PDA

View Full Version : Sig P320 striker fired pistol.

Barth
01-16-2014, 02:54 PM
The pistol will be available is 9mm, .40S&W and .357Sig,
with a .45ACP coming later in 2014.
The pistol comes in two sizes which are called Duty and Carry,
and can be converted back and forth depending on the need
with the purchase of the additional slide/barrel combo.
The Duty has a 4.7″ barrel while the Carry has a 3.9″ barrel
making it more suited to concealed carry.
The MSRP for the P320 is $713 for either size.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/666x1000xDSC1779.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Mh751UFnUV.jpg

berettabone
01-16-2014, 03:54 PM
I'll stick to my P220 sas full size, two tone, no rail..................at least their prices are coming down on something...................................

muggsy
01-17-2014, 09:21 AM
Me like.
http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/sig-sauer-is-asking-us-to-rethink-the-polymer-striker-fired-pistol-with-the-p320-shot-show-2014/

340pd
01-17-2014, 12:36 PM
Is this so Sig can get their foot in the door with US LE?

Longitude Zero
01-17-2014, 01:27 PM
I hope this is not a rehash of the supremely POS P250. If SIG wants into the LEO market, that train left the station a couple of decades ago.

RRP
01-17-2014, 02:56 PM
Is this so Sig can get their foot in the door with US LE?

Maybe it's a regional thing, but in my area SIG is deeply entrenched in the LE world.

Their website claims that nationally, 1 in 3 law enforcement professionals use SIG firearms.

getsome
01-17-2014, 03:32 PM
It's a nice looking pistol and I like the interchangable part....I think SIG brought this gun out because they see how well the other guys, Glock, XD and S&W are doing in the full size polymer pistol market....In time as all of us older all steel guys leave the market and die off it wouldn't surprise me to see the Polymer guns to command almost all of the market...

In the not too distant future when you see an all stainless 3 lb pistol it will be an antique because the young pup newer buyers want light weight high capacity pistols with rails and thats just what the market is moving to...Sig didn't have anything to sell and wanted a piece of that pie...There will always be the all steel 1911 die hards out there but in time even they will yield to the Tupperware...

The new Sig looks good but is kinda spendy IMO and I don't think I would rush out and buy one until they fix the bugs that will possibly turn up like many new poly striker pistols do because they are a different animal and just as the little Sig 290 had some problems when it first came out this one might too but Sig will figure them out and in time this new 320 will be fine but for now I'm not going to get rid of my M&P

berettabone
01-17-2014, 05:58 PM
Maybe it's a regional thing, but in my area SIG is deeply entrenched in the LE world.

Their website claims that nationally, 1 in 3 law enforcement professionals use SIG firearms.
See a lot of them up here also........................

JohnR
01-17-2014, 06:42 PM
Hey, I got three more decades of preferring steel guns, according to the actuarial tables!

kerby9mm
01-17-2014, 06:55 PM
I have 2 steel Kahr's/ 2 Scandium S&W revolvers/the rest are alloy. So far I have found my way around plastic except for the mag followers on the Kahr's.

340pd
01-20-2014, 12:52 PM

Possibly it is regional. LE around here is all striker fired, Glock and some M&P. Sigs claim covers a lot of territory. My guess is most cop shops have some sort of SIG firearm in the armory.

DeaconKC
01-20-2014, 08:19 PM
Around here a lot of LEOs buy their own weapons, you see a lot of 1911s, Sigs and other lines beside Glock.

340pd
01-21-2014, 07:57 AM
That is interesting. Are there any requirements of caliber?

I see a huge benefit in standardization of firearms. In a gunfight, if I am out of ammo with my M&P 40, I don't want my partner to pass me his/her spare 1911 mag full of .45's

I work at a municipal range owned by three local communities and the airport commission.

All the local cops shoot Glock .40's and are considering going back to 9mm because of round improvement, and the Airport carries .357 Sigs.

Everything interchanges, and the armorers life is much easier.

Barth
01-21-2014, 08:08 AM
That is interesting. Are there any requirements of caliber?

I see a huge benefit in standardization of firearms. In a gunfight, if I am out of ammo with my M&P 40, I don't want my partner to pass me his/her spare 1911 mag full of .45's

I work at a municipal range owned by three local communities and the airport commission.

All the local cops shoot Glock .40's and are considering going back to 9mm because of round improvement, and the Airport carries .357 Sigs.

Everything interchanges, and the armorers life is much easier.

If folks are running 1911s and Sigs?
I doubt all of the Sigs are .45s

Often there's a list of approved weapons in standard service calibers.
I'm not LE.
But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night - LOL!