PDA

View Full Version : New Kahr owner.

remnar
01-24-2014, 08:00 PM
Just want to say hi to everyone and introduce myself. I live in the Pacific North West and look forward to learning from and sharing in this forum.

-remnar

sas PM9
01-24-2014, 09:23 PM
Welcome!

Be sure to visit the Kahr-Tech sub forum and read through the "stickies" on the proper prep and lubrication of the kahr handgun.

-steve

RevRay
01-24-2014, 09:51 PM
Tell us what you've got ... and have you fired it yet ... and how did it go? Oh, and welcome to the forum & to Kahrs.

Alfonse
01-25-2014, 08:55 AM
Welcome. There are others from the PAC NW here as well. Some are even from the wet side...

remnar
01-26-2014, 10:16 PM
I got the CM9 and I haven't fired it yet. I've been reading the forums and hoping that I didn't make a mistake buying this pistol. I won't know until I put it through it's paces, but that might not be for a while. I moved last summer and need to join a new gun club, which looks to be very expensive in my new neighborhood. I will do all of the new gun preps suggested on the forum before getting to the range. So far everything looks ok, but this gun probably has more oil and grime on it than any other new gun that I've purchased.

JMI
01-27-2014, 01:43 AM
So far everything looks ok, but this gun probably has more oil and grime on it than any other new gun that I've purchased.

I would suggest you use Shooter's Choice or some other gun cleaning solvent and a toothbrush, field strip the weapon and scrub everywhere. Break the mags down and do the same. Spray clean with brake cleaner (a lot cheaper then Gun Scrubber) or similar product. Lube as per lube chart (http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=308) in the "stickys". Use brand name (no reloads) ball type ammo (124 grain work well) during 200-300 round break-in.

Unless there is something really wrong with the pistol the above will go a long way to ensuring an uneventful break-in.

If you live in the Seattle area you might want to look into the Kenmore Shooting Range (http://www.wcwinc.org/) (Wildlife Committee of Washington). It is a pretty good deal.

Jim

kahrlwallace
01-27-2014, 03:09 PM
I pulled the slide back probably 2000 times...It loosened up nicely and I had no problem "slingshotting" the 1st rd. I also cleaned it and followed the kahrlubepoints sticky. I used tulammo some hornady hp's and winchester white and had 200 rds failure free.

Bawanna
01-27-2014, 03:55 PM
I would suggest you use Shooter's Choice or some other gun cleaning solvent and a toothbrush, field strip the weapon and scrub everywhere. Break the mags down and do the same. Spray clean with brake cleaner (a lot cheaper then Gun Scrubber) or similar product. Lube as per lube chart (http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=308) in the "stickys". Use brand name (no reloads) ball type ammo (124 grain work well) during 200-300 round break-in.

Unless there is something really wrong with the pistol the above will go a long way to ensuring an uneventful break-in.

If you live in the Seattle area you might want to look into the Kenmore Shooting Range (http://www.wcwinc.org/) (Wildlife Committee of Washington). It is a pretty good deal.

Jim

Have you been to Kenmore range recently JMI? Just curious. I haven't been there in a very long time due to butting heads with range officers. I was gonna go back and break my shotgun out of moth balls, never had issues with the shotgunrange guys but I heard in the 30 years since I been there nothing has changed.

Heard there were several improvements to the facility but still the same attitude.

I use NorPoint up in Arlington. Indoor, nice facility for pistol, not much good for rifle of course and no trap or skeet of course.

Tell us where your at kahrlwallace in ball park terms maybe we can help.

JMI
01-27-2014, 04:58 PM
Have you been to Kenmore range recently JMI? Just curious. I haven't been there in a very long time due to butting heads with range officers. I was gonna go back and break my shotgun out of moth balls, never had issues with the shotgunrange guys but I heard in the 30 years since I been there nothing has changed.

Heard there were several improvements to the facility but still the same attitude.

I use NorPoint up in Arlington. Indoor, nice facility for pistol, not much good for rifle of course and no trap or skeet of course.

Tell us where your at kahrlwallace in ball park terms maybe we can help.

Was there last week. Yes, there was a contentious range master there who retired several years ago (I've been shooting there since the early 1980's). Price of membership has risen, just renewed our family membership for $200 a year but I still think it is a bargain. You get 15% off ammo purchases and pay no range fees. Still have to pay for discounted rounds of trap. Have not shot any trap for years. There has been much improvements with sound abatement and the pistol range is much nicer then it was 10 years ago. Members can apply for special use privileges, the best of which I consider a gate key that allows early morning access (no actual shooting prior to 9AM) and also special use access to the 300 yard rifle range. If you can keep your shots on the paper at 25 yards you can use the pistol range when it is normally closed to the public.

Stop by, I think you will be impressed.

I'm not familiar with Norpoint in Arlington.

Jim

remnar
01-28-2014, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the tips everyone. I'm on the Olympic Peninsula and there is a range less than five miles from my house. I'll be checking it out when I have the time.