PDA

View Full Version : I'm a legal American citizen and I must show my ID

downtownv
03-07-2014, 08:08 AM
I'm a legal American citizen and I must show my ID when:
1. Pulled over by the police.
2. Making purchases on my department store credit card.
3. When I show up for a doctor's appointment.
4. When filling out a credit card or loan application.
5. When applying for or renewing a driver's license or passport.
6. When applying for any kind of insurance.
7. When filling out college applications.
8. When donating blood.
9. When obtaining certain prescription drugs.
10. When making some debit purchases, especially
if I'm out of state.
11. When collecting a boarding pass for airline or train travel.

I'm sure there are more instances, but the point is that we citizens of the USA are required to prove who we are nearly every day!
Why should people in this country illegally, be exempt!!!!!
Why shouldn't we guard our borders as closely as every other country in the world does? :amflag:

Armybrat
03-07-2014, 08:21 AM
You should've started with, "When I purchase a gun from a gun store and apply for a license to carry it."

colding
03-07-2014, 08:24 AM
Because they will be asked simply because of the color of their skin. Sound a lot like Nazi Germany to me… 'Papers, Please'.

JohnR
03-07-2014, 09:10 AM
https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t1/1463883_716084311777791_2089051158_n.jpg

getsome
03-07-2014, 09:17 AM
Apparently ID won't be a big problem to sign up for Obummercare either....Yesterday Barry was speaking at a town hall meeting of Spanish language media groups and said he urged Latinos to sign up for ACA and promised no deportations for anyone in this country illegally who's anchor family member signed up for healthcare in one of the new insurance exchanges....In the anointed one's own words "Latinos know that I've got their back".......:puke:

chrish
03-07-2014, 10:06 AM
I'm sure this need not be answered. But why? Well, if your very democrat/progressive existence depends on the vote, financial support, and media sob story that is that of the illegal alien crowd in this country...then WHY would you risk that on requiring them to get an ID.

I know you all know that. It's simple. But you asked...

I've been asking liberal/progressives this for YEARS and have yet to get a coherent response or sound reason. A deer in headlights is the most frequent response. Anger and displaced aggression is second.

chrish
03-07-2014, 10:07 AM
https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t1/1463883_716084311777791_2089051158_n.jpg

Love it! Priceless...

Speaking of which. Very timely. Was just reading an article on the Ukraine issue and it quoted Obama. Just replace Ukraine/Crimea with Israel/West Bank and see how funny it reads.

“The proposed referendum on the future of Crimea would violate the Ukrainian constitution and violate international law,” Obama told reporters during a brief statement at the White House Thursday. “Any discussion about the future of Ukraine must include the legitimate government of Ukraine. In 2014, we are well beyond the days when borders can be redrawn over the heads of democratic leaders.”

colding
03-07-2014, 10:42 AM
http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp351/c_olding01/h3F71D849.jpeg (http://s427.photobucket.com/user/c_olding01/media/h3F71D849.jpeg.html)

b4uqzme
03-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Silly isn't it. You have no rights unless you are illegal/an illegal.

jocko
03-07-2014, 11:19 AM
Love it! Priceless...

Speaking of which. Very timely. Was just reading an article on the Ukraine issue and it quoted Obama. Just replace Ukraine/Crimea with Israel/West Bank and see how funny it reads.

is gonna step and solve this cremoa issue. He is gonna issue an excutve order telling Russin they cannot do it. PROBLEM SOLVED.

This is no big deal for the POTUS. and he willhave the backing of Pogosie and Einstein, andtey have no intentions of reading his executive order until it is passed either. Why change now.

Putin is stroken his mule over this coo with ovomit.:Amflag2::yo:

SGT5711
03-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Because they will be asked simply because of the color of their skin. Sound a lot like Nazi Germany to me… 'Papers, Please'.

BS!

ltxi
03-07-2014, 04:35 PM
Out of that list, other than #5 I haven't been asked to produce my ID anytime within the last 10 years.

chrish
03-07-2014, 11:00 PM
Out of that list, other than #5 I haven't been asked to produce my ID anytime within the last 10 years.

Must never be leaving the house then. I get asked for my ID at least 3 or 4 times per month.

Armybrat
03-08-2014, 10:16 AM
http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp351/c_olding01/h3F71D849.jpeg (http://s427.photobucket.com/user/c_olding01/media/h3F71D849.jpeg.html)

The Apaches oughta know - they were run out of Central & West Texas by the marauding Comanche who swept out of the Rocky Mountains and stole their lands in the mid-1700s.

bob98366
03-08-2014, 12:50 PM
The Apaches oughta know - they were run out of Central & West Texas by the marauding Comanche who swept out of the Rocky Mountains and stole their lands in the mid-1700s.

+1 There is no one is the world who is a 100% descendent of the "original" settlers of the plot of ground they now call home. We're all a product of past migrations, wars, tribal battles, intermarriage and rapes.

muggsy
03-08-2014, 01:19 PM
All of us are only on this planet for a very brief period of time. Can't we all just get along?

ltxi
03-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Must never be leaving the house then. I get asked for my ID at least 3 or 4 times per month.

