PDA

View Full Version : Pulled the trigger in GA

Baklash
01-14-2014, 01:45 PM
"Pulled the trigger" so to speak, and just ordered a new CW9 after a long search for a CCW. It's my first Kahr and actually my first semi-auto handgun. Believe me I checked out everything I could get my hands on and some I couldn't. Read every handgun magazine and internet review, both from the pros and buyers alike. I wanted a striker fired, no external safety, no magazine disconnect, so that narrowed the search quite a bit. The CW9 fit my hand perfectly and it's a sharp looking gun to boot. Must admit I'm not crazy about the sights with my 100 year old eyes, since I'm blind in one eye and can't see outa' the other.:eek: Can't wait for it to come in to the dealer, but that will give me time to read everything helpful I can find on this forum. Looking forward to a long and healthy relationship here.

Bawanna
01-14-2014, 01:48 PM
Welcome Baklash, glad you found us.

We'll all suffer the anxiety of waiting right along with you.

Read and enjoy and hopefully the time will pass quickly. Worse time in a person's life waiting for a gun to show up at the dealer.

b4uqzme
01-14-2014, 02:37 PM
Welcome

berettabone
01-14-2014, 05:31 PM
Welcome................is that 50 yrs. an eye, or 100 yrs. an eye?

rjt123
01-14-2014, 06:15 PM
Welcome!

I bet you'll come to like the Kahr "dot the 'I'" sights. But if you don't there are some after-market sights you can put on there. Anyway, let us know how the break-in goes.

NRA Life Member

kwh
01-14-2014, 07:23 PM
Good choice. Since it fits your hands sights are not as important for "combat accuracy". I would bet on combat accuracy good to 7-10 yards. My old eyes can no longer focus on the sights but I can hold to Minute of Head accuracy out to 20 yards. Always thought I liked 3 dots the best and maybe still do , but when I picked up a 3 dot recently , it seemed strange after dot/post Kahr sights. Have not yet seen a need to change sights on my Kahrs. If you are used to double action revolvers you will love the Kahr trigger.

ParrotHead
01-15-2014, 09:13 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/y_hi_356.gif

muggsy
01-15-2014, 09:44 AM
I like your attitude. If you're used to shooting double action revolvers you're going to love your CM9. There are no triggers that are smoother.

getsome
01-15-2014, 09:48 AM
Welcome Baklash from Stone Mountain Ga.....You're going to like that CW9 when it comes in and you're going to like this place too, none better anywhere on the interweb

Baklash
01-19-2014, 07:16 PM
Yep, I'm more used to double action revolvers. The trigger is one reason I chose the Kahr. Plus, I think it will be safer for carry since no external safety. Yesterday picked it up at the dealer, but haven't even had time to clean it. Did manage to get some ammo though and a second mag.

RevRay
01-19-2014, 08:10 PM
Welcome and congratulations ... and be sure to come back and tell us what you think once you've had a chance to break it in.