PDA

View Full Version : CW380 Problems - Also, New Guy

jlr2267
02-23-2014, 04:30 PM
New member here from South Carolina. This is my 2nd Kahr, first was a CM9 that was a nice pistol after break-in. The CW380 thus far, has not been :-(

So here's the situation. I bought a new CW380 a few days ago and got it to the range today. As stated earlier, I have owned Kahr handguns before so I know they are initially very stiff and usually require a break-in of about 200 rounds. My CM9 would jam 1 in 5 shots until it broke in after 100 or so rounds.

This CW380 is another beast altogether. Last night, I cleaned and lubed meticulously, as I do all my firearms (and followed the recommended procedures on this forum). I noticed the slide was *extremely* stiff and difficult to lock back (I'm a big guy and have never struggled like that w/a pistol).

So today at the range, I lock the slide, load the first mag, release the lock and the round does not chamber, the slide is 1/8" short of full battery...no biggie, I thought, it's new and tight. I forced the slide forward and fired the first shot...same thing...1/4" out of battery this time...I kept going, thinking this would work itself out, but before I realized it I went through 300 rounds this way (yes, I am sick that I blew thru 300 rounds and still have a non-working gun). The last mag was no better than the first...no improvement whatsoever.

Out of the 300 rounds, I had 3 types, all brass round nose, all quality factory ammo. Maybe 5 or 6 out of 300 chambered without me forcing the slide forward. Many times I had to exert serious force to chamber the round. To add insult to injury, I had about 20 occurrences of the extractor failing to pull the spent shell, jamming the next round into the still-chambered case.

I've never had a firearm this bad before, so I'm not sure where to start. The feed ramp looks to be polished smooth, as does the chamber. As stiff as the recoil spring is, I would have never thought I'd see problems like this. With an empty mag, the slide will easily slam into full battery, so it's the ammo hanging up going into the chamber, but it happens with 3 different ammo types, so I'm sure it's not the ammo that's the problem..??

Any help is appreciated. :hungry:

jlr2267
02-24-2014, 09:11 AM
I guess I'll just send it back to Kahr. Never seen gun with a 97% failure rate...very disappointed.

SGT5711
02-24-2014, 09:13 AM
I would start by e-mailing Kahr. They will get it working right. Sorry for your troubles.

jlr2267
02-24-2014, 09:19 AM
Maybe email will work...calling did not. I was on hold for 15 minutes just to hear a recording saying the party I am calling is "not available"...WTH?

DavidR
02-24-2014, 09:22 AM
You have to wonder how something like that gets through the quality inspection. Did you try it with more than one magazine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlr2267
02-24-2014, 09:46 AM
You have to wonder how something like that gets through the quality inspection. Did you try it with more than one magazine?

Yes, I had the Kahr 6 and 7 round mags. Had the problem equally with both.

I don't know what the factory QC check is, but if they only loaded one round and test fired it, they would not see this problem.

Just curious, but the only thing I can see by inspecting the firearm is that the inner recoil spring is quite a bit shorter than the outer (maybe by 3/4 inch)...is that how it is designed?

wyntrout
02-24-2014, 11:11 AM
You may have an extractor problem. Lock the slide back and see if there's clearance under the extractor claw for the case rim to slide under the claw and be held for chambering, firing, and extraction.

I had a new P380 for Wifey and it had a bad extractor. There was no clearance for the case rim so the pistol was essentially blowback with assists needed to chamber a round for firing, but the extractor could not grab or retain the case rims.

http://www.kahrtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5808&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1335835489

The pistol went back to Kahr on their dime and the extractor train was replaced.

My post:

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=12742

In the following picture there is space for the case rim to slide under the claw of the new extractor.

http://www.kahrtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5839&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1336408617

Email Kahr with your pistol's serial number, an explanation of the problem, and any pictures that might help. I gave up after maybe a box of ammo... 300!!:eek:

Wynn:)

jlr2267
02-24-2014, 11:15 AM
There is room under the extractor for a case rim. I can slide a spent case under the claw with slight force. Looks to be tensioned properly.

wyntrout
02-24-2014, 11:21 AM
There could still be a problem. After you rack or release the slide, if the slide is not closed all of the way, pull the slide back and check to see if the extractor is indeed holding the cartridge. If not, then you still have an extractor problem. The claw may need deburring or radiusing... removing or smoothing a bit the edges that come into contact with the case rim. I had to do THAT with my P40. Sometime the areas of the breech face can use a bit of radiusing as well.

wyntrout
02-24-2014, 11:26 AM
I would use a live round, but be careful. Snap caps vary too much and Kahr advises not slamming the slide forward on a chambered round because that could damage the extractor.

