PDA

View Full Version : para expert carry disassembly help

tx_native
02-17-2014, 10:54 AM
just bought this para expert carry. i am trying to disassemble to clean and cant remove recoil spring. it is bushingless so i am assuming it needs to be compressed to clear the barrel but i am not able to do that.

what is the trick?

Bawanna
02-17-2014, 11:10 AM
I can't say for positive sure but I'm guessing there is a little hole in the recoil spring guide rod.

I just take a paper clip, put a little bend on the end of it about 1/4" or a tad more, a 90degree on the end.
Lock the slide back and you should be able to see it. Stick the paper clip in the hole with the straight part sticking out the front.
Ease the slide forward and the recoil spring should be compressed.

tx_native
02-17-2014, 11:28 AM
I can't say for positive sure but I'm guessing there is a little hole in the recoil spring guide rod.

I just take a paper clip, put a little bend on the end of it about 1/4" or a tad more, a 90degree on the end.
Lock the slide back and you should be able to see it. Stick the paper clip in the hole with the straight part sticking out the front.
Ease the slide forward and the recoil spring should be compressed.

there is no hole and no tool was included. it is frustrating. i am trying to call them now. i looked all over the interwebs and there is no disassembly video for this model. even the manual that came with it only shows disassembly for a 1911 with a bushing. aargh.

Bawanna
02-17-2014, 11:47 AM
Is there an allen head on the end of the recoil spring on the front?

No bushing at all?

I looked at my CCW and it's a one piece rod with the allen head and a bushing.

The Para Website doesn't help a bit.

tx_native
02-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Is there an allen head on the end of the recoil spring on the front?

No bushing at all?

I looked at my CCW and it's a one piece rod with the allen head and a bushing.

The Para Website doesn't help a bit.

the website is lacking. there isnt an allen head. the bushing part does look like it comes loose a little bit after i have decompressed the spring a bit, but i cant push the bushing down hard enough to release it.

i would take a picture of it but i am on hold with them now. have been for about 30 minutes. not a good start to this relationship.

Bawanna
02-17-2014, 12:40 PM
I still think you'll find a hole in that rod someplace. If there isn't a barrel bushing there nearly has to be.

tx_native
02-17-2014, 01:07 PM
i called Para and they said that i just have to decompress the spring and be forceful pulling it over the barrel loop. finally got it disassembled and cleaned. takes some getting used. so it is more like a semi-auto than a traditional 1911.

jeepster09
02-17-2014, 01:27 PM
I am not sure if that model is a LDA, here is a dissessembly vid on LDA models.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ds7kg2hz3o

b4uqzme
02-17-2014, 04:17 PM
Tx_. I have the LDA verison of the Carry. If the slides are the same, the barrels are indeed bushingless. There is a bushing for the recoil spring. You are right that the recoil spring assembly needs to be compressed but there is no trick to it. Just weazel a screwdriver in there and push (if you cannot move it by hand). FYI: that plate at the barrel lug end of the recoil spring is part of the recoil assembly. That's what you need to push on. Then it should lift out.

Is that what you are after? I hope it helps.

tx_native
02-19-2014, 02:51 PM
it was a booger but finally able to release.

muggsy
03-25-2014, 01:31 PM
Manual PDF

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod_mans/00051-0000056531-002.pdf