PDA

View Full Version : Took a friend to the gun store

O'Dell
05-19-2010, 03:06 PM
He's a new shooter and I was hesitant to bring up Kahr, [as much as I like mine] although he had seen my carry PM45 and liked the size. I was all set to recommend a SR9 Compact, but they had sold the last one. He spotted a CW9 in the case, and asked to see it. Then he wanted to shoot it - uh-oh, the recoil!! They didn't have a CW9 rental, but did have a well worn, make that worn out, PM9, so we tried it. I couldn't believe it - he handled it like a champ. I had a problem with the "pinky dangle" and didn't shoot well, but he did very well for a new shooter, especially after I explained the difference in target and combat sights. I hope he gets one, because now that I know he can handle it, it would be the perfect carry gun for him. I know I wouldn't trade my CW9 or PM45 for anything.

Bawanna
05-19-2010, 03:29 PM
He's a new shooter and I was hesitant to bring up Kahr, [as much as I like mine] although he had seen my carry PM45 and liked the size. I was all set to recommend a SR9 Compact, but they had sold the last one. He spotted a CW9 in the case, and asked to see it. Then he wanted to shoot it - uh-oh, the recoil!! They didn't have a CW9 rental, but did have a well worn, make that worn out, PM9, so we tried it. I couldn't believe it - he handled it like a champ. I had a problem with the "pinky dangle" and didn't shoot well, but he did very well for a new shooter, especially after I explained the difference in target and combat sights. I hope he gets one, because now that I know he can handle it, it would be the perfect carry gun for him. I know I wouldn't trade my CW9 or PM45 for anything.

Sounds all good to me. You gotcha a new range mate.