PDA

View Full Version : Deadly virus killing dogs.

TheTman
01-30-2014, 06:41 PM
While not gun related, I know many of us consider our dogs part of the family. There is a deadly new disease called circovirus that is going around, and can kill your dog in a just a few days. So far there have been cases in Ohio, Michigan, Arizona, and California. This video tells more about the symptoms and treatment. No vaccine is available at this time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39bximfaM0w

b4uqzme
01-30-2014, 07:13 PM
I'm sitting here watching "I Am Legend" and it's at the scene where the dog dies. Eerie.

But thanks for the post. I'll keep a closer watch on my buds.

kwh
01-30-2014, 07:39 PM
It is true a few months ago there were reported deaths from dogs dying with gastrointestinal symptoms and were found with a virus new to dogs named circovirus. It is also true within the past 4-6 weeks this virus was found not to have been the cause of their death and probably not even disease. This virus was found to be a normal resident in dogs intestine and many (most?) have this as a normal resident in their digestive tract. At worse, it may cause more severe symptoms in a dog with vomiting /diarrhea already, but even that is not for sure. Of course get your pet examined for these symptoms, it may or may not be serious, but no panic over a new deadly virus. I hate the way the News Media distorts facts to raise ratings Example= we all know the real story behind Zimmerman. Also at this time, the news media is using the same tactics on a policeman in Charlotte N.C. charged in a fatal shooting by leaving out a lot of the facts. Fear, anger and social unrest sells more papers. Keep yourself informed, the news won't.

TheTman
01-30-2014, 07:43 PM
Ok, KWH, thanks for the info. I just saw the report and thought I'd mention it. Better safe than to lose an old friend.

kwh
01-30-2014, 07:46 PM
I am with you, I still miss our yellow Lab we had for 15 years.

b4uqzme
01-30-2014, 07:56 PM
Ok, KWH, thanks for the info. I just saw the report and thought I'd mention it. Better safe than to lose an old friend.

Agreed. Thanks again.

WMac19
01-30-2014, 07:58 PM
Whew! I have three, a Cane Corso, Shiloh Shepherd and Chocolate Lab all lying around my feet at the moment. Just the thought of similar is scary.