For stuff on that list? Get a lot of traffic tickets? Take out a lot of loans?

In fairness, I'll add one to that list that's common for me...going through airport security. That's not the same as getting a boarding pass, which I don't need to show ID for, but that could be considered a quibble.

O'Dell
03-08-2014, 04:21 PM
I can see a logical reason for nearly all of the situations on your list. In most cases, though, you cannot be stopped on the street and asked for "your papers" unless you have committed some breach of the law or decorum. However, the illegal question shouldn't even be mentioned because those people aren't suppose to be here, right?

chrish
03-08-2014, 05:56 PM
For stuff on that list? Get a lot of traffic tickets? Take out a lot of loans?

In fairness, I'll add one to that list that's common for me...going through airport security. That's not the same as getting a boarding pass, which I don't need to show ID for, but that could be considered a quibble.

Yup, on that list. Using my CC, using my check card, buying cold medicine, picking up Rx drugs. In addition to that list, I can add your airport security thing and entry to client sites for my job.

We can nitpick that list, the point is that what good reason is there for anyone to oppose voter ID laws...answer...none. well, other than they would loose the fraudulent votes they are getting today. No other explanation holds water.

colding
03-08-2014, 08:14 PM
All of us are only on this planet for a very brief period of time. Can't we all just get along?

If only!

Planedude
03-08-2014, 08:46 PM
I guess the problem I had with lefts argument during the voter ID campaign was it's shrill nature.
It seems the left demms told us it was racist and bigoted to require the poor to get a state photo ID to vote...
Really?? How so??
Not one of these screamers could ever adequately explain to me how it was racist for a "poor person" to stand in line with me ONCE every FIVE YEARS at the DMV office to get a free ID while I stand in the next line and pay $25 bucks for my drivers license. I'm not mad theirs is free, but your leadership is telling me I'm what? A bigot for holding the door at the DMV office for them?
Sooo, the "anti-ID" folks really lost a lot of right side traction here by the hysterical nature of their argument. Here in Texas, every person of voting age, regardless of sex, color or orientation must have a current, valid state photo ID to vote. Since this applies to everyone, the law can't be racist .
I'm thinking maybe its a bonding experience for the "haves" & "have not's" sitting on the DMVs dirty chairs, bitching about the slow service...
It is the American way!

DavidR
03-09-2014, 04:07 AM
I have to show my valid government issued picture ID and range card every time I want to use the range at my LGS.

ltxi
03-09-2014, 04:05 PM
Yup, on that list. Using my CC, using my check card, buying cold medicine, picking up Rx drugs. In addition to that list, I can add your airport security thing and entry to client sites for my job.

We can nitpick that list, the point is that what good reason is there for anyone to oppose voter ID laws...answer...none. well, other than they would loose the fraudulent votes they are getting today. No other explanation holds water.

That's interesting....I haven't been asked for hard picture ID for any of those things in forever. Part of that may have to do with having lived here for 20 years, but the cc/debit card thing doesn't come up when I travel, either. At least within the US.

Irrespective, having to come up with irrefutably valid evidence of citizenship and applicable residency requirements in order to be allowed to vote is a total no brainer thingy to me. As should be PoP identification as necessary to prevent multiple voting.

chrish
03-09-2014, 04:54 PM
That's interesting....I haven't been asked for hard picture ID for any of those things in forever. Part of that may have to do with having lived here for 20 years, but the cc/debit card thing doesn't come up when I travel, either. At least within the US.

Irrespective, having to come up with irrefutably valid evidence of citizenship and applicable residency requirements in order to be allowed to vote is a total no brainer thingy to me. As should be PoP identification as necessary to prevent multiple voting.

Yea, I think when you frequent the same places, ID checking goes away over time to some extent. I personally LIKE when retailers ask for my ID on a CC or check card purchase. I specifically do not sign the back of my cards for that reason (they should and are suppose to ask for ID in that case). I don't make an issue out of it and call them on it when they don't, because I created my own ID request hell on that one. Never have understood the point of a signature on a card anyway. Pointless if you ask me.

And I love my Mucinex D for when my sinuses get all clogged up. It's either show my ID or get a sinus infection :-)

downtownv
03-09-2014, 05:14 PM
I guess the problem I had with lefts argument during the voter ID campaign was it's shrill nature.
It seems the left demms told us it was racist and bigoted to require the poor to get a state photo ID to vote...
Really?? How so??
Not one of these screamers could ever adequately explain to me how it was racist for a "poor person" to stand in line with me ONCE every FIVE YEARS at the DMV office to get a free ID while I stand in the next line and pay $25 bucks for my drivers license. I'm not mad theirs is free, but your leadership is telling me I'm what? A bigot for holding the door at the DMV office for them?
Sooo, the "anti-ID" folks really lost a lot of right side traction here by the hysterical nature of their argument. Here in Texas, every person of voting age, regardless of sex, color or orientation must have a current, valid state photo ID to vote. Since this applies to everyone, the law can't be racist .
I'm thinking maybe its a bonding experience for the "haves" & "have not's" sitting on the DMVs dirty chairs, bitching about the slow service...
It is the American way!

Especially when you needed Photo ID to attend the DNC and the NAACP convention!