PDA

View Full Version : New to Khar

root
02-01-2014, 07:00 PM
Went to my LGS today with the intention of finding a new carry piece. Been carrying a heavy, full metal S&W 4566 for some time now. Great gun, has never once failed me, and I will continue to carry until I have been able to find the time to properly break in my Khar.... but I think by the time it warms up I'll be rocking this tiny little CM9 I picked up today!

I was looking for an XDS-9... the LGS had some in stock, it felt good, but the price was too far above retail so I started looking around. Handled a Shield, was really interested in coming home with it so it'll match the S&W memorabilia I have in the house and my still-current carry pistol mentioned above.

Oh, whats this? They have Khars? Nice, I've heard about them. Smooth trigger pull. American made. Let me hold that one, please. Feels good. Price was alright at $430, wasn't going to cry over that. Done deal. I hate shopping, I want in-and-out wherever I go. Walked in the LGS, had a gun picked out in 10 minutes and spent another 10 waiting for the lady to come out of the back with a box while my info was ran at the register.

Little guy feels good. I can already tell it'll be much more enjoyable to carry this fella' around than my heavy S&W 45. :)

Picked up 250 rounds of ammo, need to find a time to go to the range, however to test her out and break her in. Afterwards, it's find a holster with a mag pouch, buy an extra magazine or four and call it my EDC gun.

I'm the new guy, nice to meet you.

RRP
02-01-2014, 07:02 PM
Welcome aboard and congrats on your purchase. Be sure to root around and read the prep and lube threads before you take it to the range. Keep us posted.

RevRay
02-01-2014, 07:43 PM
A CM9 is a great first Kahr ... but like Wise Potato Chips ... I bet you can't eat just one!

b4uqzme
02-01-2014, 07:55 PM
welcome --- I'm convinced that the cm9 is about the most perfect carry piece you can find.... even though I don't own one.

yqtszhj
02-02-2014, 12:19 AM
Welcome to the forum. You made a good choice. I love my CM9. You have a cranky neighbor named Jocko that lives in your neck of the woods that may chime in soon. He's a wealth if info but doesn't type too good.

Check for the proper prep thread and lube thread of a new Kahr (one of which jocko had a part in) ad that should get you ready for you're first outing.

Again, welcome to the forum

addictedhealer
02-02-2014, 06:41 AM
Another Hoosier, we are multiplying around here.

Welcome and enjoy.

Let us know how it shoots.

Also PJ holsters are super popular around here, I'm waiting to receive mine.

What part of Indiana?

AIRret
02-02-2014, 06:54 AM
Welcome aboard!
Definitely!!!!!! do the proper prep.
You'll love this forum.

root
02-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Another Hoosier, we are multiplying around here.

Welcome and enjoy.

Let us know how it shoots.

Also PJ holsters are super popular around here, I'm waiting to receive mine.

What part of Indiana?

South eastern Indiana. The Ohio river is about 60 yards from my house. Any further south, you're in Kentucky :)

addictedhealer
02-02-2014, 11:53 AM
South eastern Indiana. The Ohio river is about 60 yards from my house. Any further south, you're in Kentucky :)

Good deal, I'm a little further north in Bloomington.. Hoosiers!.... Sure hope you're not a UK fan or Louisville, or we are gonna have a problem!

root
02-03-2014, 08:56 PM
Good deal, I'm a little further north in Bloomington.. Hoosiers!.... Sure hope you're not a UK fan or Louisville, or we are gonna have a problem!

No sir, Hoosier nation baby!

I was never a student, but worked for IU for a while and lived in Bloomington for a few years. I'm a young dude so it was a fun town for a while, but I don't think I want to live there ever again. Too pricey, and too many students. Bloomington is -awesome- in the Summer time though. Like 40% of the population just vanishes :)

addictedhealer
02-04-2014, 05:51 AM
No sir, Hoosier nation baby!

I was never a student, but worked for IU for a while and lived in Bloomington for a few years. I'm a young dude so it was a fun town for a while, but I don't think I want to live there ever again. Too pricey, and too many students. Bloomington is -awesome- in the Summer time though. Like 40% of the population just vanishes :)

No I agree completely. We have lived in Bloomington for a little over two years and thinking about moving. For sure is expensive..

SaltyNC
02-04-2014, 09:45 AM
I was looking for an XDS-9...

Root, I was, too, and somehow ended up with the little brother of your CM9, a Kahr CW380. :)

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum.

SaltyNC