PDA

View Full Version : Kahr Ankle Gun

Barth
01-04-2014, 01:54 PM
It's a freezing cold 67 degrees here in Tampa today.
Jetstream has blown down a cold front from the north.
So I'm dressed a little warmer than usual.
And that makes ankle carry a comfortable proposition.
So I stuffed my Kahr MK40 Elite into a Galco Ankle Light holster.
Strapped that puppy on went out to do my laundry, wash the truck, do some grocery shopping...

The flat little auto disappeared under my tactical pants leg.
And even all stainless it was effortless to carry for hours.
Twin re-loads in my pants pocket were flat and light as well - no problemo.
The little Kahr was perfect as my Saturday morning BUG.
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r89/PlayboyPenguin/Keepers/KahrMK40-1.jpg

berettabone
01-04-2014, 02:04 PM
It's 30 deg. as I type, but we have warnings out for possibly -30 to -40 until Tues. morning. I usually just drop mine in my front coat pocket(in a holster of course). I usually never wear gloves, so not an issue. I can see how the ankle holster would make the weight of the firearm almost negligible.

muggsy
01-04-2014, 02:07 PM
My sister lost thirty pounds simply by wearing ankle weights. I'm thinking of strapping a pair of .45s to my ankles. :)

Bawanna
01-04-2014, 02:56 PM
It's sunny and maybe 50 here. I was out splitting fire wood. Didn't want to be nekkid so the PM45 was on my ankle as usual. Forget it's there. Course most days I forget the leg is there.

Leave no ankle go to waste. I should hang something on the other ankle.

Lentevan
01-04-2014, 03:04 PM
I swear you're all just taunting me. I was happy to finally see 0 degrees today. The highs this past week have been double digit negatives. Now the sun has set and the mercury is again falling.

RevRay
01-04-2014, 03:43 PM
It's sunny and maybe 50 here.

I thought you lived in Washington?

Bawanna
01-04-2014, 03:51 PM
Yeah, it's a little unusual. Sun is shining, relatively warm. Turn on the tv and all I see are snow blowers and white frozen streets in the east.

My son is up snowboarding today, imagine it's pretty nice up there.

VN Vet
01-04-2014, 05:17 PM
With six inches of snow on the ground and twelve inches more to fall by tomorrow evening, I think my ankle holster would be buried in the snow.

However, I love the snow. That's why I use a shoulder holster to carry my TP45.

Alfonse
01-04-2014, 06:34 PM
I guess the advantage of an ankle holster is it keeps you able to touch your ankles. Sunny and clear here today too Bawanna. It was 37 degrees last time I looked. No snow and we had a blue sky Christmas too.

I would probably like ankle holsters more if I could aim better with my leg.

Barth
01-04-2014, 06:58 PM
I guess the advantage of an ankle holster is it keeps you able to touch your ankles. Sunny and clear here today too Bawanna. It was 37 degrees last time I looked. No snow and we had a blue sky Christmas too.

I would probably like ankle holsters more if I could aim better with my leg.

I carry ankle guns as backup - not primary.
They can have some advantage in accessibility when sitting.

mr surveyor
01-04-2014, 07:05 PM
I hate winter. We're expecting 14° here Tuesday morning, and this is in NE Texas. Somebody ain't doing their share to accelerate the global warming thing.

As for ankle rigs, I don't have one, but a single clip IWB holster works nicely with a small handgun clipped into a boot top. Been "boot carrying" for a long time :)

Alfonse
01-04-2014, 07:10 PM
I carry ankle guns as backup - not primary.
They can have some advantage in accessibility when sitting.

Don't take my funning you too seriously! Got me thinking about that sitting thing though. Probably a couple of time a day that I am sitting and not in a position to be running quickly.

Of course, I fear setting a round off at that time might create quite an explosion! :)

Bawanna
01-04-2014, 09:32 PM
Mine is primarily backup also, except for like today, rather than just go out and chop wood nekkid I strapped it on. It's ain't wicked quick but it's better than going to the house to get a gun if I need one.

They are right handy sitting in a car.

I figure if I'm in a place thats getting robbed and I go into my fetal curled up, please don't kill me mode, it's pretty close to hand then too.
I think I watch too much TV.

Barth
01-04-2014, 10:10 PM
I figure if I'm in a place thats getting robbed and I go into my fetal curled up, please don't kill me mode, it's pretty close to hand then too.
I think I watch too much TV.

LOL I was thinking following being disarmed of my primary and pistol whipped.
I might do the same thing.

Scenarios, scenarios, scenarios -
I really think too much...

It can be a sweet draw when sitting in a car.
Like for a car jacking attempt.
And there I go again - thinking, thinking, thinking.

