PDA

View Full Version : G2 research R.I.P. Ammunition

Acasper708
01-25-2014, 03:26 PM
Check this bad mofo out!!!
http://youtu.be/mJGH7cDFw7c

I'm curious what the performance of the .380 will be.

Longitude Zero
01-26-2014, 11:53 AM
Mods merge this with the other thread on this totally BS ammo.

Acasper708
01-27-2014, 11:58 PM
Yea. They can just scrap the thread.

warbird1
01-28-2014, 11:15 AM
I want some myself.

TheTman
01-28-2014, 06:21 PM
This might be useful for apartment dwellers, like the magsafe and other frangible ammo. Other than that, I don't see much benefit in it. If you want your pistol to act more like a shotgun, grab a shotgun to begin with. It may have applications that it is well suited for, but none come to mind other than the one I've already mentioned.

cacacar
01-30-2014, 06:32 AM
I am undecided as to whether or not this could be an effective SD round. The ad is too dramatic and not subjective enough in my opinion. Towards the end there is a segment where they fire one round into gelatin and the damage done really looks quite impressive. Unlike frangible ammo it does have a base projectile that continues to penetrate after the projectiles come off, so I would like to know what the weight is and how far it penetrates. I am also curious as to how it is affected by clothing. I would like to see an unbiased test before I pass judgment.

Longitude Zero
01-30-2014, 08:36 AM
This might be useful for apartment dwellers, like the magsafe and other frangible ammo. Other than that, I don't see much benefit in it. If you want your pistol to act more like a shotgun, grab a shotgun to begin with. It may have applications that it is well suited for, but none come to mind other than the one I've already mentioned.

Agreed. My son just located a box on 20 rounds online. Price is $66USD + $20 USD shipping charges.

chrish
01-30-2014, 10:29 AM
This stuff claims to be barrier defeating, so it's not the same as the frangible stuff like magsafe, guarddog, etc. If it works and doesn't plug, interesting concept. But I agree, need to see independent tests with gel, denim, windshields before I'd consider it. At this point it's just marketing hype from the manufacturer.

But if it does what it claims...it'll rip right thru your walls like everything else. Poor shot placement people beware just like every other round out there.

b4uqzme
01-30-2014, 07:36 PM
I think it looks interesting although the name is a bit tasteless. And I'd hate to explain that stuff in a court case. Still, better to be judged by six than carried by six.