PDA

View Full Version : C&R discount and Tasers

aray
02-01-2014, 10:50 PM
Two related things for those of you who may be in the market:

First, some vendors as you may know offer discounts to 03 FFL C&R holders. (Midway USA used to do that, for example, but just stopped the program Jan. 1 of this year.)

But for those of you who, like me, do have an an 03 FFL, to the list of vendors offering a discount you might want to check out Summit Gun Supply: http://www.summitgunsupply.com/discounts/ They offer a 5% discount to military & law enforcement, and a 3% discount to C&R FFL holders.

Their inventory selection is pretty limited: optics, triggers, Tasers, etc. but if you're in the market for one of those things, every little bit of savings helps.

Second, I'm in one of the states where it is almost impossible to get a carry permit. So Tasers or pepper spray are about all we can do here in Maryland. I just picked up a C2 Taser from them for my wife. MSRP for a C2 model is $400 but you can often find them online for closer to the $350-$360 range. Summit was the cheapest I could find anywhere: $325. Then I applied my 03 FFL discount and got it for $315 (plus $8 shipping). I think that's about as low as you're going to get; at least I didn't see anything cheaper.

Standard disclaimer: I don't work for Summit & have no interest in their company. But it was a great price for a Taser for my wife; check it out for those of you in a similar market.