If the extractor is holding the case, but not closing or chambering fully, then you may have a weak recoil assembly or some other impediment keeping the case from fully chambering.

jlr2267
02-24-2014, 11:27 AM
Ok, good suggestion. I will check it when I can get outside to load live rounds safely.

jlr2267
02-24-2014, 11:30 AM
I would use a live round, but be careful. Snap caps vary too much and Kahr advises not slamming the slide forward on a chambered round because that could damage the extractor.

If the extractor is holding the case, but not closing or chambering fully, then you may have a weak recoil assembly or some other impediment keeping the case from fully chambering.

Also, can you tell me if the 2 recoil springs are designed to equal length? Mine are not...the inner spring is about 3/4" shorter.

rjt123
02-24-2014, 12:20 PM
No, that doesn't sound normal. The inner and outer springs are about the same length with the inner being fractionally shorter (1/16 to 1/8 inch or so).

jlr2267
02-24-2014, 12:27 PM
No, that doesn't sound normal. The inner and outer springs are about the same length with the inner being fractionally shorter (1/16 to 1/8 inch or so).

So does this look like a potential problem?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/25/ru3e8eqa.jpg

rjt123
02-24-2014, 12:34 PM
So does this look like a potential problem?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/25/ru3e8eqa.jpg

That may not be the ONLY problem, but that doesn't look right to me. I would e-mail that picture to Kahr with a request for a new SET (both inner and outer) of springs. Good luck, and keep us updated!

wyntrout
02-24-2014, 01:48 PM
That is not correct. Mine is a P380, but the springs are about the same length and the coil count for the outer is about 13 1/2 with an outer diameter of 0.3755". The inner is about 16 full coils with an outer diameter of 0.297". The uncompressed (but old with a good set) length of both is about 2.4"

Your outer spring looks okay, but the inner one is very different and too short. I count only 14 coils on your inner.

Did the extractor latch onto the rim without help or assist in chambering from regular rack?

jlr2267
02-24-2014, 01:58 PM
That is not correct. Mine is a P380, but the springs are about the same length and the coil count for the outer is about 13 1/2 with an outer diameter of 0.3755". The inner is about 16 full coils with an outer diameter of 0.297". The uncompressed (but old with a good set) length of both is about 2.4"

Did the extractor latch onto the rim without help or assist in chambering from regular rack?

Ok, guess I'd better request the right springs from Kahr.

Also, I loaded a mag and released the slide (from lock) and the round chambered and the extractor was properly over the rim.

I will have to wait until I can shoot again to see if a "failure to return to battery" leaves the extractor disengaged. I think you may be onto something with the extractor, although it looks good and had no burrs when I did a detailed strip of the slide.

There's not much (if any) of a feed taper on the bottom of the claw for the rim to work into, so I imagine that very slight dimensional errors could cause an extraction issue (ugh!)

wyntrout
02-24-2014, 02:04 PM
I had to work on my P40 extractor with file/stone, and sandpaper a bit, but got it to chamber properly.

I don't see how that inner spring is doing anything for you and it's probably your problem.

jlr2267
02-24-2014, 02:19 PM
Thanks for your help. I have emailed Kahr with pics and details, asking to try new springs before sending it in. Hopefully they monitor email better than they monitor their calls to CS.

jlr2267
02-25-2014, 09:30 AM
I may have been too optimistic w/regard to Kahr CS. No response yet to either phone call or email. Do they have lots of warranty issues or are they just under-staffed?

Rubb
02-25-2014, 02:24 PM
Did you try disassembling and dropping a live round in the barrel?
It almost sounds like the chamber is slightly out of spec??

jlr2267
02-25-2014, 02:38 PM
Did you try disassembling and dropping a live round in the barrel?
It almost sound like the chamber is slightly out of spec??

Yes, dropped a few randomly selected and all plonked right in.

