PDA

View Full Version : To trade or not to trade

smo79
01-27-2014, 10:39 PM
Just looking for some feedback on an idea that has taken hold in my puny little brain. I am possibly looking into getting rid of my gen 3 Glock 20 and possibly try to trade it for a pm9 or cm9. I don't mind the 10 mm but it is pretty pricey stuff when you do not hand load your ammo. Almost all of my other guns are either 9mm or 45. Any thoughts are welcome I just a interested what others would do with it.

mr surveyor
01-27-2014, 11:05 PM
if you like the 10mm, for a couple hundred bucks in basic tools that will store away in a small tool box you can reload for about half the price of factory ammunition. I'm not a glock fan myself, nor a 10mm fan, but if I liked it I wouldn't let the cost of factory ammunition drive me away. :D

RevRay
01-28-2014, 06:06 AM
How easy is it to get the bullets ... or would you have to pour your own?

jeepster09
01-28-2014, 06:36 AM
I know you can get a 40 coversion for the 10mm, how about a 9mm conversion? It might be an option.

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=241

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=954&CAT=241

smo79
01-28-2014, 06:40 AM
To be honest if I were going to reload I would have to buy instead of pour. I don't have have any reloading equipment yet. That is not to say that I couldn't save up and purchase it.

b4uqzme
01-28-2014, 07:54 AM
I support anyone thinking about trading any Glock for any Kahr. Just not the other way around. :D

Truthfully, my Kahrs are the guns I'd never trade or sell. With the others my interest comes and goes.

You will certainly find a Kahr 9mm more useful IMO. "Puny little brain"?...definitely not...you are brilliant. ;)

berettabone
01-28-2014, 08:28 AM
A friend of mine has a Glock 20..................fun, but not real practical. Maybe an MK9 or .40?

smo79
01-28-2014, 12:47 PM
That is more along the lines that I am thinking. My favorite pistol is my kimber 1911 which is so comfortable in the hand. My CW9 is so close to replicating that comfort it just fits my hand like a glove. The other problem is I find that every time I wear my iwb holster with my glock 26 around the house in preparation when I get my CCL I find that I constantly have to hitch my pants up. I have a instructor belt from wilderness tactical and a comptac minotaur holster which I love by the weight drives me nuts with my glock. Doesn't happen when I trade out the kydex shell in the holster with my kahr. The 10 mm is great but I really would like to be able to practice more with cheaper ammo.

GLOCKROCKER
01-28-2014, 03:39 PM
What do you want for it? Been seriously thinking about getting one for hunting. My son has one and I really like it. Is it a SF model?

smo79
01-28-2014, 04:16 PM
No, it actaully isn't an SF model it is a regular old blocky model that feels like you are holding onto a 2 x 4. I still don't know if I want to get rid of it but I have caught the new gun bug. The only thing is I also have 17 various rounds of ammo and I am still having trouble finding 9mm on a regular basis.

smo79
01-28-2014, 04:18 PM
Whoops meant to say 17 various boxes of ammo. :rolleyes:

yqtszhj
01-28-2014, 06:20 PM
Truthfully, my Kahrs are the guns I'd never trade or sell. With the others my interest comes and goes.

Exactly. I traded a CW9 for a CM9 and wish I would have just bought the CM9. I did get a good price for the CW9 but it doesn't lessen the pain.

I traded a Colt King Cobra and an XDs and don't miss either one of those.

To the original question if you aren't sure about trading/selling it, I can tell you from experience, don't do it.