PDA

View Full Version : S&W 1911SC E Series

jeepster09
12-23-2013, 02:53 PM
S&W 1911SC E Series
Does anyone own one of theses or have any experience with one? My local gun shop has one tht I got to droool over.:D It really looks nice as a bob tail in 4 1/4" size. Anyfeed back? Sure felt good and is pretty lite weight.:59:

getsome
12-23-2013, 03:05 PM
I have the S&W standard 1911 and I love it, never had a single problem out of it and is very similar to the new Ruger SR1911 except for a full length guide rod and external extractor...The E models have a Performance Shop action job and hand fitted trigger...They really are beautiful pistols and the one in the picture has me drooling....

jeepster09
12-23-2013, 03:25 PM
I think he set the hook by letting me look at it.....

b4uqzme
12-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Bobtail, flattop, and those scalloped slide serrations.......what's not to love?

jeepster09
12-23-2013, 03:50 PM
Bobtail, flattop, and those scalloped slide serrations.......what's not to love?

It does not have the lower in O.D. green.....[yet].

Bawanna
12-23-2013, 04:13 PM
I'm pretty sure Greg has one, perhaps the full size version and he spoke highly of it as I recall.

It's sure a pretty thing and between you me and the fence post I'd not do the green thing. Just me and you know I'm trying to ween ya off that green stuff on everything, your car, your house, the fence, green green green.

Course it keeps Ahlmans in business so maybe a good thing.

gb6491
12-23-2013, 09:32 PM
I'm pretty sure Greg has one, perhaps the full size version and he spoke highly of it as I recall.

It's sure a pretty thing and between you me and the fence post I'd not do the green thing. Just me and you know I'm trying to ween ya off that green stuff on everything, your car, your house, the fence, green green green.

Course it keeps Ahlmans in business so maybe a good thing.
I had the full size, steel frame (SW1911TA). Great gun: well made, reliable, and accurate (a lot of bang for the buck). It just didn't sing to me so I traded it for a few rifles.
Regards,
Greg

Here's a shot of the one I had:
http://i41.tinypic.com/rrjms3.jpg

chrish
12-23-2013, 10:16 PM
What is it about S&W scalloping on slides that I just can't warm up to? Love how the M&Ps that I've shot feel, and a 1911 is by and large a 1911 (at those price points). I know its not a beauty contest, just don't care for the scalloped look.

Bawanna
12-24-2013, 09:20 AM
I had the full size, steel frame (SW1911TA). Great gun: well made, reliable, and accurate (a lot of bang for the buck). It just didn't sing to me so I traded it for a few rifles.
Regards,
Greg

Here's a shot of the one I had:
http://i41.tinypic.com/rrjms3.jpg

I didn't get the memo that you'd sold that one. That had to take some painful thought to go through with, but if they don't sing, well......they don't sing.

southern thunder
12-27-2013, 09:59 AM
I think it looks good.