Rubb
02-25-2014, 02:42 PM
Cool, I'd say go with new springs and return to Kahr if it doesn't fix the problem..

jlr2267
02-25-2014, 02:47 PM
Cool, I'd say go with new springs and return to Kahr if it doesn't fix the problem..

If Kahr would only respond to my call or email, I would. Last time I had a problem gun (which is rare), I called Ruger and got a return authorization the same day. Had it back, repaired, in 6 days. Doesn't seem to be going that smoothly with Kahr :-(

wyntrout
02-25-2014, 03:16 PM
I haven't had contact for a while... used to have a specific person to email, but he has a new job. Here's the contact info:

http://www.kahr.com/faq.asp#q15

Q. I can repair my own gun and do not wish to send it to the factory. Can I get a replacement part?

A. Simply contact the service department at 508-795-3919 or send an e-mail to service@kahr.com to receive a replacement part.

I usually got fast answers when addressing a particular person.

jlr2267
02-26-2014, 11:06 AM
Hmmmm...3rd day with no response from Kahr CS. I went ahead and ordered new springs.

It's awesome to get a new gun and then have to buy new OEM parts for it to make it work. Losing confidence really fast in Kahr as a company.

Rubb
02-26-2014, 01:43 PM
Hmmmm...3rd day with no response from Kahr CS. I went ahead and ordered new springs.

It's awesome to get a new gun and then have to buy new OEM parts for it to make it work. Losing confidence really fast in Kahr as a company.

Did you try calling, off peak?

jlr2267
02-26-2014, 01:48 PM
Did you try calling, off peak?

Yes, tried twice today, once yesterday. No response to my detailed email (with pics).

They did however ship the springs (that I paid for) quickly as I already got the shipping notice. I just hope that fixes it because I do not want to have to further deal with their CS, based on my experience thus far.

wyntrout
02-26-2014, 02:11 PM
I hope that the springs fix your problem. I sent an email to service@kahr.com with a link here and the picture of your springs. I can't believe that no one emailed or talked to you. I would always advise sending an email with the pistol serial#, a description of the problem, and documenting photos.

Good luck.

jlr2267
02-26-2014, 02:18 PM
I hope that the springs fix your problem. I sent an email to service@kahr.com with a link here and the picture of your springs. I can't believe that no one emailed or talked to you. I would always advise sending an email with the pistol serial#, a description of the problem, and documenting photos.

Good luck.

Thanks. That's the same address to which I sent my original email (with pics etc). If I worked at Kahr, I'd be very interested in knowing how (or if) the wrong springs were getting out the back door.

jlr2267
02-27-2014, 11:21 AM
Got to speak with a live person today (British accent) who said they need the pistol back. They are going to email me a UPS shipping label. I hope they can get it running. We will see.

jlr2267
03-10-2014, 04:39 PM
No word on my CW380 after 7 days at the factory. I'll update the thread weekly until resolution. Sure hope they can get it running.

jlr2267
03-17-2014, 08:33 AM
2 weeks into the saga, no word from Kahr.

:-(

jlr2267
03-24-2014, 09:18 AM
3 weeks and counting. No contact from Kahr...no emails, no phone calls...nothing.

DavidR
03-24-2014, 10:40 AM
Hang in there. Hopefully they're working on it now and you'll have it back soon.

Pointblank
03-25-2014, 04:22 AM
I'm not sure why your experience was different than mine, but just yesterday I emailed Kahr concerning my new P45. Within an hour I had been emailed a FedEx overnight label and was told there was a 4 week turn around time. I feel Kahr treated me just fine.

jlr2267
03-28-2014, 03:02 PM
Another week with no update, and no gun. The LCP I bought to temporarily replace this one has earned my respect after 100's of practice rounds without a single failure. I'll probably have a cw380 up for sale if I ever get it back.

muggsy
03-28-2014, 03:09 PM
Another week with no update, and no gun. The LCP I bought to temporarily replace this one has earned my respect after 100's of practice rounds without a single failure. I'll probably have a cw380 up for sale if I ever get it back.

Let us know if you decide to sell your CW380 when it's returned to you. Just post it in Kahr Firearms for Sale and you'll get plenty of offers.

cloud
03-28-2014, 03:44 PM

Give them a call. Usually kahr's cs is more than happy to help and give you an update. What model lcp did you get?

jlr2267
03-28-2014, 03:51 PM
Give them a call. Usually kahr's cs is more than happy to help and give you an update. What model lcp did you get?

