PDA

View Full Version : cm40 new owner

stoshmo
01-19-2014, 01:46 PM
Hey all new to the forum but ben reading around thank you to all for the helpfull information u give on start ups with this firearm well let me give u the story ben eyen up this cm40 at my lgs for the past couple months also have a ruger sr45 and had a xd 40 and i wanted something smaller and really like the feel of a 40 cal and i lije the size of the kahr and there trigger so aftet 2000 rounds with the xd a couple weeks ago trade it in for the karh brought ito home very happy bought it on a thursday day after. Christmas and took it out that saterday got 46 rounds throught it and the trigger broke or would not reset couldent even get the slide of was a little upset called karh but had to wait till monday no problem so called at lunch time on monday and got a guy that wasent very helpfull but said wluld send me a lable to send back in cool gave him my info but dident ask if enything was right like go over everything to make shure he was right and said i would get a lable over email within a hour or two ok i.said and went back to work next day got no.email so called back at lunch again and got a guy who was very nice and the first guy had email rong we found out so after thst fix got the lable and sent back in less then a week got the gun back fixed very pleased with there cs so got it back last friday and ran out to the range and of course it was a crappy day rainy wise but got.off 58 rounds before rained out but worked great today had 100 rounds to put threw it and after about 50 the dreaded follower problem happend but it would still loud one round threw it so i shot the last 50 one round at a time lol i only.have the mag the gun came with but it worked geat feeds everything so far winchester tulamo hornidey criticle defense but wont feed hornidy defense with is there brass caseing and thats all i tried over all i love this firearm and very happy with it kahr makes a great firearm just call kahr tomarow and see about more followers i no this isent a compition gun or thousends of rounds gun but im on a misson to see how it handles it i love shooting and beeing good with what i have so i shoot alot so ill keep everyone updated on range sessions to see what happens hope everyone is haveing a great day

kerby9mm
01-19-2014, 03:24 PM
Its really too bad the follower didn't break earlier before you sent it back so Kahr could have trimmed the feed ramp to eliminate the breaking followers problem. If you search the forum you will see broken followers are a common problem.

ESAFO
01-19-2014, 03:50 PM
Hey all new to the forum but ben reading around thank you to all for the helpfull information u give on start ups with this firearm well let me give u the story ben eyen up this cm40 at my lgs for the past couple months also have a ruger sr45 and had a xd 40 and i wanted something smaller and really like the feel of a 40 cal and i lije the size of the kahr and there trigger so aftet 2000 rounds with the xd a couple weeks ago trade it in for the karh brought ito home very happy bought it on a thursday day after. Christmas and took it out that saterday got 46 rounds throught it and the trigger broke or would not reset couldent even get the slide of was a little upset called karh but had to wait till monday no problem so called at lunch time on monday and got a guy that wasent very helpfull but said wluld send me a lable to send back in cool gave him my info but dident ask if enything was right like go over everything to make shure he was right and said i would get a lable over email within a hour or two ok i.said and went back to work next day got no.email so called back at lunch again and got a guy who was very nice and the first guy had email rong we found out so after thst fix got the lable and sent back in less then a week got the gun back fixed very pleased with there cs so got it back last friday and ran out to the range and of course it was a crappy day rainy wise but got.off 58 rounds before rained out but worked great today had 100 rounds to put threw it and after about 50 the dreaded follower problem happend but it would still loud one round threw it so i shot the last 50 one round at a time lol i only.have the mag the gun came with but it worked geat feeds everything so far winchester tulamo hornidey criticle defense but wont feed hornidy defense with is there brass caseing and thats all i tried over all i love this firearm and very happy with it kahr makes a great firearm just call kahr tomarow and see about more followers i no this isent a compition gun or thousends of rounds gun but im on a misson to see how it handles it i love shooting and beeing good with what i have so i shoot alot so ill keep everyone updated on range sessions to see what happens hope everyone is haveing a great day
Jocko do you know this person :confused:
welcome aboard :yo:

stoshmo
01-20-2014, 03:53 PM
Hi all no jocko doesent no me im sorry i.shoulda started off by sayin im new here this is actully the first forum for enything iv ever join so very new to everything so hello from pa i just got.that.kahr a couple weeks and its my first kahr and thanks to you guys and gals for all the stuff u posted about kahrs iv ben reading around this forum for as long as iv owned the kahr and its helped out alot to prep the gun before use and kinda common problems they have so i was not surprised at all wen the follower broke i just laphed and said wondering if that was ganna happen so and.called.kahr today and they are sending me another follower might try to shave a lil.off the follower so it doesent break again i think i saw a thread that u can do that before i send it back for barrel work still very pleased with there cs