PDA

View Full Version : Pearce grip extension failure

MKAvery
01-16-2014, 11:10 PM
Been using these for about a month on my MK9 daily carry and I started noticing that the extension was working its way off the bottom of the magazine. I did some tests, even installed the spare one I had and got the same results.
I did some web research and I'm not the only one, but since I did not see it mentioned here I wanted to share. I'll be going back to the stock base plates going forward.

xsailer
01-17-2014, 05:29 AM
When ever I eject the mag and reload quickly in classes I have to readjust slice the Pearce plastic to re-snap it. I think it's the first thing that hits the ground and cause the unsnap. The plastic clip protrusion if longer might solve the problem?

JohnR
01-17-2014, 06:04 AM
Mine worked its way off, too. I just took it off and put it back in the drawer.

yqtszhj
01-17-2014, 07:01 AM
Been using these for about a month on my MK9 daily carry and I started noticing that the extension was working its way off the bottom of the magazine. I did some tests, even installed the spare one I had and got the same results.
I did some web research and I'm not the only one, but since I did not see it mentioned here I wanted to share. I'll be going back to the stock base plates going forward.

Yep, they're hit and miss. By the way

Welcome to the Forum.

b4uqzme
01-17-2014, 07:29 AM
I've only used one and it's been fine. Just lucky I guess. Welcome MKA.

berettabone
01-17-2014, 09:06 AM
I don't use them with my MK.................they just get in the way.