I got the new model, with improved trigger (still VERY long) and better sights. $259+tax is hard to beat for an ultra-reliable pocket 380.

berettabone
03-28-2014, 04:24 PM
I'm not sure why your experience was different than mine, but just yesterday I emailed Kahr concerning my new P45. Within an hour I had been emailed a FedEx overnight label and was told there was a 4 week turn around time. I feel Kahr treated me just fine.
Caller ID.

cloud
03-28-2014, 04:24 PM
I got the new model, with improved trigger (still VERY long) and better sights. $259+tax is hard to beat for an ultra-reliable pocket 380.

That was a good price.I have a p380 which I like a lot,but just picked up the stainless lcp yesterday . Hopefully I will be able to get to the range one day next week.

SlowBurn
03-29-2014, 03:10 AM

Suggest check your LCP re smileys before putting the CW380 up for sale. Next time you're at the range, cease fire after shooting, but before the mag is empty, then drop the mag and eject the live round from the chamber and inspect the nose of the bullet. It's the only way you'll know.

jlr2267
03-29-2014, 07:30 AM
Suggest check your LCP re smileys before putting the CW380 up for sale. Next time you're at the range, cease fire after shooting, but before the mag is empty, then drop the mag and eject the live round from the chamber and inspect the nose of the bullet. It's the only way you'll know.

No smileys with mine...not that it really would matter much anyway.

cloud
04-01-2014, 02:24 PM

slowburn I got to try what you suggested today. I tried 3 different times with the lcp and 3 times with the p380 using 3 different brands of ammo .I could not see any difference between the lcp bullets or the ones in the kahr.

jlr2267
04-04-2014, 08:23 AM
This is now 5 weeks w/out my CW380, and no estimate of when/if I'll get it back. Will give it one more week before requesting a full refund.

cloud
04-04-2014, 08:41 AM
This is now 5 weeks w/out my CW380, and no estimate of when/if I'll get it back. Will give it one more week before requesting a full refund.

Did you give them a call today?

jlr2267
04-04-2014, 08:56 AM
Did you give them a call today?

Nope. Gave up on that. It takes 10 tries to get someone, and leaving a message does nothing (the 2 messages I left 5 to 6 weeks ago have still not been responded to). It's almost comical at this point.

cloud
04-04-2014, 01:53 PM
Nope. Gave up on that. It takes 10 tries to get someone, and leaving a message does nothing (the 2 messages I left 5 to 6 weeks ago have still not been responded to). It's almost comical at this point.

Hang in there you will get it back. I'm liking my lcp I think it is a cool little gun.

jlr2267
04-08-2014, 06:38 AM
Got a FedEx notification today. Package from Kahr will be here tomorrow. I will update on the fix, whether improvement or not.

berettabone
04-08-2014, 08:12 AM
:music:

jlr2267
04-08-2014, 08:20 AM
:music:

Queue Hallelujah

jlr2267
04-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Got it back today. Work order says:

"Polished slide, feed ramp, slide stop lever, replaced recoil springs. Lubed and test fired. Tested good."

Will get it to the range in the next few days and report the results.

trentu
04-09-2014, 07:00 PM
Good luck! Hope it works for you.

jlr2267
04-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Ok guys, let me first say the reliability is much improved after the warranty service, but nowhere near enough for carry.

Tried several ammo types today in 2 mags (a std mag and a 7 rounder) and here are the results (pretty much the same results with both mags, so there is no mag problem):

1. Speer Lawman 95gr RNhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/11/duse3y2e.jpg
Ran 100% w/out fail

2. Rem UMC 95gr RNhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/11/huhy2ana.jpg
Several stovepipes, 2 fail to fire ( went into battery and click but no boom...they fired on a 2nd attempt)

3. Magtec 95gr RN (no pic) - 100% w/out failure

4. Freedom Munitions remanufactured RNFP http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/11/5aparygu.jpg
Started out ok, but had many nose-dives which jammed the pistol HARD...also stovepipes

5. Fiocci 95gr RN http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/11/zy3esady.jpg
Multiple failures to go into battery. This ammo has a 2nd crimp below the rim which (I think) causes just enough extra friction to stop a chambering round (see pic). It is EXTREMELY unreliable in this gun.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/11/etuzymyt.jpg

