PDA

View Full Version : New member, first time Kahr owner. My thoughts!

Mross1990
02-20-2014, 04:03 AM
Hey guys how's it going? New member here! Just picked up my first Kahr I've ever owned. CW9. I was impressed with it at the shop. Love how light it is! I pretty much bought that and sold my M&P shield 40 same day lol. Anyways, I took it too the range along with its new brother the ruger sr9c. Well it shot anything factory ammo wise. I had just got into reloading about a week ago and made a few rounds to take to the range. Kahr cw9 seemed to do ok until the last shot the slide didn't lock open. My ruger didn't like them AT ALL. Anyways the were starting loads not a lot of powder so I'm gonna try again this weekend. I think I'm gonna love this gun after I break it in. But what's up with the one magazine they give you?!?! I was disappointed there cause I shoot a lot. I noticed before buying and cleaning cw9 seems to have a really steep feed ramp. Idk never seen it kinda caught me off guard lol. I'm now I'm blabbing. I'll get back you guys this weekend with an update! Take care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RevRay
02-20-2014, 02:18 PM
Congratulations on a good first outing ... and welcome to KahrTalk.

SaltyNC
02-20-2014, 03:04 PM
Mross,

Kahr only supplies one magazine with their "budget" models. The budget models are so similar to their premium line, I guess they have to do something to make them different. I just ordered an extra magazine when I ordered my CW380.

Welcome to the forum. There are some great stickies here on prepping and maintenance.

SaltyNC

b4uqzme
02-20-2014, 04:17 PM
Welcome. Thanks for sharing your "thoughts". We don't always get much thinkin' around here. Enjoy your new pistol. Read the manual. Follow the stickies. And hold off on the reloads until after you complete your break-in. Just my humble advice.

Bill K
02-20-2014, 04:28 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Was any of that factory ammo SD/Carry ammo?

Mross1990
02-20-2014, 04:58 PM
I loaded one magazine of the hornady "zombie rounds" they cycled fine. That's what I plan on carrying in it.

feedramp
02-20-2014, 05:04 PM
Welcome to the forum Mross1990

Also relatively new here, I just picked up a CM9 last week.

Joined the forum before purchasing my Kahr, just to get some member insight .... and to see what I was getting myself into ... :typing:

trooplewis
02-20-2014, 07:02 PM
Before my first trip to the range I left the slide in the locked-open position all night.
Thought that might take a bit of the stiffness out of it. It cycled well with all kinds of factory ammo. Our slide springs have a reputation for being quite stiff, but I guess they rarely wear out as well.

Mross1990
02-20-2014, 08:50 PM
I already ordered a Wolff 23lb recoil spring replacement. If you have a round in the chamber pull the slide back slightly and it stays there and doesn't go back into battery and won't fire. Idk I'm still on the fence with my cw9 but I am taking to the range tmrw and have 500+ rounds to put through it so I'll give you guys an update tmrw night!

mva1985
02-20-2014, 09:07 PM
I've owned three Kahrs and have never had any problems with them until this last one. Two magazines two broken followers. I'm still a fan though.