PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Colorado

T0RMENT
12-28-2013, 09:56 PM
Hi all-

Been around for a bit without formally introducing myself...

I have about 13 years (10 active, 3 Guard) of military service and live in the Denver, Colorado area. Been married for ~25 years and have two grown daughters. Just starting to make some ground talking my wife into going to the range with me to learn some basics. She's frightened of handguns and rifles, but we're making some progress in her getting more comfortable with the idea of learning the fundamentals and accompanying me to the range.

I've been carrying a Glock 30S for a little while and decided to ask for a CM9 and a CTL stuffed in a Remora from Santa. Guess I was a good boy, Santa delivered.

Haven't got the Kahr out to the range yet, but I have read the threads that jocko and wyntrout have put together (thanks a lot by the way!) and I am in the process following through with those. Now it's just a matter of time to get out to the range and break this baby in.

I'm here to learn from you folks that have the experience and knowledge with these Kahrs that I don't yet have.

Thanks for having me.

mikemc53
12-29-2013, 07:05 AM
Welcome and I hope you enjoy the CM9...I sure do. By the way, this is one of the best forums around (gun or otherwise). There are some very helpful and friendly sorts here, even some sage, almost professorial types (jocko).

Again...welcome.

codegeek
12-29-2013, 07:45 AM
Welcome from Woodstock GA. Great choice! Enjoy that new CM9!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

warbird1
12-29-2013, 08:36 PM
Welcome to the forum from the Heart of Dixie! Enjoy the new firearm.

T0RMENT
12-29-2013, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

garyb
12-30-2013, 08:46 AM
My wife was in the same place.....but not any more. Training, training, training. She will never be comfortable until she knows how to use it WELL. Get her formal training by someone else besides you. Nothing against you, but it worked for my wife to have formal training. Welcome.

addictedhealer
12-30-2013, 09:03 AM
Welcome from Indiana.

muggsy
01-05-2014, 08:26 AM
Thank you for your service, TORMENT from some one with six years of active participation in Uncle Sam's canoe club. Welcome aboard. Most Kahr's are trouble free, but if your gets the hiccups let us know. We're fairly good at straightening them out. Even Jocko.