PDA

View Full Version : Target shooting different Kahr models

kahrcrazy
09-18-2009, 01:49 PM
I've never done a side by side comparison of a P and TP series. Does anyone have real world experience in shooting both at the same time. How much difference does the extra length of a TP barrel make? Just wondering as Im considering picking up a TP9, but if its the same accuracy level of my P9 covert I may go with something different. Thanks to all.

oldtex
12-14-2010, 06:11 PM
I've never done a side by side comparison of a P and TP series. Does anyone have real world experience in shooting both at the same time. How much difference does the extra length of a TP barrel make? Just wondering as Im considering picking up a TP9, but if its the same accuracy level of my P9 covert I may go with something different. Thanks to all.

My wife and I have a K9, TP9, and PM9. I've put about 4k rds total through these three guns. I've not observed any difference in accuracy among the three.

Theoretically the longer sight radius of the TP9 could make a difference in one's ability to precisely aim the gun, but having a longer barrel per se doesn't make a firearm more accurate than one with a shorter barrel.

My wife likes the TP9 because she can consistently rack its slide. She cannot consistently rack the K9 or PM9.

ripley16
12-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Because I own both a P9 and TP9, and considered each as a potential CCW, I have tested them side by side. I have to agree with oldtex that as a practical matter, I can't tell a big difference between the largest Kahrs versus the smaller models as far as accuracy goes. I shoot the TP9 well, but it is the only model I have with the original factory sights, (which I don't really care for). Perhaps if I had better sights on the TP then I could report a descernable difference.

I don't want to dissuade you from buying a TP. It has become my favorite Kahr, even over my valued T9. I'm not even sure why I like it over my other Kahrs, something intangible, but I do.

100percent
01-07-2011, 07:26 PM
I think you will find that the longer barreled weapon easier to shoot more accurately but if you were to put each in a solid mount you would find that they would shoot about the same.

One of my pleasures in shooting handguns is to shoot the small gun as accurately as possible. I don't enter into competitions as I shoot on my own properties exclusively. Still I shoot my small guns (From North American 22s to snubbies and even my Kahr 40) at ranges up to about 50 yards. Some days I can be amazed and some days I can be quite disappointed.

I would pick the weapon that I liked the feel and or look of and get shootin!