PDA

View Full Version : Joined CCW Safe

knkali
02-07-2014, 12:06 PM
www.CCWSAFE.com (http://www.CCWSAFE.com)

I joined. Could be a scam? Took a chance. After my encounter with the guy wielding a big ol knife and threatening me, my attitude about trying to find some sort of assistance if the SHTF became more important. Like I said, not sure if I bought a dose of hope and magic dust, but letting others here know what's out there.

JohnR
02-07-2014, 01:11 PM
Keep us posted. I was thinking about that the other day, the price isn't bad.

chrish
02-07-2014, 04:25 PM
I think some kind of coverage in this area is a good idea. I've been hearing the CCWSafe ads on the radio but haven't looked into them. There are a number of options out there, but which one is best, don't know yet. Everybody that carries should give some thought to having this kind of coverage.

Captquest
02-07-2014, 05:24 PM
Thanks for posting, I hear a couple of these advertising and giving it some thought. I believe the NRA will help you also if you're a member, any one know more about this?

Longitude Zero
02-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Better than nothing IMHO. This area of the law/insurance is way too young to be able to accurately portray whether it is helpful and how helpful.

kwh
02-07-2014, 06:51 PM
www.CCWSAFE.com (http://www.CCWSAFE.com)

I joined. Could be a scam? Took a chance. After my encounter with the guy wielding a big ol knife and threatening me, my attitude about trying to find some sort of assistance if the SHTF became more important. Like I said, not sure if I bought a dose of hope and magic dust, but letting others here know what's out there.
I was wondering how you were doing emotionally after the incident. Was a frightening encounter and a lesson to always be prepared.

knkali
02-07-2014, 10:45 PM
I was wondering how you were doing emotionally after the incident. Was a frightening encounter and a lesson to always be prepared.

Thank you for asking. I am fine.

knkali
02-07-2014, 10:52 PM
Thanks for posting, I hear a couple of these advertising and giving it some thought. I believe the NRA will help you also if you're a member, any one know more about this?

NRA will help you? Really? Any case come to mind? Where was the NRA when Zimmerman was under the microscope. The NRA is an important political force only IMHO. I support the NRA. Where was GOA? Frontsight's Dr. XYZ and other outspoken 2A organizations. No man, you shoot someone in self defense and you are on your own. That simple.

knkali
02-07-2014, 11:01 PM
Better than nothing IMHO. This area of the law/insurance is way too young to be able to accurately portray whether it is helpful and how helpful.

Their lack of telling how strong they are in membership or financially is unnerving though. It would be much more comforting if you walk into any gun store, range pro shop or large gun shows to find them presenting brochures or find them more active on large gun forums. unfortunately, that is not the case---yet?

I invite them( if I could) to contribute to this thread.

Longitude Zero
02-08-2014, 09:56 AM
Their lack of telling how strong they are in membership or financially is unnerving though. It would be much more comforting if you walk into any gun store, range pro shop or large gun shows to find them presenting brochures or find them more active on large gun forums. unfortunately, that is not the case---yet?

I invite them( if I could) to contribute to this thread.

They have made very minimal forays on other forums I visit but no long term staying power and they were resistant to answering questions on the forums.

knkali
02-08-2014, 12:57 PM
The $64K question is: Why?

Then there is the USCCA that covers bail, missing wage per day while in court and damages.

I guess one could have both but are you just going further into the rabbit hole doing this?

chrish
02-08-2014, 03:04 PM
It's kinda like carrying LTD and STD coverage in case you are unable to work for some period of time. As with any insurance, what's the likelihood and what's it worth to you? You are no doubt much more likely to need disability coverage in life than you are to need coverage in case of a self defense shooting incident. Many people are covered for the former by their employers, but self employed and part time employed folks are not. And most of those folks don't carry any coverage for loss of income or loss of work. Go figure.

knkali
02-09-2014, 05:51 PM
to finish the thread. USCCA has the same language that acquittal or dropped charges must happen before they reimburse so.........

Longitude Zero
02-09-2014, 06:57 PM
to finish the thread. USCCA has the same language that acquittal or dropped charges must happen before they reimburse so.........

And in that case you get the best defense YOU can afford.

knkali
02-09-2014, 09:13 PM
And in that case you get the best defense YOU can afford.

That isn't much I am afraid so the CCWsafe will be needed.

muggsy
02-10-2014, 09:33 AM
NRA will help you? Really? Any case come to mind? Where was the NRA when Zimmerman was under the microscope. The NRA is an important political force only IMHO. I support the NRA. Where was GOA? Frontsight's Dr. XYZ and other outspoken 2A organizations. No man, you shoot someone in self defense and you are on your own. That simple.

The Heller case for one where the supreme Court ruled that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right. There have been other cases in which the NRA has participated. I suggest that you ask them and report your findings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_of_Columbia_v._Heller