PDA

View Full Version : SN#'s and correlation with follower/ramp issues?

KBKahr
12-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Is there any data that correlated certain serial # or manufacture dates with the broken followers &/or feed ramp issues with the CM40's?

Several of my LGS have CM's available and I would like to purchase one.

With the common complaint of followers breaking/feed ramp issues I thought it would be worth while to see if there are any SN series or dates to avoid.

So if you have had a problem, please post the first 2-3#'s ONLY of your CM40 and or the manufacture date if known.

Thanks

garyb
12-18-2013, 06:14 AM
I see what you are trying to accomplish but this data will probably be hard to track and compile. You might want to see if the follower is contacting the feed ramp on the gun you are looking at. If so, it may be the cause of a potential follower problem. If not, it may be hard to say if you will have a problem or not. Either way, it can be corrected by Kahr, so you might be worried about something that will never take place...although it will be a nuisance if it does. If you really want one, buy it. JMO.

CJB
12-18-2013, 07:01 AM
Personally.... it may be that Kahr follower issues are literally human error in assembly. Using human judgement where a gage should have been employed to ascertain clearance on the ramp.

And yes...in this case its gage not gauge.

codegeek
12-18-2013, 09:36 AM
Personally.... it may be that Kahr follower issues are literally human error in assembly. Using human judgement where a gage should have been employed to ascertain clearance on the ramp.

And yes...in this case its gage not gauge.

I would think that would make the rampectomies performed on Kahrs unnecessary, but hey, at least it fixes the problem.

jocko
12-18-2013, 11:40 AM
Is there any data that correlated certain serial # or manufacture dates with the broken followers &/or feed ramp issues with the CM40's?

Several of my LGS have CM's available and I would like to purchase one.

With the common complaint of followers breaking/feed ramp issues I thought it would be worth while to see if there are any SN series or dates to avoid.

So if you have had a problem, please post the first 2-3#'s ONLY of your CM40 and or the manufacture date if known.

Thanks

not een call it a "common" complaint either. It has happened and no doubt ur gonna read it first on a kahr forum. It may still occur to, but not sure any serial # sequence designates a true fix either, as most all kahrs work fine out of the box, those that don't kahr will fix.:amflag: