PDA

View Full Version : wolff striker spring

timmy
03-02-2014, 02:09 PM
Just got a 5lb wolff striker spring for my cm9 and noticed the wolff spring is longer then the factory spring my question is how does a spring with more coils reduce the weight of the spring is the wolff spring made of a softer steel or is the spring wire used thinner?

jocko
03-02-2014, 02:21 PM
ur factory spring has take a set also. Install the 5#spring and enjoy it. Wolffs makes all of kahrs springs also. Ur good to go, nice drop in set up.

clean that striker channel realy good being u have it apart and then after that just use that clean out hole o the bottom of ur slide to keep that channel spiffy clean with any spray cleaner with a nozzle. There is a nice tutorial in the kahr tech section under propper prepping tread that tells you about the little clean out hole.

muggsy
03-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Just got a 5lb wolff striker spring for my cm9 and noticed the wolff spring is longer then the factory spring my question is how does a spring with more coils reduce the weight of the spring is the wolff spring made of a softer steel or is the spring wire used thinner?

Wolff does it with mirrors. It's a magic trick. I think that what Jocko meant was that your old spring has taken a set. That's why is shorter. He also meant a 5# spring and not a 54# spring. I tried the 54# spring, but that one was even a tad too stiff for me. I'm having a close out on Jocko decoder rings if you're interested. Like me Jocko, too, has ten thumbs. :)

timmy
03-03-2014, 10:46 AM
I installed it took about 5min i can definatly feel a difference in the pull weight and smoothness should go well with the galloway precision sear when ever they decide to release that will put the spring through a real test and shoot some wolf,tula and Nato 9mm to make sure it ignites the primers and there are no light strikes

jocko
03-03-2014, 01:05 PM
I ain't buyin into the galloway precision anything. If u want a sorter stroker buy the enhanced version that kahr offoers and u get wehat any gun like what galloway is talking about a manual safety. To own a kahr with less travel than they offer now without a manual safety has tobe the dumbest idea. It ain't a target gun. Ifu can't handle the trigger reset then peddle it and move on to a GOOD GUN.

Does anyone here think that kahr could not do what galloway is saying they will do but yet it has been all talk and nuttin more. The cm and PM series kahrs were basicallyl desiged for pocket carry, believe that or not, and now to stick a gun with what galloway is saying they will make available is IMO senseless and stupid and very dangerous.

with the sear mod that galloway says they are working on, there is no doubt that this kahr will now be in the glock category, and that being over 50% precocked. Where as now kahrs are around 10% at best. Explain the safety of that feature in a gun with no external safety!!!

I have my doubts about this mod ever being made available. sales would be so so minimul and the cost to engineer this would be very expensive. I can't see sales ever breaking even, but what I can see if the posability of a major lawsuit against the owner and galloway if the gun is ever used carelessly.

U can't sell a bomb to ur neighor and he blow himself and utters up and u walk away with no liability, IMO. Just sayin

dumbest fokking idea IMO. No doubt one is gonna get a faster reset, the fokking trigger has far less to travel---duh!!!

timmy
03-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Has anybody experianced wolf,tula or Nato rounds not going off with the 5# spring installed

jocko
03-03-2014, 02:14 PM
Ihave shot tula and had zero issues. Lets face it a 5# striker is not light, Glocks come standard with it.

timmy
03-04-2014, 08:36 PM
Went out and shot 100 rounds of misc rounds (tula,wolf,reloads and Nato) today no light strikes what so ever the cm9 ran 100% now up to 381 total rounds fired without a single problem and no broken mag followers out of the 3 mags i own

Also the slightly lighter trigger pull help me tighten up my 3 shot group at 25 yards went from shooting a 5" spread down to 3" now