PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone from Northern Illinois

FelixD
03-16-2014, 05:01 PM
I just wanted to say hello. I've been reading the forums for quite sometime, but just recently joined. My Kahr experience is limited, but I've been a shooter for about 53 years. I did some test and evaluation work with Kahr pistols about 17 years ago and had the privilege of shooting most of the products then built by the company. I was favorably impressed. By chance I acquired a CM40 last year, my first Kahr and first .40, and have had a good time learning it foibles. I hope the experience of everyone can assist me if problems develop. Good shooting!

RRP
03-16-2014, 05:06 PM
Welcome aboard, FD. We will benefit from your historical knowledge of the Kahr product line.

AIRret
03-16-2014, 06:21 PM
Welcome FelixD.
Illinois is a rough place for a legal gun owner!

kwh
03-17-2014, 06:51 PM
Welcome. Why so long to try the Kahr and why the .40. Should make an interesting story. What was your role in test and evaluating?

FelixD
03-17-2014, 08:45 PM
kwh,

The T & E experience was for a police department where I was a firearms instructor before retirement. Five of us were given the guns and the ammo we shot the crap out of them for several weeks. We gave a positive recommendation to the department, but the bosses didn't agree and they were not approved. I waited so long to get one because I already have a number of good guns and Kahrs were expensive. But, then the "deal" showed up. I went with the .40 because I had shot them, thought the recoil controllable and ammo was available. The CM40 is the only .40 I own. I've held out against the .40 in general for a long time, but finally caved in. I like the design of the Kahr and think the products are well made. I've experienced a few problems with my CM40 (broken mag follower/distorted recoil spring), but consider them teething problems so far (750 rds factory). The people at customer service have been great.

kwh
03-18-2014, 05:25 PM
Thanks for your service and expertise.

Bawanna
03-18-2014, 05:39 PM
kwh,

The T & E experience was for a police department where I was a firearms instructor before retirement. Five of us were given the guns and the ammo we shot the crap out of them for several weeks. We gave a positive recommendation to the department, but the bosses didn't agree and they were not approved. I waited so long to get one because I already have a number of good guns and Kahrs were expensive. But, then the "deal" showed up. I went with the .40 because I had shot them, thought the recoil controllable and ammo was available. The CM40 is the only .40 I own. I've held out against the .40 in general for a long time, but finally caved in. I like the design of the Kahr and think the products are well made. I've experienced a few problems with my CM40 (broken mag follower/distorted recoil spring), but consider them teething problems so far (750 rds factory). The people at customer service have been great.

Seems all departments are alike. They assign guys to effectively test various gun options and submit a recommendation. Then the brass does whatever it wants anyhow disregarding the evaluations.

Been there twice myself. Hoping I'm done before we go through that again.

smo79
03-18-2014, 06:15 PM
Hey Felix nice to see a fellow Illini here, welcome!!!