09-2013, 01:05 PM
I always had great customer service, but that was back when Ian or Eon or however you spell it was in charge and he was great. I think I dealt with Jay once and he was good too. Never had a problem with them paying for shipping the gun to them on their dime.
I've not dealt with them in over a year, so I can't say how things are now, but they sure used to be on the ball. It would suck if that great customer service has gone down hill. I have a CM45 in mind, if they ever get produced, but if customer service has gone downhill, I may decide on something else. The CM9 was the cat's pajamas for quite awhile after it was introduced, but now we are seeing more problems crop up with them. Not as many as the P380 had for awhile at least. Probably due to more of them being sold. More pistols sold = more reported problems. I think for most people it's been pretty reliable though.

warbird1
12-09-2013, 01:09 PM
If you bought it locally you might try letting your LGS handle it. Mine did when I sent back my PM9 for repair.

Glock23
12-09-2013, 01:12 PM
I explained there is no point since I already modified the barrel and don't expect any more issues and don't want to spend $40 in shipping for just a broken follower.Probably shouldn't have told them that...

S281
12-09-2013, 01:42 PM
Probably shouldn't have told them that...

probably not, but i only told him after they werent going to do anything anyways. Plus if i did send it in, they would have noticed and rejected any warranty claims regardless.

JERRY
12-09-2013, 02:01 PM
having to speak with a certain person means that the company lacks a corporate culture of good customer service.

bad customer service reps get fired, that is if the corporate culture is about good customer service.

Bawanna
12-09-2013, 02:05 PM
I personally firmly believe that Kahr is all about customer service. We've heard of bad apples as it were in the past and they were dealt with.

A few years ago there was a guy that wouldn't do anything for anyone, thought he was saving Kahr tons of money, he was actually costing them tons and he was dealt with too.

Any body here work for a company with coworkers that are about as useless as teets on a boar hog? Sometimes they slip through the cracks for quite a long time. 6 or 7 come to mind with me of course my company isn't about customer service, so most are destined to be supervisors, some already are and others are in their own minds. Legends!

JERRY
12-09-2013, 02:34 PM
I personally firmly believe that Kahr is all about customer service. We've heard of bad apples as it were in the past and they were dealt with.

A few years ago there was a guy that wouldn't do anything for anyone, thought he was saving Kahr tons of money, he was actually costing them tons and he was dealt with too.

Any body here work for a company with coworkers that are about as useless as teets on a boar hog? Sometimes they slip through the cracks for quite a long time. 6 or 7 come to mind with me of course my company isn't about customer service, so most are destined to be supervisors, some already are and others are in their own minds. Legends!

we must work at the same place.... :P

JERRY
12-09-2013, 02:35 PM
for some reason my postings no longer accept the smilie icons on the side when I click on them....

S281
12-09-2013, 05:03 PM

we must work at the same place.... :P

Lol all three of us must work at the same place.

I'll try calling again tomorrow, hopefully I get somebody different and more helpful than the English chap I got the two times I tried today

garyb
12-09-2013, 05:18 PM
Yes...I have had bad employees and sometimes it takes time to catch them in the act, document them through the disciplinary steps and get them the hell out the door. It could be the same thing at Kahr.

I hope Kahr doesn't go down hill like many companies have. It seems that some companies try to save a buck and it costs them a business. The gun and ammo industries are tough businesses to be in these days.

warbird1
12-09-2013, 05:20 PM
for some reason my postings no longer accept the smilie icons on the side when I click on them....
I'm having the same problem.

jocko
12-09-2013, 05:22 PM
thecolonel is the man top go to. He can fix anyting... Just sayin

T0RMENT
12-09-2013, 05:36 PM
Companies have all kinds of problems that sometimes are out of their control like weather issues, supply channels, vendors falling out, etc. The one thing that is ALWAYS in their control...customer service. There is no reason not to have top notch customer service and those companies that recognize this generally perform quite well overall. Word of mouth serves a company well when they provide great customer service and not so well when they don't.

JimC
12-10-2013, 04:18 AM

I had this problem awhile back on this board.
What browser are you running?
If IE, go to the tools icon upper right corner of browser, choose compatibility view settings and add KahrTalk to the list.
This worked for me.
Good luck.

JimC
12-10-2013, 05:56 AM
IMO, I would suspect that CS at Kahr will take a down turn with the departure of Jay.

We don't know if his sending out all the replacement parts so easily and covering the return shipping on malfunctioning pistols had anything to do with his departure from CS but...

I do know that he initially balked at paying the return shipping for my PM9 back in March of this year until I asked more than once. He did tell me via email that shipping was not covered under warranty and that he would make a one time exception.

S281
12-10-2013, 07:25 AM
I ended up emailing the general service department at Kahr explaining how disappointed I was with their customer service, and received a prompt reply already early this morning apologizing and that they were sending out a couple followers ASAP. I guess it must have been luck of the draw with getting somebody that didn't want to help yesterday. It definitely helps talking to another person if you don't get the response you are looking for. Glad they made good on my request.

JimC
12-10-2013, 07:41 AM
I ended up emailing the general service department at Kahr explaining how disappointed I was with their customer service, and received a prompt reply already early this morning apologizing and that they were sending out a couple followers ASAP. I guess it must have been luck of the draw with getting somebody that didn't want to help yesterday. It definitely helps talking to another person if you don't get the response you are looking for. Glad they made good on my request.

