PDA

View Full Version : KAHR daily carry pistol with only front night sight?

Roadblock
05-19-2010, 07:47 PM
So some of us 1911 owners only run front night sights on our tactical pistols.

The idea is that you never actually USE the sights to sight the weapon, the single front dot is used as a reference to line the gun up with center mass in low light.

Basically if you take time to aim, your probably already dead.

For example, Hilton Yams 10-8 Performance sights, only use a front dot, no rear tritium.

I was thinking about running this setup on a KAHR too. Can you buy just a single front night sight that uses the same profile at the factory rear? Also if possible, who has the brightest?

Bawanna
05-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Seems like when chatting about something like this not long ago Dawson Precision kept coming up. I think they can do about anything you want. I'm not sure who would provide the brightest.

Roadblock
05-19-2010, 09:14 PM
I actually just noticed KAHR will sell you JUST the front sight for $30 dollars! That's a pretty good deal, Novak charges about $55 + shipping for JUST a front sight for this same style front night sight only setup.

jfrey
05-20-2010, 08:19 AM
You can get a front tritium sight from Dawson Precision and it is a lot higher quality than the others on the market. Granted, the price is higher but you get what you pay for. I put the fiber optic front on my CW9 and am very pleased with how it works.

O'Dell
05-20-2010, 03:13 PM
So some of us 1911 owners only run front night sights on our tactical pistols.

The idea is that you never actually USE the sights to sight the weapon, the single front dot is used as a reference to line the gun up with center mass in low light.

Basically if you take time to aim, your probably already dead.

For example, Hilton Yams 10-8 Performance sights, only use a front dot, no rear tritium.

I was thinking about running this setup on a KAHR too. Can you buy just a single front night sight that uses the same profile at the factory rear? Also if possible, who has the brightest?

S&W's new SD line of pistols comes with a night sight on the front only. I think it's a great idea, since I'm a front sight shooter.