PDA

View Full Version : P40

big ted
05-28-2010, 12:02 PM
Stopped in the gun store today to buy either a p40 or a t40.
Owner of the store told me that he only stocked the cw, because
that was the only model of the kahr lineup that did not have
any problems associated with it. Is this guy blowing smoke or is there any truth to his statement.
Please help, need advice, asap.

Thanks, ted

Bawanna
05-28-2010, 12:10 PM
any problems associated with it. Is this guy blowing smoke or is there any truth to his statement.

Thanks, ted

Short answer yes, he's blowing smoke. I'd find another dealer. Any Kahr or any other brand may occasionally have an issue but none that can't be dealt with. In the unlikely event you have an issue kahr will take care of it if you and this group together can't cure it ourselves.
If a P40 or a T40 is what you want then thats what you should get. Just my opinion, everybody has one but I don't think either one will dissapoint you. Not my first choices but thats not the point here either.
Find another dealer too.

at_liberty
05-28-2010, 02:24 PM

Thanks, ted

Boy, I haven't heard that before. Head in the sand maybe. I have both a P40 and T40 and am right proud of them. The P40 is especially pleasing, an upscale version of the CW40. The T40 is great if you like more grip in your hand and an extra round. Its greater mass tames the .40SW a bit too. The small guns with big boy calibers require some adaptation, great for CCW but a bit tiring at the range. The T40 is one of the "big boys", but the P40 is lighter and more compact by quite a significant amount.

jocko
05-28-2010, 03:51 PM
probably that was the only kahr the dealer had, so allthe others kahrs are bad ones. He is so full of sh-t, that I would if I could definitely find another dealer..

jlottmc
05-29-2010, 09:03 AM
I'd go somewhere else and not look back. I have a P45 and love it, I almost bought a CW40 for my wife (she decided she like something else better, then the funds fell through), and wouldn't have the slightest hesitation in acquiring either a P40 or a T40, or better yet both.