6. Personal Reloads with lead RN bullet over 4gr Unique.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/11/7ysa4uda.jpg
Surprisingly, these were mostly reliable. The 2 failures to go into battery, I found, were (you guessed it)...reloaded Fiocci double crimp brass

So the bottom line is that the gun is very finicky (which is an improvement). My LCP ran all this ammo w/out a single failure. My CW380 will not feed flat points at all, and jams so hard you'd be long dead before getting it clear in a life/death situation. It needs perfectly smooth brass and hates Remington UMC for an unknown reason. If I can find a reliable self-defense round (given the serious issue w/flatpoints, I have doubts) maybe it will eventually make it as a carry gun. For now, it will be relegated to range toy status.

It's a shame, because I was shooting cloverleaf groups at 7 yds. This thing is by far the easiest to shoot of any pocket gun I've tried, and easy to shoot accurately too. I really, really want to love this gun, but I just cannot as long as it's less than 100%.

GreenMan2814
04-10-2014, 06:44 PM
I'm a new member who just picked up his CW380 on Monday. After following all the cleaning procedures and then making two separate range trips, I'm having several problems with my pistol as well.

I've put 200 rounds of Aguila FMJ through the pistol. I have one magazine and estimate that of the 200 rounds (nearly 30 magazines worth, the CW380 would only cycle through about 1/3 of the magazines without incident. The remaining 2/3 of the magazines either had a failure to go into battery or the slide would not lock to the rear. I would get the occasional stove pipe, but more often than not, it would be a dreaded FTF.

After running through 200 rounds, I tried one magazine of Hornady CD. All fed but the slide would not lock to the rear.

This is an absolute shame because, like JLR2267, I find this pistol to shoot very well. I can put hole on top of hole at 7 yards and the recoil is non-existant. But right now, I have no confidence in this as a carry gun. I've also completed the checks discussed in this thread. I'm going to try calling Kahr tomorrow. After my range trip today, their offices were closed. Hopefully this gets resolved as of right now, I wish I bought the new Bodyguard instead. Worse trigger, but at least it feeds ammunition.

berettabone
04-11-2014, 07:45 AM
I'm a new member who just picked up his CW380 on Monday. After following all the cleaning procedures and then making two separate range trips, I'm having several problems with my pistol as well.

I've put 200 rounds of Aguila FMJ through the pistol. I have one magazine and estimate that of the 200 rounds (nearly 30 magazines worth, the CW380 would only cycle through about 1/3 of the magazines without incident. The remaining 2/3 of the magazines either had a failure to go into battery or the slide would not lock to the rear. I would get the occasional stove pipe, but more often than not, it would be a dreaded FTF.

After running through 200 rounds, I tried one magazine of Hornady CD. All fed but the slide would not lock to the rear.

This is an absolute shame because, like JLR2267, I find this pistol to shoot very well. I can put hole on top of hole at 7 yards and the recoil is non-existant. But right now, I have no confidence in this as a carry gun. I've also completed the checks discussed in this thread. I'm going to try calling Kahr tomorrow. After my range trip today, their offices were closed. Hopefully this gets resolved as of right now, I wish I bought the new Bodyguard instead. Worse trigger, but at least it feeds ammunition.
If you would have purchased the Bodyguard, you wouldn't have put hole on top of hole........http://kahrtalk.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

jlr2267
04-11-2014, 07:47 AM
If you would have purchased the Bodyguard, you wouldn't have put hole on top of hole........http://kahrtalk.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

True, but he'd live to tell about it.

berettabone
04-11-2014, 09:53 AM
True, but he'd live to tell about it.
You know what happens when you assumehttp://kahrtalk.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

berettabone
04-11-2014, 09:54 AM
Ok guys, let me first say the reliability is much improved after the warranty service, but nowhere near enough for carry.

