PDA

View Full Version : TP9 slide vertical motion

tjm
02-08-2014, 10:09 AM
I was doing some dry firing practice and I noticed every time I pull the trigger, the front sight moves down. As I look at the gun from the side I noticed that as I pull the trigger back, the slide raises slightly, and when the trigger releases the slide moves back down to its original position.
Is this a problem?
The gun is brand new.

FLBri
02-08-2014, 10:48 AM
I was doing some dry firing practice and I noticed every time I pull the trigger, the front sight moves down. As I look at the gun from the side I noticed that as I pull the trigger back, the slide raises slightly, and when the trigger releases the slide moves back down to its original position.
Is this a problem?
The gun is brand new.

This wont happen when the extractor is locked onto a rim in the chamber. It occurs when "dry firing" only, though it should be pretty slight.

jocko
02-08-2014, 10:52 AM
not an issue with a loaded magazine in thegun the slide will not do that, Ur producing a scenario that is not designed todo when the gun is loaded. Shoot the fokker like u stole it.

tjm
02-08-2014, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the reply guys, glad its nothing serious.

muggsy
02-12-2014, 12:18 PM
Yer not supposed to look at the sights from the side. You're supposed to look at the sights from the rear. That probably why you're having such a problem hitting the target. No need to thank me for the advice. I aim to please. :)

hardluk1
02-13-2014, 05:38 AM
Just don't look at the sights from the muzzle end !

tjm
02-25-2014, 06:24 AM
Ah. That explains the dirty looks from the guys in the stalls next to me at the range...

tjm
03-18-2014, 12:32 PM
Update: Jocko's right again. Tried again after cleaning it post-range & not an issue anymore with an unloaded magazine in the gun. Paranoia, like ignorance, is an awful thing :) I'll just get back to shooting said fokker like I stole it :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

hardluk1
03-18-2014, 03:51 PM
It's Just the learning curve needed sometimes with a new firearm. Love them big kahrs