PDA

View Full Version : Ruger GP100 Match Champion

Alfonse
01-08-2014, 08:57 PM
http://www.ruger.com/products/gp100MatchChampion/models.html

Kinda like that. Once I see one and play with it I'll decide how badly I want it. I do already have a 686 that isn't going anywhere.

b4uqzme
01-09-2014, 12:44 AM
Yep I really like all of the GP and SP models. I'd be tempted if I ran across one of these Talo editions too. http://www.ruger.com/products/gp100DE/models.html

I've been able to buy a couple of new Ruger products for way under the website price. So do your shopping and you might be able to save some $$$.

Barth
01-09-2014, 04:56 AM
I've always been a S&W guy when it comes to wheel guns.
Have four classic S&W pre-lock non MIM models in various calibers.

Sadly, at least in my eyes,
Smith hasn't produced a revolver I'd buy in a very long time.

If I were to add a new revolver to my arsenal it would likely be a Ruger or Dan Wesson.

I do have a Talo Special Edition EXO Glock G27 that I like very much.
Fail Zero is for real.

Truth is I really want a S&W 627 pre-lock.
http://home.comcast.net/~pinball/Weaponry/627PDR.jpg

CJB
01-09-2014, 04:58 AM
Looks a lot like an old Security Six that I had for years n years.

jeepster09
01-09-2014, 06:44 AM
http://www.armslist.com/posts/2541559/rochester-minnesota-handguns-for-sale--said-i-would-never-sell-this---------

Looks rather cool.

berettabone
01-09-2014, 10:17 AM
Nice, but I prefer my Ruger speed six without all the bells and whistles.

b4uqzme
01-18-2014, 07:45 PM
I had the opportunity t handle both this (the Match Champion) and the Talo/Wiley Clap today. I really like the looks of the Talo and the gold bead front sight but it's not very comfortable in the hand. I really don't like the looks of the stippled Match Champion grips...but I gotta say they are VERY comfortable. I guess Ruger sweetened the Match Champion's trigger too. So I agree with Alfonse, the Match Champion is a winner....especially for us Ruger revolver fans. Thanks for the post. It's probably gonna cost me some money...eventually.

340pd
01-21-2014, 08:03 AM
Ruger did an interview on Guntalk radio last week. This gun has much slicked up innards, BUT still uses a full power mainspring. The Ruger spokesman mentioned that LOWER power mainsprings would lighten up the pull weight considerably, and are very easy for a gunsmith, or customer, to install.

b4uqzme
01-23-2014, 05:17 PM
FYI - the gunshow price for the Match Champion was around $750 and <$700 for the Talo. There are deals out there. YMMV. I'm looking for an older, cheaper, used 3 inch...then will go for the Wolff springs and trigger job. But these are calling to me.

mr surveyor
01-23-2014, 07:42 PM
I would love to have the new GP to fit between my everyday 3" SP101 and my 7-1/2" .44 mag Super Redhawk. My son does have the standard 6" GP and it's certainly a keeper, but really not much more than a house gun or range toy due to it's length.... and it's not mine either :(. If I had my druthers, I'd really lust for the new custom GP in .41 mag :).

Using the one step down in power springs, and a lot of dry fire (and live fire), my Rugers are every bit as smooth and reliable as any S&W revolvers I've ever owned. Granted, I've only owned a half dozen Ruger revolvers and maybe a dozen S&W's, but that's enough sampling for me to decide I really love my Rugers (the steel ones).

b4uqzme
01-24-2014, 03:50 AM
Using the one step down in power springs, and a lot of dry fire (and live fire), my Rugers are every bit as smooth and reliable as any S&W revolvers I've ever owned. Granted, I've only owned a half dozen Ruger revolvers and maybe a dozen S&W's, but that's enough sampling for me to decide I really love my Rugers (the steel ones).

Agreed :D I'm very happy with my SP101 after the trigger job and the lighter springs. I have had a lot of direct shooting comparison between that and my BIL's SW model 60 and I actually prefer the Ruger. I only have 2 Ruger revolvers but was able to find them, used, at really good prices. Factor that in and I'm a loyal customer.

b4uqzme
01-30-2014, 07:47 PM
Update. I saw a new Match Champion today on sale for $660. There are deals out there.

mr surveyor
01-30-2014, 08:06 PM
that would be a good deal for a new Ruger owner to be infected with rugeritis, or for a Ruger revolver fan.

I'm not looking for a new gun....

Alfonse
01-30-2014, 08:48 PM
Update. I saw a new Match Champion today on sale for $660. There are deals out there.

I'll have to see if I can match that around here.