PDA

View Full Version : SHOT Show coverage: the new Kahr models

Purple Mountain Outdoors
02-18-2014, 11:22 AM
I realize this may be old news, but I thought I might share my coverage from the SHOT Show. Enjoy:

http://youtu.be/bi9FWnNnDFM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12GA
02-18-2014, 11:54 AM
Nice-thanks for sharing that. I'll definitely take a close look at the CT45.

Purple Mountain Outdoors
02-18-2014, 11:57 AM
Thanks for watching!

downtownv
02-18-2014, 05:16 PM
That must have been exciting to be there!
Thanks for the up close and personal!

Purple Mountain Outdoors
02-18-2014, 07:17 PM
It was exciting! I'm excited to bring more footage to you guys at the next one.

Pointblank
03-23-2014, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the update. Call me crazy, but an item that I might have to depend on to save my life is not where I want to save a little money. I'd go with the T series.

DT Guy
03-23-2014, 10:24 AM
I agree, if the extra is going toward durability, accuracy or reliability. If it's going for frills that don't affect functioning (as with the 'C' series Kahr pistols) I think it makes perfect sense.

As an analogy, I've got great paint on my bike, but wouldn't spend what it cost on a work truck.

Larry

Purple Mountain Outdoors
03-24-2014, 05:08 AM
The savings has absolutely nothing to do with function or reliability. The extra money goes to a fancier slide, more upgradable sights, and a match grade barrel.

With the savings you could buy a holster, ammo, and range time. You would still have the exact trigger and reliability.

Pointblank
03-24-2014, 06:11 AM
Are the slide stop levers MIM like in the CW series?

hardluk1
03-24-2014, 09:30 AM
I have a to lower priced models with MIM parts , A cm9 and cw9 and one higher price TP40 and have a few thousand rounds thru each with zero issues. I have not heard of any MIM slide stop levels breaking but have heard of a atleast one two pieced machined slide stop coming apart on a higher priced model !! All my kahrs serve as carry pistols.

MIM parts have been used for decades by many companies and see no problems today except with people perception of quality.

Purple Mountain Outdoors
03-26-2014, 05:07 AM
Are the slide stop levers MIM like in the CW series?

Yes they are, doesn't seem to be an issue in my experience.

Pointblank
03-26-2014, 05:48 AM
MIM:

http://www.chuckhawks.com/metal_injection_molding.htm

DT Guy
03-26-2014, 05:08 PM
MIM:

http://www.chuckhawks.com/metal_injection_molding.htm

The most important line in that link is the first:

I do not claim to be a metallurgist

Larry

Pointblank
03-27-2014, 04:32 AM
I think this is the most important quote:

"While the process has its adherents, others disagree about its use, claiming that the process is simply a cost cutting measure and can, more importantly, become a quality control issue."

So we agree to differ. Have a good day.

muggsy
03-27-2014, 06:53 AM
MIM does not mean pot metal. There is nothing wrong with MIM parts in a gun. MIM parts are use in medicine, aircraft, automotive applications and in space exploration It's time to join the rest of us in the 21 century. You need to do a little research, Pointblank. (And I thought that I was old and set in my ways.) :)

Purple Mountain Outdoors
03-27-2014, 08:37 AM
Some of the finest knife steels are made from powdered metals.