PDA

View Full Version : PM45 slide pin problem

Acasper708
12-28-2013, 08:10 AM
So my dad is having a prob with his slide pin/lock. With my CW it is very hard to pop the pin out to disassemble. I usually need to use a knife and push pretty hard.
But my dads PM, all you got to do it lightly push on it with ur finger and it pops right out. Which is nice, but a few time when shooting it. The pin will actually start to work its way out!
What puts tension on the pin for it to stay in?
Does he need a new pin or just the small spring?

gb6491
12-28-2013, 09:42 AM
So my dad is having a prob with his slide pin/lock. With my CW it is very hard to pop the pin out to disassemble. I usually need to use a knife and push pretty hard.
But my dads PM, all you got to do it lightly push on it with ur finger and it pops right out. Which is nice, but a few time when shooting it. The pin will actually start to work its way out!
What puts tension on the pin for it to stay in?
Does he need a new pin or just the small spring?
Tightening the screw that retains the slide stop spring worked for me.
There is some info on that here: http://www.kahrtalk.com/showpost.php?p=15672&postcount=5

You might first check that the leg of the slide stop spring that contacts the slide stop lever is not bent/deformed.

Regards,
Greg

Acasper708
12-28-2013, 01:10 PM
Thanks!!

kerby9mm
12-28-2013, 03:04 PM
When reassembling/When the gun is all together except for the pin pull the slide back to cock the cam. It will take forward pressure off so you can slide the pin in easier.