PDA

View Full Version : Geissele trigger bliss! (AR stuff)

CJB
12-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Thought I'd share the Geissele SSA-E experience.

Gotten from PSA with their complete lower parts kit. Parts kit is super btw, all very nicely finished....but back to the trigger.

Its like an M14 or Garand (or Mini14) hammer, trigger, disconnector setup. The hammer hooks are correctly cut to give no hammer lift or fall while the trigger's sear surface is disengaging frome them. The surfaces are gold and appear to be TiN ?

The two stages are perfect. One relatively long but very light first stage, then resistance as the pull meets the very short, but perfectly smooth second stage which breaks at about 3-1/2 lbs.

The second stage has a little bit of creep but it feels like an ice cube sliding on a counter top. Smooth as the inside of yer girlfriends thigh.

I've dry fired about 100 times.... and the trigger is absolutely repeatable. And its predictable. I would not say its too light for a combat weapon, because with two distinct stages you get perfect control of the break.

Bad part - I wont be able to shoot it for about three weeks due to holiday schedule being a @#$@#$@#$@#$%!!!