PDA

View Full Version : Hollow Point Stuck in Chamber - Won't Extract (CW9).

Aegis
02-22-2014, 09:39 AM
Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this? The round chambered just fine, but the slide won't go back to extract. Thanks in advance.

sas PM9
02-22-2014, 10:31 AM
Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this? The round chambered just fine, but the slide won't go back to extract. Thanks in advance.

A:

There is another very recent thread about this.
I believe that the fix for this is as follows. . .

Take the magazine out of the pistol, Grip the slide in your left hand as tightly as you can then rap the back of the grip briskly with your free hand several times until the round ejects.

There is a video attached to the other thread too.

The problem seems to be caused by dirty, short or tight chamber and using something other than brass cased/nickel plated ammunition.
HTH.

-steve

ps. look in this thread, watch the video. " K9 Slide Will Not Open"

Tilos
02-22-2014, 11:45 AM
Put the barrel over a hole in a block of wood and push on the grip to push the slide back and open it.
If it's open with the bullet stuck, push a wooden dowel down the barrel to push it out.

...or close it and shoot it:o

Skybull
02-22-2014, 11:53 AM
This thread:
http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=22669

Worked for me with same problem.

Aegis
02-22-2014, 12:04 PM
Thanks for all of the help. I tried searching beforehand but my search parameters didn't give me anything I thought pertained to my problem.

I tried racking fast on a block of wood, but that didn't work. I wound up having to take it to a gunsmith, who was kind enough to clear it for free. Apparently the issue had nothing to do with it being a hollow point or with the extractor, but because there was something wrong with the barrel feed ramp.

kerby9mm
02-22-2014, 02:11 PM
If the round chambered what did he say was wrong with the feedramp?

downtownv
02-22-2014, 02:47 PM
Put the barrel over a hole in a block of wood and push on the grip to push the slide back and open it.
If it's open with the bullet stuck, push a wooden dowel down the barrel to push it out.

...or close it and shoot it:o

I keep 2 sizes 9mm/.40 and a larger .45 size) of wooden dowels in my range bag. can't tell you how many times I helped a stranger out with them....

Aegis
02-24-2014, 01:33 PM
If the round chambered what did he say was wrong with the feedramp?

He wasn't sure. He thought maybe they over-polished or dremeled when it went in for service. It was still a little dirty from them test firing it at the factory, but nothing severe. After I brought it home from the gunsmith and cleaned it up, another round got stuck in there when I tried to chamber + extract, but this time I was able to jimmy it loose by racking the slide repeatedly, as suggested.

I went to the range the next day, and the first round I chambered got hung up on the ramp, and I removed the magazine, extracted the round, and tried again. This time, no problem with the first round, or any of the following 50. Hopefully it just needed some extra breaking in to loosen things up.