PDA

View Full Version : New CM40 feed issues

12bar
03-16-2014, 04:23 PM
I picked up a new CM40 earlier this week, ran 200 rounds through it without a problem. Today I went to the range and suddenly it won't feed it happens on a fresh magazine sometimes and every time on the second round. I switched magazines same problem. Then I discovered the slide locks back with one magazine when empty but not on the other. I took both mags apart and they appear to be identical. Tomorrow it goes back to the shop so they can sort it out but would also appreciate any feedback from other Kahr owners.

SDGlock23
03-16-2014, 06:53 PM
I'd venture to say your recoil spring is still fairly tight, did you hand rack the slide a bunch to loosen it up some? Also, I've experienced a few issues if I'm not gripping the gun very tightly, or even perhaps inadvertently my thumb hitting the slide lock under recoil, basically it's a grip issue more than likely.

I think the CM40 is particularly prone to limpwristing, it's sprung very tight from the factory and it's polymer framed so that slide needs a very firm grip to push against to cycle properly. But when I say limpwristing I don't mean holding it limply, I mean anything less than a very tight grip on these guns seems to cause feed issues.

HAP1978
03-16-2014, 10:53 PM
Yes, I agree with SDGlock23. I own a CM .40 and you have to grip it like you mean it. If I limp wrist at all then I get the same issue you're having, as do a lot of polymer guns, especially smaller ones like the CM .40.

It could also just be tight like SDGlock23 stated.

Watch this good video that someone else posted on this website. The guy in this video can get a Glock to fail almost on command by limp wristing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_Uqtz2asE4

12bar
03-17-2014, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the replies, I took the gun to the shop today so they could check it out and the gunsmith found a couple of small burrs on the slide which he filled off. We also discussed the possible limp wrist issue. I don't think I am but will pay particular attention to how I am holding the gun next time I am at the range

getsome
03-17-2014, 12:35 PM
Hi 12bar, Did you check the magazine followers? Others are seeing broken followers on CM9 and 40 pistols...Strange it shot 200 times before the issue started so check to be sure the followers haven't broken where the feed ramp may be hitting....Good luck and welcome to Kahrtalk....