PDA

View Full Version : New CW45 Today

mtnwinds
01-22-2014, 05:09 PM
I picked it up today and tore it down to get it ready for the range. Here's what I found:

Funky Burr
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk89/mtnwinds/DSC04564.jpg

Easy Fix
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk89/mtnwinds/DSC04568.jpg

What in the world is this??
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk89/mtnwinds/DSC04566.jpg

There is divot milled out of the barrel hood. Anyone ever seen this? Is it a screw up or does it have some purpose? The edges of the hood are very sharp and probably brittle. All the dirt and carbon on the hood and this is a brand new pistol. Well, it cleaned up o.k.

The slide lock backed out when I function tested it but that was an easy fix. Just tightened up the little spring screw.

If I had paid $600.00 for this I'd be getting a refund. As it is I paid the grand sum of $359.00 out the door. So, I can put up with the shoddy quality control because, thanks to this forum & especially Greg, I can fix what is messed up.....except for the barrel.

I'll go to the range tomorrow and see how she runs.

The quality of this pistol is not on a par with my S&W M&Ps nor with Glocks I have owned. It is, however, a good value for its price assuming that you are comfortable implementing the fixes detailed on this forum.

gb6491
01-22-2014, 05:43 PM
Nice photos!
The divot in the barrel hood provides a little extra clearance when ejecting unfired rounds.
Regards,
Greg

mtnwinds
01-22-2014, 06:11 PM
Thanks, Greg. That's a relief, I think. I was afraid I'd have to replace the barrel.

muggsy
02-27-2014, 06:47 PM
I had a few divots taken outa me and I still run pretty good. I think I might attack that burr with a mini half round file. At least it ain't anywhere that shows.

yqtszhj
02-27-2014, 07:17 PM
Let us know how it goes. The items you found shouldn't be a problem but if you have any issues just let us know.

blackbird94
05-10-2014, 08:09 PM
bought my cw45 used on consignment, just checked, none of those things are in mine at all. definitely concerning

wsgrady
05-10-2014, 09:59 PM
Well good luck to you , after @480 rounds of various types and brands of ammo, and doing everything I could think of to stop this pistol from constantly failing to feed ( nose up into the barrel hood ) I gave up and sent it back to Gallery of Guns under their lifetime warranty program. They were more than helpful and even let me swap this thing for a cw9 since they have the same retail price. They even paid for shipping both ways and I wasn't even out for any new DOJ fee's for the new pistol. Now I call that level of customer satisfaction outstanding in every way I can think of. I wanted the cw45 to work out for me, it just didn't. Got the cw9 in and looked it over and I must say it seems to be a little tighter overall in fit than the 45 was, slide to frame fit better and so on. Ordered 400 rounds of federal ammo fmj and hp+p to test out this Thursday. Hoping this one works out, haven't had a 9mm in my hands in many years.