Tried several ammo types today in 2 mags (a std mag and a 7 rounder) and here are the results (pretty much the same results with both mags, so there is no mag problem):

1. Speer Lawman 95gr RNhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/11/duse3y2e.jpg
Ran 100% w/out fail

2. Rem UMC 95gr RNhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/11/huhy2ana.jpg
Several stovepipes, 2 fail to fire ( went into battery and click but no boom...they fired on a 2nd attempt)

3. Magtec 95gr RN (no pic) - 100% w/out failure

4. Freedom Munitions remanufactured RNFP http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/11/5aparygu.jpg
Started out ok, but had many nose-dives which jammed the pistol HARD...also stovepipes

5. Fiocci 95gr RN http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/11/zy3esady.jpg
Multiple failures to go into battery. This ammo has a 2nd crimp below the rim which (I think) causes just enough extra friction to stop a chambering round (see pic). It is EXTREMELY unreliable in this gun.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/11/etuzymyt.jpg

6. Personal Reloads with lead RN bullet over 4gr Unique.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/11/7ysa4uda.jpg
Surprisingly, these were mostly reliable. The 2 failures to go into battery, I found, were (you guessed it)...reloaded Fiocci double crimp brass

So the bottom line is that the gun is very finicky (which is an improvement). My LCP ran all this ammo w/out a single failure. My CW380 will not feed flat points at all, and jams so hard you'd be long dead before getting it clear in a life/death situation. It needs perfectly smooth brass and hates Remington UMC for an unknown reason. If I can find a reliable self-defense round (given the serious issue w/flatpoints, I have doubts) maybe it will eventually make it as a carry gun. For now, it will be relegated to range toy status.

It's a shame, because I was shooting cloverleaf groups at 7 yds. This thing is by far the easiest to shoot of any pocket gun I've tried, and easy to shoot accurately too. I really, really want to love this gun, but I just cannot as long as it's less than 100%.
Sell it and be done with it........................getting oldhttp://kahrtalk.com/images/icons/icon11.gif

jlr2267
04-11-2014, 11:21 AM
Sell it and be done with it........................getting oldhttp://kahrtalk.com/images/icons/icon11.gif

I think others can benefit from my experience with this firearm, which is why I post the info here. You are more than welcome to make a positive contribution, or completely ignore my posts...

berettabone
04-11-2014, 02:30 PM
What experience is that? You got it fixed....it works with certain ammo.............you don't trust it..............what experience? Which experience are you referring to? That your angry with Kahr................that you tried to contact them a zillion times..................that they didn't personally come to your house............that you have no trust in the firearm................which one is the valuable experience? I'm just curious...............so far, all I've seen is complaints, no real fixes, and that some ammo works, and some ammo doesn't, and personally, I've used all of those types of ammo through my firearm, and they all work, so nothing new here. If and when, you do actually find out what the issue is, please let us know, because we are all on the edge of our seats waiting..............we really are. Until then...................;)

jlr2267
04-11-2014, 03:01 PM
What experience is that?

the whole experience, from a non-functional firearm to non-functional customer service

You got it fixed...

Nope, not fixed. Still pretty much nonfunctional for a carry piece

.it works with certain ammo....

Yes, unlike other 380's I have and still own, it is limited to a few types

you don't trust it

No, would you?

Which experience are you referring to?

see above

That your angry with Kahr

Seems you are the only angry person in this thread. I would say I am more disappointed.

that you tried to contact them a zillion times

Actually, I called 3 times (in 6 weeks) and emailed twice (as instructed by others on this same forum), but hey, hyperbole helps you make a point, right?
not one of those calls/emails was ever returned.

I'm just curious...............so far, all I've seen is complaints, no real fixes

It's Kahr's job to find the fixes, not the customer's

and that some ammo works, and some ammo doesn't, and personally, I've used all of those types of ammo through my firearm, and they all work, so nothing new here.

I did not post it for you, but for others who may be having similar issues. Surely you can understand that..??

If and when, you do actually find out what the issue is, please let us know, because we are all on the edge of our seats waiting..............we really are. Until then...................;)

Certainly. When Kahr gets it fixed and reliable enough for a carry gun, I'll let you know with very detailed and lengthy explanations. :crazy:

getsome
04-11-2014, 03:37 PM
:popcorn:....Pass the butter please

berettabone
04-11-2014, 04:17 PM
Problem being, we can all go back to previous issues posted, not unlike yours, in fact, and find the same complaints, same reactions, same fixes etc, etc. It has been suggested before by someone,...........put it up for sale on this forum, and someone will purchase it from you, get it to work just fine, and you can find a firearm that you can trust. I'm far from angry..............it just bugs me that some people have to give a play by play report of how pissed off and disappointed they are. Grow enough lemon trees, and you'll get lemons. Personally, and I love Kahr firearms..........I would have never wasted all of this time, with a $350 firearm. Gone, move on. I'd go back to the place where I got it, and get another firearm. I find it interesting that I can email Kahr with a simple question, and I get an answer the next day. Countless others have no problems with Kahr customer service. I find it odd that a certain few always get the bottom of the barrel. Time and time again, they get no answers, no responses. Now, I am not saying that your being dishonest in your assessments, I just find all of this controversy with Kahr customer service very interesting. Have a nice day;)

