PDA

View Full Version : New CM9 Owner from VA

Groove
12-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Hey what's up everyone! New member from Springfield, VA. I just picked up my new CM9 on Tuesday and I finally got to the range today. That three day wait was like telling a fat kid he can't eat his candy after going Trick-or-Treating!

Anyway, I prepped the CM9 and lubed it up as mentioned in the stickies. This forum has been a great resource. I made sure to rack it about 1000 times before finally using it too. I could feel it loosen up a lot after doing that. I also left it with the slide locked back. I went to the range today, and fired off 100 flawless rounds during a break at work. The trigger is really nice. The first few shots were a little low, probably because I had to get used to the long trigger pull. I guess I'm used to my Glock 19. After I adjusted, my shots were right on target though.

I can't wait to get the next 100 rounds in. So far, I'm really happy I made the leap and went with the CM9.:D

b4uqzme
12-13-2013, 02:28 PM
Another Glock owner sees the light. Welcome! Glad you are off to a good start.

DanTana
12-13-2013, 02:31 PM
Groove, Welcome aboard, I'm a new owner/member myself. Lots of great info here. When you dismantle the pistol to clean it, can you post on whether your barrel has a polished ramp or not? I'm just curious.

ripley16
12-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Welcome to the forum. I'm not too far away, near Fredericksburg. Enjoy the new Kahr.

Groove
12-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Groove, Welcome aboard, I'm a new owner/member myself. Lots of great info here. When you dismantle the pistol to clean it, can you post on whether your barrel has a polished ramp or not? I'm just curious.

Yes, when I field stripped the gun for the first time, the ramp was polished.

DanTana
12-13-2013, 02:46 PM
Thanks Groove, so was mine. I've read where most others have to polish theirs.

Bawanna
12-13-2013, 02:57 PM
Most of the feed ramps coming off the line now are very well polished. It was quite some time ago that the polishing was a needed thing.

Many still recommend polishing it, I think just because they are so used to saying it. It's not a bad thing but usually not needed much anymore.

berettabone
12-13-2013, 03:56 PM
Most firearms have a pretty well polished ramp. I like to go over them anyway, and put a mirror finish on them. Needed? Maybe not, but for my own piece of mind, and if it helps my firearm run a hair better, especially with jhp's..............well, you know, if it feels good............plus it was a learning experience the first time I did it. By the way, welcome...............http://kahrtalk.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

Groove
12-15-2013, 12:01 PM
Fired off another 50 flawless rounds yesterday. I would have shot more, but they were limiting the purchase of only one box of ammo at the range. I only had one other box with me, and I used that in my Glock 19 to try out my new fiber optic front sights.

How do you find out when your CM9 was made? I didn't see anything in the documentation, or on the box that had a date.

warbird1
12-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Did it have the fired casing with it? Date should be there if it did. Welcome to the forum.

Groove
12-15-2013, 06:04 PM
No there was no spent shell in the package. Hmmmm???

T0RMENT
12-15-2013, 06:05 PM
^ Proof the gun works. Compliments of Kahr.

Groove
12-15-2013, 06:09 PM
Yeah I know. One came with my Glock, but I wasn't sure about the Kahr. I guess it is standard practice.

Groove
12-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Received my two extra 6 round magazines yesterday for a total of three, and a DeSantis Super Fly holster (a little long, and doesn't cover the rear sight). I was able to get off the final 50 rounds of the initial 200 round break-in today. I have had no issues whatsoever with the CM9. I'm shooting it fairly well too, with all of my shots from 7 yards are within the 9 point circle of a body silhouette. Not bad for a beginner. Now I'm just waiting for my VA CCP to get here over the next 45 days and i'll be legit. When I got home, I and sprayed out the slide with the brake cleaner and gave the gun a nice thorough cleaning and lubed it up for next time. Going to the range is becoming an expensive habit... LOL!