PDA

View Full Version : My How I've missed KahrTalk

jkalantzis
05-30-2010, 08:42 AM
I think this site is more addicting then Crack! Not that I would know, it's just a guess. I've been off this site for about 3 weeks or so and could not wait to get home to see what I've missed. I took my family to the Key's for some quality time together. I must say anyone who has children must take the time to give their children these experiences. Whether it's camping, or a luxury vacation, these are the memories that will stick with them forever. The first thing my oldest Son asked to do was go to a local gun range and shoot. I tell you trying to find one in the Key's is pretty tough, but we did. We spent a little over 2 weeks doing nothing but fish, swim, scuba, and relax. Anyway's it's great to be back and Congrats Bawanna.

johnh
05-30-2010, 09:33 AM
Welcome back! I live for those family trips as well. We did Disney over our Spring break and had a great time. It is wonderful to set aside work and just have fun with the kids. Thinking back over my childhood, those are some of the memories that really stick with you--having fun with mom and dad while on vacation!

John

wyntrout
05-30-2010, 09:52 AM
Welcome back, jkalantzis. I would be interested in anything you can tell us about the Keys. My wife and I would love to go down there and I know it's expensive as heck. I have no idea what kind of resources or entertainment is there... even this shooting range.
I remember checking on some things years ago and a place to pitch a tent was about $60!:eek:
Wynn:D

jlottmc
05-30-2010, 12:36 PM
That rules me out right now at least. I would like to know where the range is. I've been there a few times and haven't seen one. I could make a helluva vacation in the Keys, with a range present...

wyntrout
05-30-2010, 12:44 PM
Dang! Here's the first place I checked... $5 cheaper now in the "off season":
About.com: http://www.boydscampground.com/ (http://goflorida.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1/XJ&zTi=1&sdn=goflorida&cdn=travel&tm=47&f=00&su=p284.9.336.ip_p531.51.336.ip_&tt=2&bt=1&bts=1&zu=http%3A//www.boydscampground.com/)
Double:eek: See the Picture!
Dang! I try to stay under $60 for a MOTEL room, when I can!
Wynn

jlottmc
05-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Tourist rates. I used to live in Atlantic Beach NC when I was stationed at Cherry Point. Thing that we loved to hate was the tourists. They brought in lots of cash (the loved part) but where a PITA otherwise, and raised the prices on the island. Smart thing to do is to go a bit away from there and drive in.

wyntrout
05-30-2010, 01:05 PM
Hmmm... I just noticed that HURRICANE season falls within the "off" season. That could be a little iffy for camping out. I've seen on TV too many times the traffic jams as people try to leave the Keys while a hurricane is on the way. I guess the "In" season is the thing... and the better deal for a few more bucks.:D
Wynn

jlottmc
05-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Meh, hurricanes are over rated, but if you want to go outside of that season then I can't fault you there. I'm still wondering where that range is.

jocko
05-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Welcome back, jkalantzis. I would be interested in anything you can tell us about the Keys. My wife and I would love to go down there and I know it's expensive as heck. I have no idea what kind of resources or entertainment is there... even this shooting range.
I remember checking on some things years ago and a place to pitch a tent was about $60!:eek:
Wynn:D

Wife and I rode our harley's from Indianapolis, Ind, to Key West, only to have ol jocko when we got down there gauking at some lovely bikini clad gal walking along Atlantic blvd, and my wife in front of me riding her bike and some a-hole rides in across in front of her on a two wheel pedal bike, She stops, now ,,, I still gauking like a kid with a new toy, rams right in the back of her bike.. What a mess, we had and the bikini clad gal just smiled as she walked right by us. Oh yes Key West is nice...:israel:

jkalantzis
05-30-2010, 05:07 PM
I must admit there was plenty to gauk at, I just happen to have a great wife who pointed them all out for me to see. Man I love her!

AFVet
05-30-2010, 07:51 PM
My best memories as a child were family vacations. My dad used to rent a camper and we'd take off for Disney World or some other destination. Great way to travel.

jlottmc
05-30-2010, 08:43 PM
I must admit there was plenty to gauk at, I just happen to have a great wife who pointed them all out for me to see. Man I love her!

I believe I'd keep her. Mine does that once in a blue moon, gives me ideas.:D That reminds me, I need to take her to Padre...