PDA

View Full Version : Knkali's Gun Guru of the week

knkali
03-07-2014, 12:17 PM
Every week or so, I am going to pick an internet gun guru for Kahr talk members to put in their two cents. Is the guy nuts? Is he a good guy with good info? Is he a poser ect. I want to hear what you guys think. When the replies die off, I will post up another guru for our evaluation.

Gun Guru for this week is:

NutnFancy

I encourage you guys to check out his vids and give some feedback. I'll post up one link of his so you can get started. Please check out more than one before commenting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gIHDHZf1TA

Longitude Zero
03-07-2014, 12:26 PM
You either love him or hate him. His videos are sometimes informative. He is NOT as smart as he thinks he is and sometimes he is flat out wrong. The term pompous arsehole comes to mind.

muggsy
03-07-2014, 01:54 PM
Brevity isn't his strong suit. He's fairly knowledgeable about the guns that he's familiar with. Not a bad sort I guess. Fairly decent shot.

TheTman
03-07-2014, 01:59 PM
Well he is no Hickock45, I've watched a few of his videos, he's pretty opinionated, Mostly I watch if he reviews a gun I'm interested in. I like him better than some, less than others. I like him better than Yeager. He's just another gun enthusiast to me, that sometimes reviews something I am interested in. I don't watch his "opinion" videos very often, the ones where he rags on something, or toots someone's horn.

RRP
03-07-2014, 02:01 PM
Not my cup of tea.

SlowBurn
03-07-2014, 02:05 PM
Personally I didn't find anything interesting in that. I'm looking for concrete information and maybe some expertise, not philosophy.

As a matter of fact I have been carrying more consistently from a sense of obligation. If something bad starts, for example at a restaurant, or theater, I hope at least one or two responsible adults on the premises is armed. Since I hope somebody is, I think I should be. But you don't need to be told that by an internet pontificator, you either feel that way or you don't.

What I want is practical information that will help me be a better and safer gun owner or make it more enjoyable.

deadeye
03-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Nothing against him. Don't always agree. I always listen to other peoples opinions but have my own.

Longitude Zero
03-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Nothing against him. Don't always agree. I always listen to other peoples opinions but have my own.

Precisely.

downtownv
03-07-2014, 04:56 PM
Remember opinions are like a~Wholes.... everyone has one :D

TucsonMTB
03-07-2014, 11:10 PM
His M1 Garand videos are a lot of fun to watch. They definitely were of interest when I was shopping for mine. I still enjoy them now after acquiring one. :)

The two videos he did with a gunsmith, who performs a trigger job on a S&W J-frame covering every step in detail, are very informative. Useful if you are new to J-frames, as I was when I found them. The gunsmith has all the good lines. He's just there for "local color". :o

A couple of years ago, when he was one of the few guys with extensive reviews of the several hand guns I was considering, his YouTube gun reviews were helpful to me. He liked the Kahr PM9. He certainly was right about that one. ;)

Lately . . . not so much. :rolleyes: