PDA

View Full Version : Officer that helped catch BTK killer dies.

TheTman
01-21-2014, 01:33 PM
Ken Landwher, leader of the task force that caught the BTK killer, has died at age 59 of cancer.
http://www.kansas.com/2014/01/13/3226804/ken-landwehr-who-helped-catch.html

I've lived within 2 blocks of his first victims, and now live within a couple miles of 2 other victims. BTK would probably still be on the loose today, if he hadn't decided to taunt the Police after not being heard from for several years. Detective Landwher's task force was able to use the information on a diskette he sent to brag about his killings, to locate and capture him.
It's kind of strange, but he was in contact with my small town's police department daily, in his position as code enforcement officer of our small town. It was a big relief to Wichita and surrounding areas, when he was finally captured and convicted. May he rest in Peace. He has the gratitude of the people of this country for never giving up in his pursuit of the BTK.

muggsy
01-21-2014, 02:13 PM
BTK was a real piece of work. When he was finally caught he confessed to his crimes with no emotion what-so-ever. Sorry to hear about the officers passing.

TheTman
01-21-2014, 02:43 PM
He used to go around town, and issue citations for the lawn not being mowed, and such things. I guess if anyone gave him any grief, he would often say something like " You'd shut up if you knew who you were dealing with." People just shrugged it off as him being full of it. My brothers went to High School with him, and remember him as an oddball, that didn't fit in with any certain group or anything. He was crazy even back then.

downtownv
01-21-2014, 04:19 PM
He used to go around town, and issue citations for the lawn not being mowed, and such things. I guess if anyone gave him any grief, he would often say something like " You'd shut up if you knew who you were dealing with." People just shrugged it off as him being full of it. My brothers went to High School with him, and remember him as an oddball, that didn't fit in with any certain group or anything. He was crazy even back then.

Who was the crazy the cop or the killer?

TheTman
01-21-2014, 05:01 PM
The BTK was the crazy one from school.

Carcw9
01-30-2014, 06:35 PM
What does BTK stand for????

Ikeo74
01-30-2014, 06:50 PM
I think it was "Bind, Torture and Kill'