Good to hear. :)
I've only had to call Kahr CS twice in a little over two years.
Both times I got the guy with the British(?) accent. I wasn't pleased with the way in which he did business.
Hell, I don't know, that could have been Jay for all I know! :eek:

Bawanna
12-10-2013, 09:16 AM
That would be Ion or Ian, I'm not positive on the spelling. I heard he was a good guy but haven't heard anything lately.

espresso
12-10-2013, 09:35 AM
Ian has helped me twice in the past and was great. I calmly explained my situation to him and he bent over backwards to help me.

Last year I had a broken follower on my cw9 and emailed Kahr.
Had a response and a new follower in the mail ASAP.

Just depends on who you get I guess?

Zippo Guy
12-10-2013, 09:59 AM
My only negative experience was in the last couple of months. My front sight flew off while at the range. This was a night sight that they installed a few years ago. They had me send the slide in. My first call after they had it a week was to see if they had received it. Bit of a panic when they told me there was no record of. Then they realized that it was only the slide and after about 10 minutes told me it was there and I would have it back in about two weeks. Two months later I called back to again check on it. Ended up being disconnected. It arrived in the mail the following week. Not much else to say other than I'm glad to have it back, however it now shoots WAY low at seven yards, about 8" low from a rest. Was dead on before they worked on it. Went from favorite range gun to bottom of my list, not fun to shoot like this.

Paulismydog
12-11-2013, 11:14 AM
I am having trouble getting in touch with Kahr in any way whatsoever. No replies to email or voicemail. I posted an un-constructive post earlier and I apologize for that. Tried to delete immediately but could not figure out how. Again I am sorry. Bob

CarlCyrus
12-11-2013, 07:51 PM
I'm probably the outlier here and someone will take me to task, but for a plastic follower...just order the damn thing and be done with it.

Plastic wears and cracks...I consider plastic parts part of the normal wear-and-tear of things.

FLBri
12-12-2013, 05:47 AM
I'm probably the outlier here and someone will take me to task, but for a plastic follower...just order the damn thing and be done with it.

Plastic wears and cracks...I consider plastic parts part of the normal wear-and-tear of things.

No, Carl ... that's too simple. People need an opportunity to B*tch, and than claim a principled need to hold someone else feet to the fire in the name of responsibility. Simple, practical, and definitive solutions have no place in this argument. Stop trying to be so practical! (tongue in cheek)

I have said this before ... but clarity, and politeness have gotten me amazingly effective results from Kahr service. My Kahr experiences have not all been perfect, and it does incur a bit of frustration with quality control. But though my experiences have not been perfect, all of my 6 Kahr handguns are ... some of them are so because of great service.

garyb
12-12-2013, 06:14 AM
Putting things in perspective and IMHO, it is difficult to judge a companies performance on a broken follower. Employees come and go or transition into other positions. Nothing stays the same in any company and it takes the company a bit of time to get things back to normal (so to speak). Yes, I feel for the folks that are breaking followers and Kahr needs to fix the problem before their guns go out the door. However, it's a broken follower and can be replaced inexpensively...should Kahr not be jumping through hoops for you at the moment. If I was not getting anywhere with Kahr to replace it promptly and I needed it, I would simply order a new follower and work on them some more later to replace it for you.

A broken follower does not make Kahr bad. An employee that moves on does not make Kahr bad either. Put the two of these together and you got a broken follower with their normal service rep gone and it may take the company a while to get things sorted out again. That doesn't make them bad either.

JimC
12-12-2013, 06:37 AM

This is pretty much what I did when my first follower broke. Three in all. :(
I contacted Kahr CS and got Jay...not by design but by chance.
When he told me that he would be sending a replacement out, I asked if it were possible to get two just in case. I was willing to pay but...he sent me three.
I have purchased three additional followers for inventory. ;)
Kahr CS isn't perfect but they are way ahead of some other gun manufacturers.

muggsy
12-12-2013, 06:51 AM
I recently had contact with Kahr Service and would rate them five star. My initial e-mail was acknowledged within 24 hours and the problem resolved within 24 hours. I was treated courteously and professionally. It could be that they know that I know Jocko and they didn't want to receive a horse head in the mail, but I'm more inclined to believe that they treat all of their customers that way. Yeah it could also have something to do with my charm and pleasant demeanor, but I doubt it. It's just Kahr being Kahr.

codegeek
12-12-2013, 03:37 PM
Well, I broke a follower on my CM9, and I shot the magazine guts downrange while inspecting the darn thing. Kahr replaced both my follower and all the missing parts.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 4

jocko
12-12-2013, 04:16 PM
CS goes a longway with me. When I bought my new Porsche backin 06, at 600 miles it would not start, Porsche send a closed slider truck to pick up my car, two days later they returned it fixed. No complaints from me. About a month or so later I get this check for $600 in the mailfrom Porsche USA apologizing for my inconvenience.

FASTFORWARD. I had some carbon fiber interior trim that warped on my 06 Porsche this summer, It was wqay out of warranty, so I boxe dup the bad peaces and just sent them to Porsche with a nice letter stating I paid alot of mney for these factory trim peaces and they shouldhave never warped. Porsche sent me a $1000 gift certificate to use for anything at Porsche, be it servi ce, parts or accessories. Yup CS goes a long way with me and normally good companies do stand behind their products..

leftysixty
12-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Just remember when you talk to a CS rep he/she may have already had to deal with a dozen mad/rude customers. "just be nice!" you will have a much better chance of getting what you need.

Works for me, most times!!!