PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Resolution

muggsy
01-01-2014, 07:34 AM
I hereby resolve to be a kinder more gentle Muggsy in 2014. I promise not pick on Jocko, or Bawanna, no matter how inane their posts may be. I also promise not to admonish the newbies for failing to read their Kahr service manuals, or for not cleaning and lubing their pistols before heading to the range. I'll try not to insult TheTman even though I may think that he's a pickle shy of a full barrel on some issues. I also resolve to spend more time at the range honing my shooting skills to perfection. I'm sure that there is at least one resolution there that I can keep even though I didn't score too well on last years resolutions which bear an uncanny resemblance to this years resolutions. Happy New Year!

yqtszhj
01-01-2014, 07:49 AM
I resolve to send more rounds down range, and buy less guns.

Thats the same thing I said last year but the ammo shortage stopped the first one and I still bought 4 (that I can remember, maybe more.)

southern thunder
01-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Happy New Year.

chrish
01-01-2014, 09:19 AM
I resolve to consider resolutions for 2015.

RevRay
01-01-2014, 09:30 AM
I hereby resolve to be a kinder more gentle Muggsy in 2014. I promise not pick on Jocko, or Bawanna, no matter how inane their posts may be.

Failed in the making ... you said their posts are inane.

I also promise not to admonish the newbies for failing to read their Kahr service manuals, or for not cleaning and lubing their pistols before heading to the range.

Still possible.

I'll try not to insult TheTman even though I may think that he's a pickle shy of a full barrel on some issues.

Still possible ... a pickle short is probably a compliment.

I also resolve to spend more time at the range honing my shooting skills to perfection.

Still possible.

muggsy
01-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Three out of four ain't bad, Rev. Much better than last year, so far. :)

RRP
01-01-2014, 09:51 AM
You're on a roll, Muggsy, and you're almost 12 hours into the new year. Keep up the good work!

jeepster09
01-01-2014, 10:24 AM
I resolve to "try" and use less Green Duracoat [on stainless guns] and enjoy the natural beauty.

TheTman
01-01-2014, 10:28 AM
I would say probably more than ONE pickle shy on some things. I'll try and be nicer too. But we ain't getting no damn room. :D (I felt a post by The Colonel would be appearing shortly with that topic).

I did welcome in the New Years with shot from my 20 Gauge at Midnight.
I like to see muzzle blasts at night. :) I originally set off what I thought were firecrackers, but were some kind of snapping sparkle things, so had to make some noise somehow. The neighbors launched a few fireworks mortars. And it's legal to shoot shotguns out here on the farm, even though I got annexed into the city. If you own more than 5 acres, you can still shoot shotguns for varmint control and such.

turn signal
01-01-2014, 10:28 AM
I resolve to send more rounds down range, and buy less guns.

Agreed.

http://erabegin.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/new-year-gif.gif

chrish
01-01-2014, 12:42 PM
I resolve to "try" and use less Green Duracoat [on stainless guns] and enjoy the natural beauty.

Yea, THAT's gonna happen!

Have you even made it this far...I mean...we are already half way thru the first day!

muggsy
01-01-2014, 01:58 PM
Last night at the stroke of midnight I touched off my black powder cannon. I'm happy to report that it rattled windows three blocks away. :)

ltxi
01-01-2014, 04:24 PM
I'm resolving to lose 20 pounds, no longer allow myself/us get jacked into social crap we don't care about, make this the last of 42 consecutive years of Dulles/IAD, and fully retire by the end of 2014.

And this time I mean it!!!

b4uqzme
01-01-2014, 05:29 PM
I resolve to buy more guns for Mrs. b4uqzme because she says I already have enough. I wonder how she'd like a Tokarev?

yqtszhj
01-01-2014, 07:22 PM
no longer allow myself/us get jacked into social crap we don't care about,

When you figure out how to make that work I want to know how. Wife gets me involved in things all the time. I dont want to socialize anywhere but the gun range.

ltxi
01-01-2014, 07:22 PM
I'm resolving to lose 20 pounds, no longer allow myself/us get jacked into social crap we don't care about, make this the last of 42 consecutive years of Dulles/IAD, and fully retire by the end of 2014.

And this time I mean it!!!

Oh...and other than a 9mm 1911, no more guns!

Harrylee
01-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Got to say I’ve meet some good pople here in kahrtalk, Bawanna you have been a good friend and muggsy your not bad for a exsailor, yqtszhj my friend form the south, garyb we meet over the wrong button but we are good now, hardluk1 meet over a wrong PM but became friends and I didn’t forget 340pd he always liked the Kimbers we could be friends too. And Tinman507 found out we live not to far from each other so we are sort of neighbors. Can’t forget Buzzard45 my friend for life. My resolution is to try to stay in contact with my friends, this time of the year I have more time on kahrtalk with work being slow. So I will keep my eyes out for you guys. So with all that said I think I'll throw some lead down range tomorrow before the snow hits and wish I could be shooting with all of you

muggsy
01-01-2014, 08:48 PM
We'll be with you in spirit, Harrylee.

TucsonMTB
01-01-2014, 09:46 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-N1MesAhWgJs/TeI8qB3LF1I/AAAAAAAAAQc/ItRQoIEAP6c/s1600/9cec6cf05e0b012ee3bf00163e41dd5b.gif