PDA

View Full Version : New CM40 Owner from PA

GaryS
12-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Hi Everyone ... new CM40 owner here from the Lehigh Valley area of Pennsylvania. I just picked it up this afternoon and haven't fired it yet. The club I belong to only has an outdoor range and it's covered with 6 inches of snow right now, so it might be a while before I get to try my new CM40.

I've heard lots of good things about Kahr pistols and I'm looking forward to reading about them in the KahrTalk forums.

Glock23
12-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Hi Everyone ... new CM40 owner here from the Lehigh Valley area of Pennsylvania. I just picked it up this afternoon and haven't fired it yet. The club I belong to only has an outdoor range and it's covered with 6 inches of snow right now, so it might be a while before I get to try my new CM40.

I've heard lots of good things about Kahr pistols and I'm looking forward to reading about them in the KahrTalk forums.

Love my CM40!

Welcome!

warbird1
12-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Bummer about the snow. Welcome to the forum.

kwh
12-18-2013, 06:56 PM
Interested in how you decided between CW9 CW40 and CW45. I chose smaller CM9 for pocket carry and a CW45 for belt carry. CW45 because I have 2 other .45's. a Colt Officers and a Star PD.

GaryS
12-19-2013, 07:16 AM
Interested in how you decided between CW9 CW40 and CW45. I chose smaller CM9 for pocket carry and a CW45 for belt carry. CW45 because I have 2 other .45's. a Colt Officers and a Star PD.

I was definitely looking for something I could pocket carry, but my decision to go with the CM40 came down to ammo availability. I have pretty much 40 S&W onhand and I also reload 40 S&W, so ultimately ammo was the deciding factor.

southern thunder
12-19-2013, 08:44 AM
you will love it

GaryS
12-20-2013, 08:59 AM
Unfortunately, there appears to be a trigger problem with my new CM40. The trigger needs to be pulled as far to the rear as it will go, and then I need to squeeze the trigger a bit harder to get it to fire. There's no trigger travel past the point where the striker is released.

I called Kahr and got a return authorization number, and they're sending me a shipping label in the mail. Hopefully they'll be able to fix the problem and get it back to me in a reasonable amount of time.