PDA

View Full Version : Just Emailed Kahr, am I a cry baby??

addictedhealer
01-15-2014, 02:03 PM
I have been wanting to order some goodies off of kahr arm website. Every time I look around the prices are a slap in the face.

Hope I didn't insult any karhtalk members by throwing anyone into the mix. I have just read many post of people complaining about shipping and prices my self included. So here is the email. Can't hurt, we all spend much money and word of mouth praising Kahr maybe it will make a difference

Email

"I would like to order some baseplates along with several others on Kahrtalk and it seems to most of us the prices are ridiculously high. $15.00 steel and $23.00 for the black "don't tread on me" plates are extremely high priced. Not including the $10.00 shipping. With the kahr magazines costing $30+ It just doesn't seem reasonable.

I am not wanting special treatment, just giving you some input from the loyal Kahr Arms fans.

Thanks,
Adam Throop
Kahrtalk.com member"

Guess I could of went into more detail and compare competitors prices but that isn't my point. My biggest issue is $10 shipping on something as small as one baseplate is outrages. Hell just stick a stamp on it and mail it.

Armybrat
01-15-2014, 02:33 PM
Ruger is pretty similar.

I wanted an extra 10 round factory mag for my SR45, but their list price of $45 never changed.

Just ordered one from Grabagun for $30 plus $2.65 shipping & state tax.

One gripe I have against Kahr is their tone deaf ignoring of customers' pleas to offer flush-fitting steel base plates for all CW magazines.

jocko
01-15-2014, 03:14 PM
what sounds and looks like it can just be put in an envelope and mailed for a buck or less, is really not how big companies do business. there are definitely checks and balances that have to be adhered to. What one should do is order enough to make th epostage seem OK.

I see this on TV adds all the time, goes sumpin like buiy one at 19.95 and we will give u a second one free for just postage and handling. Now they do't tellyou what "handling' is either, so u know the product they are selling is not worth jack sh!t the money they are asking but theyt are making money from the postage and handling part. Not to say gun makers work like that, they don 't, but sometimes their postage minimum is baffling, but it is what it isj..

muggsy
01-15-2014, 03:48 PM
Small parts like recoil springs or magazine followers could be sent in bubble wrap envelopes at a terrific cost savings.

downtownv
01-15-2014, 04:07 PM
Sorry, I couldn't resist:behind sofa:
All company's use parts a major profit center, anymore. gun shows off better deals but with gas and admission, not so much.

JimC
01-15-2014, 04:19 PM
I just ordered and received 5 of the black magazine base plate kits because I saw that they lowered the price from $19.99 to $12.99 a set.
They hit me for $9.20 to mail them in a small padded envelope.
I thought that was a little high but I'm not complaining, I wanted the base plates so...
Sometimes you just have to suck it up when you want something sent to you. ;)

codegeek
01-15-2014, 05:23 PM
what sounds and looks like it can just be put in an envelope and mailed for a buck or less, is really not how big companies do business. there are definitely checks and balances that have to be adhered to. What one should do is order enough to make th epostage seem OK.

I see this on TV adds all the time, goes sumpin like buiy one at 19.95 and we will give u a second one free for just postage and handling. Now they do't tellyou what "handling' is either, so u know the product they are selling is not worth jack sh!t the money they are asking but theyt are making money from the postage and handling part. Not to say gun makers work like that, they don 't, but sometimes their postage minimum is baffling, but it is what it isj..

Right. Because they make money on shipping and "handling".

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

jocko
01-15-2014, 05:26 PM
probably so...

addictedhealer
01-15-2014, 07:08 PM
It's crazy though.. Why I buy springs from Wolff. I also bought 4 steel baseplates and night sights.. Got 20 worth in shipping because I ordered two separate orders... Won't do it again.

Armybrat
01-15-2014, 07:16 PM
Sometimes I think a hooker might offer cheaper "handling" than some of these legit businesses.

knkali
01-15-2014, 09:19 PM
They use USPS. C'mon guys, they need the help.

FLBri
01-16-2014, 07:01 AM
I fail to see the problem. It's not wrong or immoral for a business to charge what they want or make a profit ... even a big profit at what they do. They are under no obligation to appear 'fair' or gratuitous.

It's nice when they are, though..LOL!

As consumers we can protest by voice (or here) and protest by buying elsewhere. If there is no elsewhere, than we can decide how bad the part is needed. They sell their product for the purpose of making money, not a public service.