I'm not the only one, am I?

b4uqzme
01-04-2014, 10:39 PM
LOL I was thinking following being disarmed of my primary and pistol whipped.
I might do the same thing.

Scenarios, scenarios, scenarios -
I really think too much...

It can be a sweet draw when sitting in a car.
Like for a car jacking attempt.
And there I go again - thinking, thinking, thinking.

I'm not the only one, am I?

I don't think so. ;)

yqtszhj
01-05-2014, 08:53 AM

I would say quit bragging but I bet it doesn't get to 67 degrees in the middle of the night in August? How's that ankle rig go with a bikini in August? (I see pictures coming after that comment ;) )

addictedhealer
01-05-2014, 09:05 AM
I'm gonna get a ankle holster when I buy a cw380 for those super deep concealed days like work.

muggsy
01-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Touch my ankles! I haven't even seen my ankles in years. Our forecast temp for tonight is -19 degrees with a windchill of -50 degrees. (Just kidding about my ankles.)

12GA
01-27-2014, 04:43 PM
Jetstream has blown down a cold front from the north.
So I'm dressed a little warmer than usual.
And that makes ankle carry a comfortable proposition.
So I stuffed my Kahr MK40 Elite into a Galco Ankle Light holster.
Strapped that puppy on went out to do my laundry, wash the truck, do some grocery shopping...

The flat little auto disappeared under my tactical pants leg.
And even all stainless it was effortless to carry for hours.
Twin re-loads in my pants pocket were flat and light as well - no problemo.
The little Kahr was perfect as my Saturday morning BUG.
This is the holster I'm presently considering for my PM9. Does the rig stay securely in place throughout the day? Did you purchase the optional Galco calf strap? Amazon presently has this holster available for $63.

Barth
01-27-2014, 05:06 PM
This is the holster I'm presently considering for my PM9. Does the rig stay securely in place throughout the day? Did you purchase the optional Galco calf strap? Amazon presently has this holster available for $63.

I did not run the optional calf strap.
And that's with the much heavier MK40.
The PM9 will run effortlessly, all day, in the Galco Ankle Light.
This rig is Barth Approved.

BTW the DeSantis dual mag pouch is also Barth Approved.

12GA
01-27-2014, 05:14 PM
I did not run the optional calf strap.
And that's with the much heavier MK40.
The PM9 will run effortlessly, all day, in the Galco Ankle Light.
This rig is Barth Approved.

BTW the DeSantis dual mag pouch is also Barth Approved.
Thanks for the recommendation. Found one for $59 on ebay and it's on its way. :-)

Barth
01-27-2014, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the recommendation. Found one for $59 on ebay and it's on its way. :-)

You will not be disappointed.
Good luck my friend.

12GA
02-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Today's the 1st full day of carrying my PM9 in Galco's Ankle Lite holster. My initial impression is that it is by far the most comfortable manner of carry I've experienced. The holster is constructed with quality materials and I expect will provide many years of excellent service.

Wearing Docker casual slacks, it appears to print significantly.I'll try carrying with my Carhartt bluejeans tomorrow.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/12Gauge/20140207_150938_zps541b9b87.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/12Gauge/20140207_150150_zps968f4895.jpg

dkmatthews
02-07-2014, 01:51 PM
You're wearing it on the wrong ankle. It's supposed to be worn on the inside of the leg; not the outside.

Bawanna
02-07-2014, 02:06 PM
^^^^What he said. He won't print as much and it's much easier to access.

12GA
02-07-2014, 02:12 PM
Laughing! I'm such a dope! Thanks fellas.

dkmatthews
02-07-2014, 02:31 PM
Don't feel bad. I had to ask Galco before placing my order to make sure I got the right one. I wear the Galco Ankle Glove with the calf strap. There are occasions where I have to get all gussied up in a monkey suit, and the Ankle Glove is the only way to carry.

Bawanna
02-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Worn on the inside of the left ankle just makes everything better. If you have calfs, I have chicken legs so no calf to speak of, but if you do the calf strap helps.

Probably not needed with a poly Kahr.

Have to experiment but I carry mine slightly higher on the leg than your are also. I sometimes find myself in high water pants so don't want to play peek a boo, well I love to play peek a boo but not with my ankle holster.

12GA
02-08-2014, 02:41 PM
Ok, today was my 1st full day of carrying my PM9 on the correct ankle-I'm amazed at how comfortable the Galco Ankle Lite rig is. And the PM9 stays put just like it ought to.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/12Gauge/20140208_163035_zpsa9f7c0d4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/12Gauge/20140208_162139_zps2ed0946c.jpg