PDA

View Full Version : Mech-Tech Systems Business Ethics

jg rider
01-30-2014, 04:46 PM
A little FYI for those who have or are getting Mech-Tech CCUs

http://www.mechtechsys.com/

As some of you who have read some of my past post probably know, the wife and I are a mine, hers and ours couple. Except in this case there isn't a hers anymore.

We both own /owned Mech-Tech carbine conversion units. Me a .45 1911 unit. And hers a Glock 17 CCU

Her CCU suddenly developed the nasty habit of shearing the extractor pivot pin, which would cause stove pipes. I called to ask for a replacement pin but they refused to send me one. Saying because of all the changes they'd made, they were afraid of liability issues. So I had to send the unit back to Mech-Tech for repair. I paid for shipping, insurance and signature upon delivery. After they fixed it, they called me to say I needed to pay for return shipping plus insurance. I had no problem paying for this, plus I required a signature upon delivery so that some one would have to be home to except it.
After some time the pivot pin broke again. I was asked to send it back. So again I paid shipping insurance and signature required.

After waiting some time I called Mech-Tech to ask the status of my wife's CCU. I was told that it had been delivered to my front door several days before, on a day we were away. I told them there was no package at my house and that I hadn't been notified of it shipping.
So I called Fed-X to ask if possibly it was delivered to the wrong address. They told me it was delivered and left at my front door, because Mech-Tech hadn't required a signature. They also told me that Mech-Tech hadn't taken out any insurance which is a mote poiut after it's delivered

I called Mech-Tech back and asked what they were going to do about the missing CCU. I was told "nothing" They said since it was delivered to my front door, it was my problem, I asked why they hadn't taken out insurance or required a signature. They said they never do unless the customer is willing to pay for it. I told them that I hadn't been notified that my CCU was going to ship, so I didn't have the option to get insurance and a signature request upon delivery so that if the delivery was made when no one was home the package wouldn't be left at the front door. They still refused to replace my CCU

So she's out a $400.00 CCU and some thief has it and can do what they want with it
All this because Mech-Tech didn't want to spend a dollar or two to require a signature

Last night I read a post by some one else who was on vacation and had to have a friend pick up his new CCU from his front porch because it was left there

Mech-Tech's product may be OK, but IMO their business ethics stink

I hope this helps someone in the future. If not with Mech-Tech then with another company. I always request when shipping back to me that a signature is required.

I've reported it stolen and I've filed complaints with Montana and my states consumer protection agency. Also with the BBB. It's not gonna get my unit back
John

ltxi
01-30-2014, 05:37 PM
Gray area. My position has always been unless the merchant offers/specifies/requires signature required as a delivery option it's still their responsibility if left unattended and until it's in my hands.

laserfish
01-30-2014, 06:30 PM
The way I see it, they chose deliberately to not require a signature. This indicates that they are responsible until it is in the owners possession. On the porch is not in my possession. I think I would ask my unfriendly attorney to write them a very unfriendly letter. Maybe next time they will cough up the extra 2.50

b4uqzme
01-30-2014, 07:21 PM
Bummer. I kinda like those things.

kwh
01-30-2014, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Had at one time considered one for my Colt Officers.