The market place is the best judge of their business model and the ultimate success or failure.

addictedhealer
01-16-2014, 07:26 AM
I fail to see the problem. It's not wrong or immoral for a business to charge what they want or make a profit ... even a big profit at what they do. They are under no obligation to appear 'fair' or gratuitous.

It's nice when they are, though..LOL!

As consumers we can protest by voice (or here) and protest by buying elsewhere. If there is no elsewhere, than we can decide how bad the part is needed. They sell their product for the purpose of making money, not a public service.

The market place is the best judge of their business model and the ultimate success or failure.

I am more upset that shipping is $10 no matter what you order.

garyb
01-16-2014, 07:28 AM
I agree the baseplates are priced high. But I wanted one and just bit the bullet and ordered one. No crying. If you want it, order it. Won't help to complain. Companies are there to make a profit. Have you priced bottled water?

340pd
01-16-2014, 07:35 AM
I think you have a valid point. Shipping and handling costs are a visible expense to the company, but more so the customer. Stocking, inventory, and picking parts costs a lot. Actual shipping costs could be saved with a bubble envelope.

I would like to see Kahr spend those profits in a better Mag design.

skiflydive
01-16-2014, 08:30 AM
$10 S&H doesn't seem unreasonable to me. Heck, the bubble envelope itself will run $.25 (only slightly less than a box BTW), the 1st class postage will be $1.75 - $2, the person to put the stuff in the envelope, the person processing the order, the person printing and applying the label etc. The costs to a business to process orders is a hell of a lot more than the price of an envelope and a stamp. We charge $10 plus the price of shipping and we're probably losing a little at that.

b4uqzme
01-16-2014, 09:54 AM
I just ordered and received 5 of the black magazine base plate kits because I saw that they lowered the price from $19.99 to $12.99 a set.
They hit me for $9.20 to mail them in a small padded envelope.
I thought that was a little high but I'm not complaining, I wanted the base plates so...
Sometimes you just have to suck it up when you want something sent to you. ;)

^^^^^ this.

But I'm not labeling anyone a crybaby.

addictedhealer
01-16-2014, 10:12 AM
$10 S&H doesn't seem unreasonable to me. Heck, the bubble envelope itself will run $.25 (only slightly less than a box BTW), the 1st class postage will be $1.75 - $2, the person to put the stuff in the envelope, the person processing the order, the person printing and applying the label etc. The costs to a business to process orders is a hell of a lot more than the price of an envelope and a stamp. We charge $10 plus the price of shipping and we're probably losing a little at that.

I agree but profits are made on selling firearms and parts. If they have to charge 10 for shipping for profits they need a new team. Kahr is one of the largest handgun makers in America. I doubt they are so hard up they have to charge so much for shipping. Look at all the decently sized companies across the country, most have cheap and or free shipping and have the same expenses.

Seems like a total money grab.

skiflydive
01-16-2014, 10:21 AM
Shipping is like everything else...you have a choice. Cheap, fast, or convenient. Pick any two...you can't have all three.

Any "excess" profit Kahr is making on S&H is pennies...a fart in a windstorm...IMHO. It just ain't the same as you slapping a stamp on your Christmas card to Granny.

JimC
01-16-2014, 10:31 AM
For those whining about shipping...don't place an order, go without and you won't have to complain about the shipping.
Problem solved. ;)

SlowBurn
01-16-2014, 11:37 AM
the answer is yes

CJB
01-16-2014, 06:36 PM
Crybaby?

They can ask whatever price they want. Things will sell, or not sell. You can choose to buy, or not buy.

Some things to remember: Dealers get dealer pricing and can offer a discount if they wish. Kahr will not compete online with its own dealers and distributors, or else they'd have none of those soon. Expect to pay full list price from a manufacturer.

addictedhealer
01-22-2014, 06:16 PM
BOOM.... IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!!!

Looks like Kahr is now offering alternative shipping methods. I SAVED THE DAY....Okay probably wasn't because of me, but I just wen't on their site and they now offer USPS shipping for 6.54$. Hey not half bad....

I'm Gonna Take The Blame For This... All Hail AddictedHealer!! :p

garyb
01-23-2014, 06:54 AM
BOOM.... IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!!!

Looks like Kahr is now offering alternative shipping methods. I SAVED THE DAY....Okay probably wasn't because of me, but I just wen't on their site and they now offer USPS shipping for 6.54$. Hey not half bad....

I'm Gonna Take The Blame For This... All Hail AddictedHealer!! :p

Good for you! Never hurts to ask I guess.