jlr2267
04-11-2014, 04:22 PM
Problem being, we can all go back to previous issues posted, not unlike yours, in fact, and find the same complaints, same reactions, same fixes etc, etc. It has been suggested before by someone,...........put it up for sale on this forum, and someone will purchase it from you, get it to work just fine, and you can find a firearm that you can trust. I'm far from angry..............it just bugs me that some people have to give a play by play report of how pissed off and disappointed they are. Grow enough lemon trees, and you'll get lemons. Personally, and I love Kahr firearms..........I would have never wasted all of this time, with a $350 firearm. Gone, move on. I'd go back to the place where I got it, and get another firearm. I find it interesting that I can email Kahr with a simple question, and I get an answer the next day. Countless others have no problems with Kahr customer service. I find it odd that a certain few always get the bottom of the barrel. Time and time again, they get no answers, no responses. Now, I am not saying that your being dishonest in your assessments, I just find all of this controversy with Kahr customer service very interesting. Have a nice day;)

If it bugs you, don't click on my post updates. Problem solved.

Travel outside kahrtalk occasionally and you'll see many complaints about Kahr customer service and their lack of responsiveness. If you've not experienced it, good for you.

berettabone
04-11-2014, 04:27 PM
Let us know if you decide to sell your CW380 when it's returned to you. Just post it in Kahr Firearms for Sale and you'll get plenty of offers.
++++++++++++++++1

jlr2267
04-11-2014, 04:33 PM
Only after I've tried several more types of SD ammo, all the results of which I will post here. :001_tt2:

mitchell4198
04-11-2014, 08:18 PM
I, for one, am interested in your postings about your CW380 since mine is at Kahr for the same problems.

I am beginning to see why some people on this board have so many posts. They apparently jump in to criticize rather than offer help when others have problems with their pistols.

I have owned a perfectly functioning PM9 for over 4 years and have not seen the need to bombard others on this board with criticisms.

I expected my new CW380 to function as well as my PM9, but I have certainly been disappointed.

Jollyrogers
04-12-2014, 07:06 AM

This thread is very similar to my G42 experiences, except I got rid of the gun already. No confidence. @Greenman, as far as Aguila ammo in a 380, it is absolutely trash ammo and I wouldn't use it to determine a handguns reliability. Ever. Wife's BG380 can't run it, and it runs everything else like peanuts. Several of my reliable 45acps have issue with Aguila also, admittedly my 9mms haven't had problems. Aguila has proven to me to be loaded to light and the primers unreliable. However, the brass makes for reliable reloads :D Crap is only bought by my kids and friends who come over to shoot @ the house.

GreenMan2814
04-12-2014, 11:10 AM
This thread is very similar to my G42 experiences, except I got rid of the gun already. No confidence. @Greenman, as far as Aguila ammo in a 380, it is absolutely trash ammo and I wouldn't use it to determine a handguns reliability. Ever. Wife's BG380 can't run. Unfortunatelyt, and it runs everything else like peanuts. Several of my reliable 45acps have issue with Aguila also, admittedly my 9mms haven't had problems. Aguila has proven to me to be loaded to light and the primers unreliable. However, the brass makes for reliable reloads :D Crap is only bought by my kids and friends who come over to shoot @ the house.

Thanks for the heads up. If I can find other 380, I will give it a shot.

That said..update on my experience..

I called Kahr CS yesterday and they sent me an RMA. It can go back to factory at their cost. They quoted me 4-6 weeks. I brought another 50 round box of Aguilar and 20 rounds of Hornady CD to the range today. I'm clover leafing the target still AND I did not have a single FTF or FTE. Unfortunately, the slide only locked back on two mmagazines (one of which only had one round in it to start with.) . We will see what Kahr does.

At the very least, after 270 rounds....things appear to be moving in the right direction.